Subtitles for Episode 107 – Mai Miao Loses Her Memory (Part 1)

好了好了
Okay, okay.

好了
Okay.

谢谢师傅
Thank you, sir.

哎 二位美女
Hi, you two beauties.

你们这是要去哪儿啊
Where are you going?

书店
The bookstore.

我陪你们一起去吧
Let me go with you.

我们去买书 你干吗去
We’re going to buy books. What are you going there for?

我也去买书啊
I’m also going to buy some books.


You?

不是 我可以充当你们的护花便者
I can be a Flower Guardian for you.

你看啊 在你的熏陶之下
Look, under your influence,

我现在也是会功夫的人
now I’ve also learned some kung-fu skill.

小勇 真有两下子
Xiaoyong, you do know your stuff.

你耍猴呢
You’re acting like a monkey.

苏珊 我们走
Susan, let’s go.


Let’s go.

喂 苏珊啊
Hello, Susan.

啊 好好好 你别着急啊
What? I see. Don’t worry.

我马上就到
I’ll be right there.

妈 妈 哎
Mom, Mom. Yes?

苏珊打电话说
Susan just called and said

麦苗骑车不小心摔倒 都晕过去了
Mai Miao had fallen from her bike, and fainted.


What?

我去看看啊
I’m going to see her now.

哎呀 那快快 快去看看
Oh, go and see her quickly.

哎呀 这事儿
Oh, dear me.

怎么还不回来呀
Why haven’t they come back yet?

快急死我了
I’m worried to death!

我回来了
I’m back.

刘雅 怎么样了
Liu Ya, how is she?

医生说啊目前没什么危险
The doctor said there is no danger at the moment.

就是有点儿失忆
Only she is suffering from a bit of amnesia.

有点儿失忆
A bit of amnesia?

就是说她暂时失去了记忆
Which means she has lost the ability to remember things.

哎哟 那她什么都不记得了
Oh, she can’t remember anything now?

家住哪儿也不知道了
She doesn’t know where her home is?

可能 不过是暂时性的
Probably not. But it’s only temporary.

哦 那可是这个暂时性的多久啊
Oh. But for how long will it be temporary?

三天 也可能三个星期
Three days, maybe three weeks

甚至三个月
or even three months.

不会甚至半年吧
Would it last for a half year?

这可说不好
I’m not sure.

苗 慢点儿啊
Miao, be careful.

回来了
I’m glad you’re back.

慢点儿
Be careful.

慢点儿慢点儿啊 苗
Be careful, Miao.

这是哪儿啊
What place is this?

这是你家呀
This is your home?


Yes.

对对对 我家我家
Oh yeah, this is my home.

你想起来了
Have you remembered it?

想起来了 想起来了
Yes, I have remembered it.

想起来了
I have remembered it.

麦苗 你还记得我吗
Mai Miao, do you still remember me?

记得 当然记得
Yes, of course, I do.

你看看 我就说麦苗没那么严重嘛
Look, as I said, Mai Miao’s condition isn’t so serious.

你吓死我了刘雅
You scared me to death, Liu Ya.

您是房东大妈
You’re the landlady, right?


What?

麦苗 她是你舅妈呀
Mai Miao, she is your aunt.

我是你舅舅
I’m your uncle.

您糊涂了 您是房东大爷
How muddleheaded you are! You’re the landlord, sir.

我成房东大爷了
Now I’ve become the landlord.

坏了 坏了 这可怎么办呀
Oh, my goodness. What should we do now?

我觉得冷
I’m feeling cold.

这么热的天她冷 是不是发烧啊
She feels cold in this hot weather. Is she having a fever?

这是失血后的正常现象
This is normal after the loss of blood.

喝点儿姜糖水就好了
She’ll feel better after drinking some ginger syrup.

快快快 快去熬姜糖水
Hurry up to boil some ginger syrup.


Okay.

麦苗 我服你上楼去休息吧
Mai Miao, let me help you upstairs to rest.

没事儿 我自己能行
It doesn’t matter. I can walk up myself.

您回去吧
Please go back.

啊 我回 我会哪儿去啊
What? Where do I go back?

我就住这儿
I’m living right here.

您不是医院的大夫吗
Aren’t you the doctor from the hospital

您把我送到这儿
who sent me here?

您就可以回去了 谢谢啊
You can go back now. Thank you.


I…

那个 那个
Well, well,

她呀是医院派的专职大夫
she is a special doctor sent by the hospital

负责全程地陪护你
to be responsible for taking care of you all the time.

哦 这样啊 哦
Oh, I see. I see.

我聪明吧
Am I smart?

真有两下子
You know your stuff.

那你是谁呀
Who are you then?

我 我也是负责全程陪护你的
I’m also responsible for taking care of your all the time.

哦 对对对
Oh, yeah, yeah.

他是医院的护工
He is also a caretaker from the hospital.

对 护工 护工
Yes, a caretaker.

***

在汉语口语中“真有两下子”
In spoken Chinese, “zhen you liang xia zi”

常用来称赞别人做某是很拿手 水平高
is used to praise someone’s skill or ability.

罗斯 你来找苏珊吗
Ross, are you here for Susan?

爷爷 您好 我不找苏珊
Hi, Grandpa! I’m not here for Susan.

我找修车的地方
I’m looking for a bike repairman.

车坏了 我看看
Your bike is broken? Let me have a look.

来 你试一下
Come on. Give it a try.

好了 谢谢您
The problem is gone. Thank you.

爷爷 您真有两下子
Grandpa, you are so resourceful!

你看那个人 他在干嘛呢
Look at that man. What is he doing?

他在表演拉面
He is demonstrating how to make hand-pulled noodles.

我们刚才点的面条就是这么做出来的
The noodles we just ordered are to be made just like that.

真的 他可真有两下子
Really? He surely is very skilled.

这家店的特色就是拉面
The specialty of this restaurant is the hand-pulled noodles.

这儿的师傅都有两下子
All the chefs here are very skilled.

***

麦苗 这张记得吗
Mai Miao, do you remember something in this picture?

不记得
No.

那这张呢 认识吗
And this one? Is there anything familiar to you?

你说说你 你不会自己屋
Why don’t you go back to your own room?

你在人家苏珊屋里呆着干吗呀
Why are you staying in Susan’s room?

着屋朝阳 我冷
This room faces the sun. I’m cold.

行了 行了
All right.

一会儿喝点姜糖水就不冷了
If you drink some ginger syrup in a moment, you’ll not be cold.

您怎么不冷呢
Why are you not cold?

你是东北人吧
You must be a Northeasterner.

这一跤摔得 全乱了
The fall made her totally insane.

小勇来了
Oh, Xiaoyong is coming.

麦苗啊 你怎么样了
Mai Miao, how are you feeling now?

都快急死我了 这个送给你
I’m worried to death. This is for you.

祝你早日恢复健康
I hope you’ll recover soon.

你送什么都白费 她认不出你
Whatever you give her is useless. She can’t recognize you.

谢谢啊 小勇
Thank you, Xiaoyong.

啊 你认出他了
What? You’ve recognized him?

一闻就知道
I know him by smell.


By smell?

这种鸭子的味道
It is the smell of the kind of roast duck

只有小勇能做的出来
that only Xiaoyong can cook.

原来是鼻子认出来了
Actually your nose has recognized him.

忙了半天 总算有点儿收货
My effort has been worthwhile.

麦苗 听说你认出小勇来了
Mai Miao, I heard you’ve recognized Xiaoyong?

你也能认出我来吧
Can you also recognized me?

能啊 大爷
Yes, sir.

还是大爷
She still calls me sir.

我是你舅舅
I’m your uncle.

不是 小勇 他是我舅舅吗
No. Xiaoyong, is he my uncle?

苗 这真是你舅舅
Miao, he really is your uncle.

那小勇说的话我信
I believe Xiaoyong’s words.

那他既然都说了
Since he said you are,

那你就算是我舅舅吧
I can count you as my uncle.

我这个新舅舅
I’m her true uncle.

还得外人介绍才能算数
But I have to be introduced to her by an outsider.

小勇 你顺便也把我介绍介绍呗
Xiaoyong, Please also introduce me as well.

苗 这位是舅妈
Miao, this is your aunt.

舅妈
Aunt.

认识您很高兴
I’m very pleased to meet you.

很高兴 很高兴
Very pleased, very pleased.

这怎么回事呀这是
What is all this about?

小勇 舅妈长得这么好看
Xiaoyong, my aunt is so good-looking.

当年怎么就看上舅舅了呢
How could she have taken a fancy to Uncle?

这个这个
Well, well…

这是因为舅妈的基因够强
Because of your aunt’s strong genes,

所以生出了大表哥比较英俊
you have got such a handsome cousin.

你很幸运
You’re lucky.

大爷大妈 我得回去看点了
Uncle, Aunt, I’ve to go back to attend to my restaurant.

不行
No.

你忍心把我放在一个人生地不熟的地方吗
Do you have the heart to leave me in this strange place?

他们都是你的亲人哪
They are all your loved ones.

我跟舅舅和大表哥都刚刚认识
I’ve just known Uncle and Big Cousin.

我都不好意思问他们洗手间在哪儿
I even feel embarrassed to ask them where the toilet is.

你还不好意思呢
Are you really embarrassed?

今天早上你还跟我抢洗手间呢
Just this morning, you scrambled with me for the toilet.

反正 反正你不能走
Anyway, you can’t go away.

小勇 你就在这儿陪陪吧
Xiaoyong, you’d better stay to keep her company.

对 让病人和她觉得安全的人在一起
Yes. Letting the patient stay with someone she feels secure with

有助于她的康复
is conducive to her recovery.

说不定啊聊着聊着
Probably while you are chatting,

她也就想起来了
she may remember something in the past.

对 你不许走
Right. You can’t go.

我们走
We’ll go.

***

Mang le bantian, zongsuan
忙 了 半天, 总算

youdianr shouhuo!
有点儿 收获!

在汉语中“总算”表示经过较长的时间
In Chinese, “zongsuan” is used to indicate that

或做了很大的努力之后
after a long period of effort,

某种希望的结果终于出现
some desirable result has finally come.

我看你最近早出晚归的
I’ve seen you go out early and get back late.

忙什么呢
What have you been busy with?

忙我们剧本的事呢
I’ve been busy with our play.

修改了好几次
It has been revised a number of times.

导演都不太满意
But the director isn’t satisfied with it.

你们导演的要求很高啊
Your director is so demanding!

今天把第五次修改的剧本给他
Today we gave him the fifth revised version.

他总算满意了
He was finally satisfied with it.

真不容易
It was no easy job.

老李 外面还下雨吗
Lao Li, is it still raining outside?

不下了
No. It has stopped.

这雨总算听了
The rain has finally stopped.

我还想着一会儿得给乐乐送伞呢
I was just thinking to send an umbrella to Le Le in a moment.

这回你就放心吧
Now you should feel relieved.

***

麦苗 现在能跟你聊天
Mai Miao, when I’m chatting with you,

我简直就像做梦一样
I feel as if I was dreaming.

为什么呀
Why?

之前 我一直把你当成我的女朋友 可是
Previously, I always regarded you as my girlfriend. But…

我是你女朋友
I’m your girlfriend?

不是 那个
No. Well…

难怪我只急得你
No wonder I only remember you.

原来你是我男朋友
Actually you’re my boyfriend.

不是 这个
No. Well…

麦苗 我刚才去学校帮你请好假
Mai Miao, I just went to school to ask for leave on your behalf.

你就好好养伤
Just be at ease and recover quickly.

谢谢你啊 苏珊
Thank you, Susan.

你再说一遍
Pardon me.

你刚才你叫我什么
What did you call me?

我教你苏珊呀
I called you Susan.

哎呀 太好了
Wow, wonderful!

你的记忆总算恢复正常了
You’ve finally recovered your memory.

我当然记得你
Of course, I remember you

因为你是我的外交嘛
because you’re my foreign teacher.


What?

苏珊 我来给你介绍一下
Susan, let me introduce him to you.

这个是我的男朋友 小勇
This is my boyfriend, Xiaoyong.

你说这是为什么呢
Tell me why.

这麦苗谁都不认识 唯独认识小勇
Mai Miao can recognize no one except Xiaoyong.

小小小 小勇 你的男朋友
Xiaoyong, your boyfriend?

这说明咱们平时对麦苗关心得不够
This show that we do not give enough concern to Mai Miao.

他还会做饭呢
He can even cook.

你千万不要嫉妒哟
You mustn’t be jealous of him.

舅舅 舅妈 我的妈呀
Uncle, Aunt, my goodness!

但愿这次小勇能帮着妈妈想起点儿什么
I do hope Xiaoyong will help Mai Miao remember something.

这事儿可不能强求
You can’t force it to happen.

别指望让麦苗马上恢复记忆
You mustn’t expect Mai Miao to restore her memory at once.

这需要时间
It takes time.

你看 麦苗和小勇怎么回事呢
Look, what’s the relationship between Mai Miao and Xiaoyong?

那小勇是麦苗的特约护工
Xiaoyong is Mai Miao’s special caretaker.

麦苗说小勇是她的男朋友
Mai Miao said Xiaoyong was her boyfriend.

什么
What?

你给我站住 站住 站住
Stope there! Stop! Stop!

站住 站住 站住
Stop! Stop! Stop!

不许跑 你给我站住
Stop running! Stop!

你自己走吧
You can walk yourself.

干吗非让我背呀
Why do you want me to carry you on my back?

那你是我男朋友
Because you’re my boyfriend.

你背背我怎么了
Why can’t you carry me on your back?

小勇
Xiaoyong!

麦苗 麦苗
Mai Miao! Mai Miao!

你这是怎么回事儿啊
What’s this all about?


I uh…

小勇 我们让你来帮助麦苗恢复记忆啊
Xiaoyong, I want you to help Mai Miao recover her memory,

可没让你修改记忆
but not to revise it.

我没有
No, I didn’t.

你就不该趁机冒充是麦苗的男朋友
Then you shouldn’t have pretended to be Mai Miao’s boyfriend.

我不是
No, I haven’t.

你要是趁人之危
If you take advantage of her illness,

我就告诉你爷爷去
I’ll go tell your grandpa about it.

你们让我说完行不行啊
Can you let me finish my words?

我小勇是混水摸鱼的人吗
Am I that type of person who fishes in trouble waters?

我知道麦苗不是真喜欢我
I know Mai Miao does not really like me.

那我不喜欢你我喜欢谁呀
Whom do I like if not you?

麦苗 你不是一直说小勇傻啦吧唧吗
Mai Miao, do you always say Xiaoyong is so silly?

你忘了
Did you forget that?

麦苗 不可想好了啊
Mai Miao, you must think about it seriously,

别等清醒了 你就会非常难受
or else, you’ll be very upset after you’ve regained consciousness.

你会非常非常的难受
You’ll be very, very upset.

不至于那么难受吧
She might not be that upset

虽然我不够英俊
though I’m not handsome enough.

勇 你在我心里是最英俊的
You’re the most handsome man in my heart.

真的
Really?

可是你千万别被我的英俊所迷倒
But you mustn’t be infatuated by my handsomeness.

这可是你一辈子的事儿啊
This is something concerning your lifetime happiness.

对 麦苗啊 这可是一件大事儿啊
Mai Miao, this is something very important.

你可不能糊涂
You mustn’t be insane

尽管你现在还糊涂着呢
though you’re still insane.

但是你一定要清醒
But you must be clear about it

尽管你一时半会儿也清醒不了
though you can’t get clear in a short time.

总之 你可不能因为现在
All in all, you mustn’t let your current decision

毁了你后半生啊
ruin the latter half of your life.

是啊 不能就这么毁了
Right, you mustn’t do that.

不是 我有那么差劲嘛
But am I that bad?

你们要是在欺负小勇我可就生气了啊
If you go on bullying Xiaoyong, I’ll get angry.

勇 我想吃油焖大虾和烤羊腿了
Yong, I want to eat braised prawns and roast lamb leg.


Let’s go.

勇 你背着我
Yong, carry me on your back.

别别别
No, I can’t.

不行 你背着 背着
Why not? I want you to carry me on your back.

失忆还这么能吃吗
Can an amnesia patient be so gluttonous?

这个问题嘛
The question can be hardly explained

在医学上还真不好解释
from a medical perspective.

Advertisements