Subtitles for Episode 103 – Missing Front Teeth

小姑啊
Auntie,

你说这次参加了社区的歌唱比赛
do you think after we take part in the community’s singing contest,

是不是就能哪一个游戏机回来
we’ll bring home a video game machine?

那也得得了第一名才行啊
But only when we win first place.

哎呀 放心吧
Oh, rest assured

冠军呀肯定是我们的了
the championship will be ours for sure.

哎 小姑 咱们继续练那个
Eh, Auntie, let’s go on practicing that song,

《我爱洗澡》怎么样
“I Love Having a Shower”. Okay?

好啊 我爱洗澡 乌龟跌倒
Good. I Love Having a Shower. The turtle stumbles…

你们会唱 可我不会
You guys can sing it. But I can’t.

这如何是好
What should I do?

那你给我们伴舞就好了
You can dance for us in the backgroud.

对对对
Yeah, yeah.

告诉你们我还有一绝招
Let me tell you I have got a unique skill of my own.

你们看
Look.

可爱吧
Am I lovely?

超级可爱
Extremely lovely.

就是嘛
Of course.

上次啊在学校演出
When I performed at school last time,

因为我的笑容太迷人了
just because of my charming smiles,

结果那些评委呀又给我新设了一个奖项
the judges gave me a special award,

笑容可爱奖
Lovely Smile Award.

乐乐一笑 就露出一最的小白牙
When Le Le grins, his little white teeth

确实很迷人
are very charming indeed.

一个可爱的大宝贝
A lovely kid

加上两个大美女
and two beautiful girls,

一定迷倒所有的评委
will definitely captivate all the judges.

对呀 冠军一定是我们的了
Yeah, the championship belongs to us for sure.


Yeah!

舅舅 今天您做饭呀
Uncle, are you to cook today?

你舅妈又去搞活动去了
Your aunt has gone to attend some social activity.

我给你们做饭
So I’m cooking for you instead.

那做什么好吃的呀
What nice food are you going to cook us?

肯定是热腾腾的 香喷喷的
That must be the steaming and appetizing

中午的剩饭
leftovers from lunch.

乐乐 那我们先上去了
Le Le, let’s go upstairs now.

赶紧上来排练啊
We must hurry for the rehearsal.

行行行
Okay.

上冲冲 下洗洗
Under the shower, I wash myself,

左搓搓 右揉揉
Rubbing both my left and right sides.

上冲冲 下洗洗
Under the shower, I wash myself,

左搓搓 右揉揉
Rubbing both my left and right sides.

上冲冲 下洗洗
Under the shower, I wash myself,

左搓搓 右揉揉
Rubbing both my left and right sides.

乐乐 又搓又揉的干什么呢
Le Le, why do you rub yourself? What are you doing?

《我爱洗澡》
“I Love Having a Shower”.

洗澡啊
A shower?

吃完饭 爷爷给你烧洗澡水
After dinner, I’ll heat the bathing water for you.

不是 您不知道
No, you don’t understand.

这次如果洗好了的话呀
If I do well this time,

没准能洗出个游戏机
probably I’ll get a video game machine from the shower.

洗澡就别玩儿游戏机了
Don’t play a video game machine when you’re having a shower.

游戏机一沾水就坏了
Water will damage your game machine.

您不明白 这《我爱洗澡》啊
You don’t understand “I Love Having a Shower”.

《我爱洗澡》明白了吗
“I Love Having a Shower”, do you understand?

明白 你爱洗澡
I understand you love having a shower.

那也得吃完饭再洗吧
But you have to do it after dinner.

乐乐 快上来洗澡
Le Le, come up for the shower.

哦 我去洗澡
Oh, I’m going to take a shower.

这上边也没有洗澡的地方啊
There is no bathroom upstairs.

上冲冲 下洗洗
Under the shower, I wash myself,

左搓搓 右揉揉
Rubbing both my left and right sides.

乐乐 别练了 都快累死了
Le Le, stop practicing. I’m dead tired.

我以为你三岁
I thought when you were three years old,

就改掉吃手的毛病了呢
you already gave up the bad habit of sucking your fingers.

我哪儿吃手了
I didn’t suck my fingers.

我这颗牙吧最近总有点儿怪怪的
One of my teeth has been a little weird recently.

你看我这颗门牙
Look at this front tooth of mine.

哟 怎么了
Oh, what’s wrong with it?

没什么事儿 没什么事儿 不管它
Nothing serious. FOrget about it.

我回来了
Hi, I’m back.

哎呀 你回来了
Oh, you’re back.

这可太好了
This is wonderful.

歌手和舞蹈队员都继续补充体力
Both the singer and the dancer need to be reenergized.

哎呀 炸糕 这可是好东西
Wow, fried cakes! They are nice goodies.

就是粘牙
Only they are likely to stick to the teeth.

什么叫粘牙
What does “nian ya” mean?

你尝一口你就知道了
You’ll know after you take a bite.

好吃吗
Is it tasty?

嗯 好吃
Yes, it is tasty.

我现在知道什么叫“粘牙”
Now I know what “nian ya” means.

哎呀
Aw!

怎么了 我看看
What’s the matter? Let me see.

哎呀 这如何是好
Oh, how come?

怎么了 怎么了 我看看
What’s wrong? Let me see.

哎呀 这这这如何是好
Oh, dear me. What should we do?

哎 怎么了
Eh, what’s the problem?

干吗呀 哎呀哎呀的 怪吓人的
What do you mean? Oh, you’re scaring me.

乐乐 你的门牙
Le Le, your front tooth!

我的门牙怎么了
What’s wrong with my front tooth?

怕是不在嘴里了
I’m afraid it’s no longer inside your mouth.

那他在哪儿
Where is it now?

在你刚刚咬下来的炸糕上
It’s in the remaining part of the fried cake you ate.

我的牙
My tooth!

***

zhe ruhe shi hao?
这 如何 是 好?

在汉语中“这如何是好”
In Chinese, “zhe ruhe shi hao”

表示不知道该怎么办的意思
means one does not know what to do about something.

表示一种着急的语气
It expresses a worried state of mind.

妈 我那条蓝裤子您给放哪儿了
Mom, where did you put that pair of blue jeans of mine?

我刚收进来
I’ve just brought it in.

在床上那一叠衣服里
It is in that pile of clothes.

你自己找找
Go find it yourself.

没有啊
No, it’s not here.

你慢点儿 都给我翻乱了
Be careful. Don’t mess them up.

那不是 就在白衣服上边
Isn’t it that one just on top of that white shirt?

天哪 这如何是好
Oh, my Gosh! What now?

老唐 刚才老年活动中心来电话
Lao Tang, just now the Senior Activity Center called.

让你马上过去一趟
They want you to come over at once.

现在呀 我还没做饭呢
Now? I haven’t cooked dinner yet.

乐乐就快放学了
Le Le will be back from school soon.

这如何是好
What should I do now?

没事儿 你去吧 我来做
It doesn’t matter. You may go and I’ll cook.

你炒菜的时候少放点盐腌
When you cook, make sure not to use too much salt.

知道啦
Rest assured.

***

没事儿 属于正常换牙
It doesn’t matter. It is normal tooth replacement.

也对 怪不得这牙
Yes. No wonder this tooth

今天总在我这嘴里晃悠呢
kept wobbling in my mouth today.

乐乐 这是好事儿你别害怕
Le Le, this is good. Don’t be afraid. Okay?

谢谢小姑的安慰 可是我不害怕
Thank you for your consolation. But I’m not afraid.

笑什么
Why are you laughing?

不用害怕 不用害怕
You needn’t to be afraid.

不就掉了颗牙嘛
You just shed a tooth.

凡是像你这么大的孩子
All children your age

都会经历一次换牙
will experience a tooth-replacement period.

是吗
Really?

爷爷 您可不知道啊
Grandpa, you don’t know

这颗牙对于我来说很重要
how important this tooth is to me.

因为这颗牙呀会影响到他的招牌笑容
Because this tooth would affect his hallmakr smiles.

招牌笑容没了
Without his hallmark smiles,

这制胜法宝也就没了
he will lose the magic weapon for victory.

游戏机也就没了
And there will be neither a video game machine for me.

可是谁让你敢这会儿换牙呢
But this happens to be your tooth-replacement period.

哪能怪谁呀
You can’t blame anyone.

怪那个炸糕
Then I blame the fried cake.

要不是它
If it were not for it,

我这门牙还能在我嘴里多挂两天呢
my front tooth would have hung in my mouth for two more days

直到比赛结束
until the end of the contest.

炸糕是我买的
I bought the fried cakes.

哎呀 这这如何是好
Oh, what can I do now?

乐乐 对不起
Le Le, I’m sorry.

苏珊 用不着对不起
Susan, you needn’t to be sorry.

这不是赶巧了嘛
This is merely a coincidence.

对对对 不怪苏珊阿姨
Yes, yes, Susan is not to blame.

苏珊阿姨 咱在这儿干吗呀
Aunt Susan, what are we here for?

我很抱歉弄掉你的门牙
I’m sorry to have caused you to lose a front tooth.

所以我要补偿你一下
I want to compensate you.

补偿我
You want to compensate me?

你不是又想买块炸糕粘自己牙吧
Do you want to buy another sticky fried cake for your teeth?

当然不是
Of course not.

来 闭上眼
Close your eyes.

“当当”睁开眼
Clang-clang! Open your eyes.

旱冰鞋呀
Roller skates.

我还以为你会说
I thought you would say:

“哇 旱冰鞋啊”
“Wow, roller skates!”

我不会溜
I don’t roller-skate.

哦 那没关系 来来来 穿上
Oh. It doesn’t matter. Come on and put them on.

我教你
I can teach you.

您会
Are you good at it?

凡是体育运动我都会
I’m good at all kinds of sports.

真的
Really?

当然是吹牛啊
Of course, I’m boasting.

不过教你滑冰没问题
But I’ll have no difficulty teaching you how to roller-skate.

哦 可是我不敢
Oh. But I dare not.

来 勇敢地穿上
Come on. Put them on bravely.

乐乐 我在你这年纪
Le Le, when I was your age,

凡是有益的运动 我都乐意尝试
I would be happy to try my hand at all kinds of beneficial sports.

我对它没什么乐趣
I’m not interested in it.

你没发现我腿在抖吗
Don’t you see my legs trembling?

来来来 别害怕
Come on. Don’t be afraid.

勇敢一点儿
Be brave.

好 好了好了 好
Okay. you’re going to be all right.

别害怕 我在你后面
Don’t be afraid. I’m behind you.

好了
Okay?


Oh!

***

Fanshi xiang ni zheme da de haizi, dou hui jingli yici huan ya.
凡是像你这么大的孩子, 都会经历一次换牙。
All children your age, will experience a tooth-replacement period.

Fanshi youyi de yundong, wo dou leyi changshi.
凡是有益的运动 我都乐意尝试
I would be happy to try my hand at all kinds of beneficial sports.

“凡是…都…” 表示在某个范围内无一例外
“Fanshi… dou…” means there is no exception within a certain category.

比如 凡是体育运动 我都乐意尝试
EG: I’m willing to try out every kind of beneficial exercise.

苏珊 你看到通知了吗
Susan, have you seen that notice?

没有 什么通知
No. WHat notice?

学校组织我们假期去旅行
The university is organizing travels during the vacation.

有好几条线路呢
There are several routes.

凡是想去的人都可以报名
All who want to participate can sign up.

太好了 我现在就去报名
Terrific! Now I’m going to sign up.

喂 小勇啊 什么事
Hello? oh, Xiaoyong. What is it?

又要我们去试吃你的新菜 好吧
You want us to taste your new dish? Good.

我都听见了 我不去
I heard it all. I won’t go.

罗斯 你很喜欢吃中国菜 对不对
Ross, you like Chinese food, right?

对 凡是中国菜我都喜欢吃
Yes. I like all kinds of Chinese food.

那正好 这个任务就交给你了
All right. I assign this task to you.

***

乐乐 那颗牙也摔没了
Le Le, you’ve got another tooth knocked off.

苏珊阿姨带我看过牙医了
Aunt Susan took me to see a dentist.

他说啊这颗又是正常换牙
He said that it was also a milk tooth to be replaced.

都怪我 接二连三地做蠢事
I’m to blame. I have made one mistake after another.

我觉得这个应该不影响大赛吧
I figure this wouldn’t affect his participation in the contest.

乐乐 再给小姑乐一个
Le Le, give me another smile.

是不是很傻
Do I look very stupid?

不傻
No, you don’t.

我觉得比以前更可爱 更自然
I think you look more lvely, more natural.

是吧 舅舅
Right, Uncle?

没错儿 现在这个笑容更生动了
Exactly. He smiles more vividly.

是吗 哎呀 太好了
Really? Oh, great!

我的舌头也特别高兴
My tongue is also very happy

因为它的房间终于有通风口了
because it has finally had a vent in its room.

我担心你唱不了歌呀
I’m afraid you can’t sing now.

谁说的 我这样也可以唱
Who says I can’t. I can sing as usual.

我爱洗澡 皮肤好好
I love having a shower to make my skin clean.

我爱洗澡 皮肤好好
I love having a shower to make my skin clean.

皮肤好好
To make my skin clean.

皮 肤 皮肤好好
To make my skin clean.

是不是有点儿漏风啊
Am I uttering these words indistinctly?

哎 你说
Eh, do you think

有没有什么东西能把这个牙给堵上呢
there is something to fill in the gap?

开玩笑呢 除非安两颗假牙
You must be kidding unless you mean two false teeth.

我有办法了
I have a solution.

下面由李乐乐和他的家人表演
Next, a performance by Li Lele and members of his family.

下面 有我和我的家人们
Now I and my aunts would like to

为大家表演一个曲目
give you a performance called

《我爱刷牙》
“I Love Having a Shower”.

我刷 我刷 我刷刷刷
I brush, brush my teeth.

我上上下下 我前前后后
I brush both my upper and lower teeth.

我仔仔细细 我轻轻柔柔
I brush them carefully and gently.

我快快乐乐 睡前起床
I brush after I get up and before I go to bed.

三餐饭后 刷牙漱口
I gargle after each meal

因为牙齿是我的好朋友
Because my teeth are my good friends.

弟弟妹妹 我们来刷牙 好
Brothers and sisters, let’s brush our teeth.

我刷 我刷 我刷刷刷
I brush, brush, I brush my teeth.

牙膏轻轻给它挤一下
After gently squeezing out some toothpaste,

我刷 我刷 我刷刷刷
I brush, brush, I brush my teeth.

我不要人家叫我大黄牙
I don’t like people to call me yellow teeth.


Wonderful!

给李乐乐亮分 十分
Show Li Lele’s score. Ten points.

又一个十分
Another ten points.

冠军
The champion.

冠军
The champion.

评委说呀 你们这个节目
The judges said your show

是打破常规 新颖独特
was unconventional and very original.

所以才把冠军给你们的
So they granted you the title.

那都是因为乐乐甩掉了门牙
It’s all because of Le Le’s missing teeth.

因祸得福拿了第一名
The missing teeth were a blessing in disguise.

我们应该去庆祝一下
This calls for a celebration.

对对对 我去滑旱冰
Yeah. I’ll go roller-skating.

苏珊 你去干嘛
Susan, what are you doing?

我去把旱冰鞋收起来
I’m going to put away the roller skates.

乐乐在调个牙
If Le Le had another tooth knocked off,

那没法吃饭了
he’d be unable to eat.

Advertisements