Subtitles for Episode 101 – Soccer Ball Lesson

麦苗 我给你买的麻花
Mai Miao, I guarantee the mahua I bought for you

保证片片酥脆
is crunchy and crispy.

好好好
Okay, okay.

你给我站住
Stop there!

你说你这个孩子啊
You naughty boy!

我不让你在小区里踢球
I asked you not to play soccer inside the courtyard.

你偏不听
But you wouldn’t listen.

你看看 砸着人了吧
Look, you did hit someone.

哟 还是位国际友人
Oh, aslo an international friend!

姑娘 上找没有
Miss, are you okay?

骨折而已 没事儿
Just a fracture. It doesn’t matter.

骨折 还没事儿
A fracture? And you say it doesn’t matter?

不是说我骨折
Not a facture in me.

是我的麻花
A fracture in my mahua.

哎哟 吓我一大跳
Oh, you startled me.

我没事儿
I’m okay.

你不要紧张 你放松一点儿
You shouldn’t be so nervous. relax a bit.

只要你没伤着 我就不紧张了
I won’t be nervous so long as you’re not hurt.

哎 对
Oh, well…

您能不能配合我演一出戏呀
Can you cooperate with me to put on an act?

演戏
Put on an act?

对 哎呀 这个孩子啊天天在社区里踢球
Yes. Oh, this kid plays soccer in the courtyard every day.

那多危险啊
How dangerous it is!

我想啊趁此机会教育教育他
I want to take this opportunity to teach him a lesson.

你可以进行说服教育嘛
You may educate him by persuasion.

哎呀 我都说了多少次了
Oh, I’ve talked to him many, many times.

可他就是不听啊
But he just wouldn’t listen.

我小的时候也是这样的
I did things like this, too, when I was a child.

长大了以后就好了
He’ll get better when he has grown up.

长到您那么大的时候
When he has reached your age?

那我可受不了
I couldn’t b that patient.

您配合配合我 拜托了
Cooperate with me, please.

我怎么说您就怎么做 好不好
You do what I tell you to do, okay?

哎呀 伤成这个样子了
Oh, the injury is so serious!

哎哟 正好我是大夫
Oh, I happen to be a doctor.

您看 您的伤势怎么样啊
Look, are you okay?

哎呀 耳朵都聋了
Oh, she is deaf now.

哎呀 哎呀 对
Oh, oh, right.

请多包涵 您怎么称呼
Excuse me. What’s your name?

我叫苏珊
My name is Susan.

苏珊小姐 您能不能哎哟哎哟大点儿声
Miss Susan, can you start moaning loudly?

哎哟
Ow!

再大点儿
Louder, please.

哎哟
Ow!

非常好
Very good.

哎呀你看 伤势这么严重
Look, the injury is so serious!

儿子快过来
Son, come over here.

看看 赶紧向阿姨赔礼道歉
Look, hurry up to apologize to this lady.

阿姨 对不起
Aunt, I’m sorry.

阿姨不 疼
I’m okay. Aw, it’s so painful.

您到底是疼还是不疼啊
Is it painful or not?

她能不疼嘛
Of course, it is painful.

阿姨 我错了
Aunt, it’s my fault.

他还是头一次承认
This is his first time to admit

在小区里踢球是错的
it is wrong to play soccer inside this courtyard.

好了 我先送阿姨回去养伤
All right. I’m going to send Aunt home to recover.

跟阿姨再见
Say goodboy to Aunt.

回头探望她去
and we’ll go and see her later!

阿姨 您好好养伤
Aunt, please rest and recover soon.

回头我去探望您
I’ll go and see you later.

不用
No need.

那好吧
Okay.

感谢你陪我教育孩子
Thank you for helping me to educate my child.

请多包涵
I hope you don’t mind.

别客气
Not at all.

不过你刚才说还要来看看我
But you just said you’d come to see me.

我觉得不用了吧
I don’t think it’s necessary.

一定要去
We must.

可我没有真受伤
But really I’m not hurt.

嘘 现在的孩子
Shh! Children nowadays

证据确凿他才肯承认错误
will admit their errors only before solid evidence.

可是这个证据是假的
But this evidence is false.

我反对这个父亲的做法
I am against the way this father educates his child.

我也反对
I’m also against it.

小孩那么小 吓唬他干什么
He is still a little child. Why did he scare him?

舅舅你说呢
Uncle, what’s your opinion?

我能理解这个人的做法
I can understand the way he did.

您能同意这个做法
You agree with the way he did?

如果你是父亲
If you’re a father

有养过两个顽皮的儿子
who has reared two naughty sons…

一个
Just one.

大伟还是很听话的
Dawei is very obedient.

话题马上就该转移到我的头上了
The topic has instantly shifted to me.

很有自知之明
You know yourself pretty well!

就以小伟为例
Take Xiaowei for example.

小的时候就别提多调皮了
He was very naughty in his childhood.

对这样的孩子我认为
For such children,

光凭口头教育是没有威慑力的
verbal education alone doesn’t have enough deterrence.

您的威慑力一直到现在
But your deterrence has not produced

我还没看出效果呢
any effect till today.

说明我的力度不够
It shows it wasn’t strong enough.

您还没有力度呢
Was it not strong enough?

那小时候谁在我睡觉前跟我说
Before I went to sleep when I was a child, who said to me:

你要是再不闭上眼睛
“If you don’t close your eyes,

大灰狼待会儿就来吃你了
the grey wolf will come to eat you”?

咱们这祖祖辈辈
For generations, people have

都是这么哄孩子睡觉的
lulled their children to sleep this way.

可是您再出去之后
But after you went out of the room,

您还会模仿大灰狼外婆的脚步声
You mimicked the footsteps of the grey wolf’s grandma.

事实证明 这种方法很有效
Facts proved this method was effective.

能使你迅速进入梦乡
It made you got to sleep very quickly.

可可 可您别忘了
But you mustn’t forget

每次在我进入梦乡之前
every time before I went to sleep,

我都会在被窝里哆嗦半天
I kept trembling for a long time under the quilt.

嗯 我也有过同样不愉快的经历
Yea, I also I had similar unpleasant experiences.

我反对吓唬小孩子
I’m against the practice of scaring children.

坚决反对
I’m firmly against it.

既然大家都反对
Since we’re all against it,

那我就不演了
I will not have a role in the act.

我可是赞成的
But I’m for the practice.

就你这一票 无效
Only one vote. It is invalid.

我不能支持您
I can’t support you.

请多包涵
I hope you don’t mind.

***

是请别人原谅时用的一句客套用语
is a polite formula, meaning to forgive.

一般用在比较正式的场合
It is usually used on formal occasions.

你怎么搞的 把我的衣服都弄脏了
How come you soiled my clothes?

对不起 对不起
I’m sorry. I’m sorry.

光说“对不起”不行
You can’t just say sorry.

去 把你们的老板叫来
Go get your boss here.

对不起 先生
We’re sorry, sir.

她是刚来的 请您多包涵
She is a new employee. Please forgive her.

这样吧 这件衣服我们拿去给您洗干净
I suggest you allow us to have your jacket dry-cleaned.

另外 这桌菜我们全部免费
Besides, all the dishes on the table will be free.

这还差不多
That’s more like it.

您好! 刚才是我的儿子踢球时
Hi! Just now when my son played soccer,

把您家窗上的玻璃打碎的
he broke your window glass.

我带他来向您道歉
So I took him here to apologize to you.

请您多包涵
Please for give him.

你怎么能让他在小区里踢球呢
How could you allow him to play soccer in the residential quarter?

多危险哪
How dangerous it was!

要是踢着人可怎么办呢
What if he hit someone?

您说得对
You’re right.

我一定好好教育他
I’ll let him learn a serious lesson.

乐乐 赶紧跟奶奶道歉
Lele, come on and apologize to Granny.

奶奶 对不起 我错了
Granny, please excuse me for my wrongdoing.

***

但愿今天别再碰到那位先生
I only hope I wouldn’t meet that gentleman again today.

哎呀 别担心 有我在呢
Oh, don’t worry. You have me with you.

对于这种不合格的父亲
He is such an unqualified father.

我一定要对他进行批评教育
I will definitely criticize him

让他痛改前非
to let him thoroughly correct his mistake.

苏珊小姐 你好
Miss Susan, how are you doing?

你好 是他
Hi. It’s him.

这位是
Who is this?

我叫麦苗 是苏珊的同学
I’m Mai Miao, Susan’s schoolmate.

幸会幸会
Glad to meet you.

改变主意了吗
Have you changed your mind?

逮住这么个好机会
I have just grabbed this opportunity.

怎么能改变注意呢
How could I change my mind?

这位先生 我得批评您几句
Sir, I must criticize you.

您怎么能随便地吓唬自己的孩子呢
How could you scare your child for no reason?

你是不了解我儿子有多调皮呀
You don’t know how naughty my son is.

男孩儿可不同女孩儿啊
Boys are different from girls.

我要是有女孩儿
If I had a girl,

我怎么能舍得吓唬她呢
I couldn’t bear to scare her.

我就是女孩儿
I’m a girl.

我小时候我爸爸就吓唬过我
My dad scared me in my childhood.

那说明你爸爸不是个合格的爸爸
It shows your dad is not a qualified father.

错 我爸爸是个非常优秀的爸爸
Yes, my dad is an excellent father.

那他怎么还吓唬你呢
Then why did he scare you?

我小时候太淘气了
I was very naughty when I was small,

甚至比男生还淘气
even naughtier than boys.

是吗
Really?

是啊 我小时候
Yes. When I was a small girl,

经常在小区的花园里踢球
I often played soccer inside the residential compoud.

还老把邻居的花盆给踢碎了
The ball once smashed my neighbor’s flowerpot to pieces.

我爸好好跟我说我不听啊
My dad talked patiently to me. But I wouldn’t listen.

于是他就吓唬我
So he decided to adopt the scare tactic.

管用吗
Did it work?

管用 非常管用
It did. And it was very effective.

我跟你说
Let me tell you.

从那以后 我再也不敢在小区里踢球了
From then on, I never dared play soccer inside the courtyard.

你爸爸太有办法了
Your dad was so resourceful!

我要向你爸爸学习
I must learn from your dad,

做一个优秀的爸爸
so that I can become an excellent father.

不敢不敢
I’m flattered.

你把自己绕进去了
You surrendered your position.

苏珊 昨天我儿子把你的麻花踢碎了
Susan, yesterday, my son kicked your mahua to pieces.

我有新买了一份
So I bought another portion for you.

请您收下 实在是对不起
Please accept it. I’m really very sorry.

实在不用那么客气
It’s nothing the matter.

这麻花踢碎了可以重新买一份
For broken mahua, I can buy another portion.

花盆踢碎了 还可以重新买一个
For a broken flowerpot, I can buy a new one.

人要是踢碎了 啊 不不不
But if a person is broken… oh, no.

人要是踢坏了
If a person is injured,

那后果就严重了
the consequence will be a lot more serious.

先生 我们帮您这个忙
Sir, we will help you in this matter.

可是我不会装病
But I don’t know how to do it.

是站着还是坐着
Do I have to stand or lie down to pretend sickness?

躺着 必须躺着
Lie down. You must lie down.

要卧床不起
You have to remain bedridden.

哎哟哟哟 哎呀呀呀 哎哟哟哟
Aw! Aw! Aw!

这样的像不像养病
Do I look like a patient this way?

我看看啊
Let me take a look.

把这个唇膏给擦了
Wipe out your lipstick.

头发嘛在弄得稍微乱一点儿
Get your hair a bit more disheveled.

这样像了
Now you look like a real one.

这样像吗
Really?

我看向疯人院的
I think I look like a madhouse patient.

这妆画得是不是太过了
Is the makeup overdone?

只有这样 那孩子才能信以为真嘛
Only this way, can that child believe it is true.

我们这么做不但没有错
Our doing so is not only not wrong,

而且还可以说是助人为乐
but helpful for other people.

来了
Just a second.

小伟 你去开门吧
Xiaowei, will you please open the door?

哎哟哟哟 哎呀呀呀
Aw! Aw! Aw!

哎哟哟哟
Aw! Aw! Aw!

***

wo xiao shihou tai taoqi le,
我 小 时候 太 淘气 了,

shenzhi bi nansheng hai taoqi.
甚至 比 男生 还 淘气。

I was very naughty in my childhood, even more naughty than boys.

在汉语中“甚至”用来强调突出的事例
In Chinese, “shenzhi” is used for emphasis,

有更进一层的意思
meaning furthermore or even.

老张 新来的那个小王工作怎么样
Lao Zhang, how is the new recruit, Xiao Wang, working?

咳 别提了
Oh, you won’t believe it.

都来了两个多月了
He has been here for more than two months now.

他还一点儿都不熟悉工作
But he still hasn’t familiarized himself with his job.

甚至工作报告也不知道该怎么写
He even doesn’t know how to write a report.

是吗 怎么会这样
Really? How come?

我得找他好好儿谈谈
I’ll have a serious talk with him.

我看 您还是把她从我们组调出去吧
In my opinion, you’d better transfer him to another section.

爷爷 您打太极拳打了多长时间了
Grandpa, how long have you practiced Taijiquan?

我从七八岁就开始练
I started practicing it ever since I was seven to eight years old.

你说有多长时间了
You say how long it is.

那 有七十来年了吧
Oh, nearly 70 years now.

您是每天都练吗
Do you practice it every day?

那当然 我每天都坚持
Of course, I kept practicing it every day.

甚至刮风下雨的时候也从没停过
I’ve never stopped even during windy or rainy days.

爷爷 我太佩服您了
Grandpa, I really admire you!

您是我的偶像
You’re my idol!

***

喝水
Drink some water.

如果我不在小区里踢球
If I had not played soccer in the courtyard,

就不会伤到阿姨
I wouldn’t have injured you, Aunt.

阿姨 对不起
Aunt, I’m sorry.

我再也不在小区里踢球了
I will never play soccer in the courtyard again.

念完了
I finished my reading.

哎 回来
Come back.

苏珊哪 你看我儿子承认错误这么诚恳
Susan, look, my son admitted his mistake so sincerely.

你就原谅他吧
Could you forgive him?

好 阿姨早就原谅你了
Yes. I have long forgiven you.

你回来
Come back.

都怪我平时对儿子管教不严
I’m wrong not to discipline my son strictly,

才是您受伤
causing you this injury.

您也原谅我吧
Please also forgive me.

好 我也原谅您了
Yes, I have also forgiven you.

儿子 你踢着一脚球不要紧
Son, the ball you kicked so hard

你看把苏珊阿姨的胳膊都踢伤了
injured Aunt Susan’s arm.

导致苏珊阿姨一周都上不了课
Thus she won’t atten class for a week.

以后再敢不敢在小区里踢球了
From now on, you mustn’t play soccer in the countyard again.

再也不敢了
No, I’ll never.

哎呀 小朋友别哭了
Oh, don’t cry, young friend.

你别哭了
Stop crying.

阿姨 你胳膊没事儿了
Aunt, your arm is okay now?

哟 家里来客人了
Oh, there are guests in our home?

您坐坐坐
Sit down, please.

苏珊 你这是怎么了
Susan, what’s the matter?

你胳膊怎么了
What’s wrong with your arm?

哎哟 怎么搞的呀这是
Oh, what happened?

要紧不要紧 上医院 走走走 快
Is it very serious? Hurry, let’s go to hospital.

不好意思
I’m sorry.

你怎么能这样呢
How can you say this?

快带好带好
Get dressed quickly.

哎哟 怎么伤成这样了呢
Oh, how come you’re injured so seriously?

哎呀 不好意思
Oh, I’m sorry.

我实在演不下去了
I can’t go on acting now.

啊 你们还真演上戏了
What? Did you all do this just for show?

小朋友 阿姨不应该骗你
Young friend, Aunt shouldn’t have fooled you.

对不起
I’m sorry.

阿姨再见
Goodbye, Aunt.

站住 你干什么去啊
Stop! Where are you going?

踢球去喽
I’m going to play soccer.

多好的一次教育孩子的机会呀
What a golden opportunity to educate the kid!

全泡汤了
But it all fell through.

我们这么配合您
We have cooperated with you so well.

您也得适可而止啊
But enough is enough.

不能这么吓唬孩子呀
You mustn’t scare a child like this.

我爸也没这么吓唬过我呀
My dad has never scared me like this.

你们都是年轻人
You’re all young people.

都没结婚吧
None of you has got married, right?

那根本不理解做父母的心
So you don’t understand the hearts of parents.

我的小孙子都上小学了
My grandson is already a primary school student.

我也不理解
But I still can’t understand you.

你这个做爸爸的怎么这么狠心呢
You, as a father, shouldn’t be so cruel-hearted.


I…

您 您总该理解吧
I’m sure you understand me, right?

这出戏肯定没经过彩排吧
This show didn’t undergo any rehearsal, did it?

这个戏不能这样演
You should have played like this.

要假戏真做
You should act like real.

作为女主角苏珊
The leading lady Susan

你要全身心地投入进去
should have plunged herself into the show wholeheartedly.

还有您的戏 不能太过火
And for your part, you just overdid it.

对自己的孩子 这样不行
You can’t treat your child like this.

Advertisements