Subtitles for Episode 11 – An Important Task

二姨 二姨您听我说啊
Aunt,Aunt,listen to me.

我呢今天陪我爸妈去给您过六十大寿
I’ll go with my dad and mom to attend your 60th birthday party.

现在的情况呢是这样的
What’s going on here is …

我爸我妈呢正在收拾东西 准备出发
my dad and mom just packing and will be leaving soon.

刘雅她今天值班 实在是抽不出时间
Liu Ya is working an extra shift and can’t take time out to go.

小伟 小伟的情况啊他出去采风去了
As for Xiaowei, he is out of town taking pictures.

得三五天才能回来
and won’t be back in three to five days.

真的 确实没时间
Really, I don’t have time.

我 我也是请了假
I’m taking a day off today…

二姐
Elder Sister,

下午就我们仨去
the three of us will be leaving to your place this afternoon,

对 不用接
No need to greet us at the railway station.

下午见
See you this afternoon.

那乐乐怎么办
What should we do about Le Le?

舅舅 舅妈 你们放心
Uncle,Aunt, rest assured.

我们能照顾好乐乐
We’ll definitely take good care of Le Le.

苏珊 你喜欢照顾孩子吗
Susan, are you willing to look after the kid?

喜欢 而且能照顾好
I am, and will take good care of him.

这就是我担心的
That’s what I’m concerned with.

这孩子呀贪玩
This kid can never play enough.

我就怕他不按时完成作业
I just feel he can’t do his homework on time.

我喜欢玩儿
I love to play.

还有我
Me,too.

她们要这样
If that’s the case,

我没法吧孩子交给她们
I can’t leave the kid to them.

我最担心的就是这个
That’s what I’m most worried about.

哎呀 你们放心吧
Just rest assured.

我们知道怎么对付乐乐
We know how to deal with Le Le.

我告诉你们啊
Listen to me.

他要是贪玩儿 不听话
If he plays a lot and refuses to listen to you,

你们就给我打电话
just give me a call.


Okay.

哦 耶 自由喽
Oh yeah, I’m free now!

自由啦
I’m free now!

自由啦
I’m free now!

别美 明天你妈就来接你
Don’t be smug. Your mom will be back tomorrow.

玩一天 算一天
A day of playing is a day gained!

是啊 我也喜欢玩儿
Right,I also enjoy playing.

苏珊阿姨 你喜欢玩游戏吗
Auntie Susan, do you like playing games?

我非常喜欢
Very much so.

那咱们俩一会儿去玩儿吧
Let’s go play together in a moment.

好啊好啊
Okay.

苏珊
Susan.

咱们的任务是让乐乐写作业
our task is to make sure Le Le does his homework.

对 乐乐喜欢玩儿游戏嘛
Yeah, but Le Le just loves play.

那你也太过分了
You’ve gone too far.

咱们得让他好好学习
We should ensure he does well in his schoolwork.

我错了吗
Am I wrong?

对 你也像个小孩
Yes. You also behave like a child.

我不干 算了吧
I’ll give it up. Forget it.

你怎么说罢工就罢工了呢
Why, you can’t go on strike the moment you said you would.

我想起做饭的事儿
It occurred to me to cook.

对呀 咱们还没做饭呢
Right,we haven’t cooked yet.

所以我去做饭 你看着孩子
So I’m going to cook and you have to take care of the kid.

苏珊阿姨 你什么时候陪我玩儿游戏呀
Auntie Susan, when should we play?

乐乐 这个问题 不好回答
Le Le, this question is hard for me to answer.

什么时候写完作业
You’ll be able to play games whenever

什么时候就能玩游戏了
you finish your homework.

那没吃饭怎么写作业呢
How can I do my homework if I don’t eat my meal?

那饭还没做好呢嘛
The meal hasn’t been fully cooked yet.

趁饭没做好
Let me play the game for a while since

我先玩儿游戏
the meal is still being cooked!

哎 回来
Oh, come back!

趁饭没做好 先把作业写了
Do your homework first while the meal is being cooked.

哎呦喂 本来以为爷爷奶奶走以后
Oh, originally I thought after Grandpa and Granny were gone,

我就自由了
I would be free.

没想到 你们两个比他们管的还严哪
I didn’t expect you are even stricter than they are.

现在知道我的厉害了吧
Now you know how stern I am?

苏珊阿姨是个好人
Auntie is kind-hearted.

我让她评评理
I want her to judge who is right.

***

Ni xihuan wan youxi ma?
你 喜欢 玩 游戏 吗?

你喜欢玩游戏吗?
Do you like playing games?

在汉语中 询问别人的爱好时
In Chinese, the usual form of asking

常用的一种说法是
about someone’s hobbies is:

“你喜欢+做某事+吗”
“Ni xihuan” + specific action +”ma?”

比如 你喜欢玩游戏吗
eg: Do you like playing games?

明天咱们去打网球吧
How about playing tennis tomorrow?

好啊 什么时候
Good. What time?

咱们早点儿去吧
We’d better get there earlier,

去晚了人就多了
or else there’ll be more people.

小伟 你喜欢打网球吗
Xiaowei, do you like playing tennis?

跟我们一起去吧
Would you like to go with us?


Me?

小伟周末喜欢睡懒觉
Xiaowei enjoys sleeping in on weekends.

他得睡到中午才起床呢
He wouldn’t get up until noon.

嘿 你可真了解我
Hey, you know me so well!

麦苗 你喜欢跳舞吗
Mai Miao, do you like dancing?

不太喜欢
No very much.

看电影呢
What about movies?

一般
Just so-so.

喜欢逛街吗
Do you like window-shopping?

我最喜欢逛街了
I like window-shopping most.

那你什么时候逛街
When will you go?

我陪你去
I’d like to go with you.

你 算了吧
You? Forget it.

***

饱了 玩游戏去喽
I’m full and going to play the game now!

不行
No, you can’t!

饭后半个小时 不应该立刻写作业
No homework 30 minutes after the meal.

要消化消化才行
It’s digestion time.

那也不能玩儿游戏
Anyway, you can’t play games.

苏珊阿姨 您赞成我玩儿游戏吗
Auntie Susan, do you approve of me playing games?

不赞成
No, I don’t!

饭前饭后 态度变化太大了
Your attitude has changed so greatly after the meal.

我还可以变化得更厉害 让你怕我
And I can become even sterner to make you afraid of me.

我不信
I don’t believe it.

我是认真的
I’m serious!

我就是不信
I don’t believe it.

你跟我开玩笑呢吧
You’re joking with me.

苏珊
Susan,

苏珊 你忘了咱们的任务了
Susan, have you forgotten our task?

咱们是要让乐乐好好学习
We’re to make sure Le Le studies well.

这个呢我做不到
I can’t do it.

我可以带乐乐去玩儿
But I can take Le Le to play.

乐乐玩够了 就可以来学习了嘛
When Le Le has played enough, he’ll be back to study.

哎呀 他根本不会安排自己的时间
Oh, he simply doesn’t know how to organize his time.

你必须让他听你的安排
You must make him comply with your arrangements.

可他也没听你的安排
But he doesn’t comply with your arrangement either.

嘿 不许跟我争了
Hey, don’t argue with me.


Okay.

就听我的
Do whatever I ask you to.


Okay.

你们要是再争得话
If you continue to argue,

就没人管我喽
There’ll be no one to care about me.

你们是不是想合起伙来欺负我呀
Is it that the two of you are joining hands to abuse me?

我才不怕呢
But I am not afraid of it.

不是我的主意
It wasn’t my idea.

乐乐呀 既然你都听见了
Le Le, since you’ve heard everything,

那我也就不瞒你了
I won’t hide it from you.

今天 不管你找什么借口
Today, you may think up whatever excuse,

都得把作业给写完
you have to finish your homework.

作业很少
There isn’t much homework.

一会儿就能写完了
I can finish it in a short time.

那好吧 那现在去写作业吧
Okay, go do your homework now.

走喽
Let’s go.

哎 不对
Oh, no.

你们两个大人 欺负我一个小孩儿
You two adults treat a child like me so highhandedly

不公平
It’s unfair.

所以 从现在开始 我郑重的宣布
Now I solemnly declare that

不写了
I will not do my homework!

这孩子 我管不了啦
The naughty brat! I can’t do anything about him now.

我看电视去了
I’m going to watch TV.

投降一个
One has already surrendered.

苏珊阿姨 你呢
What about you, Auntie Susan?

我 我不投降
I won’t surrender!

好吧 那你就坚持到底吧
Okay, just hold on to the end.

我玩儿游戏喽
I’m going to play now.

我 我也去玩儿游戏
Me, too.

往这边 往这边
This side, this side!

干嘛往那边呀你
Why that side?

往这边走嘛
This side!

这边这边这边
This side, this side!

唉 给我
Oh, give it to me!

苏珊 苏珊 苏珊
Susan, Susan, Susan!

停 停
Stop it!

我不能停 我在忙
No, I can’t stop. I’m busy.

来 乐乐你玩儿
Come. Enjoy your play, Le Le.

你在干什么呢
What are you doing?

对对 加油 加油
Yeah,go! Go!

加油 五折
Go! 50% off!

五折
50% off?

商场里所有的东西都打五折
All the merchandise selling 50% off.

真的
Really?

机不可失
We can’t lose this opportunity.

太好了
Great!

我们快走吧
Let’s go quickly.

走走走
Let’s go.

那乐乐怎么办呢
What about Le Le?

乐乐 乐乐
Le Le? Le Le?

我让小勇照顾乐乐
I’ll aske Xiaoyong to look after him.

太好了
That’s great!


Let’s go.

去商场买衣服 你们算是找对人了
Shopping for clothes? You’ve found the right person.

我就愿意逛商场
I just love shopping.

男人也爱管商场吗
A man who loves shopping?

尤其是陪二位美女 我更愿意
Yes, I’m particularly happy to accompany you two beauties.

很抱歉 我今天有更重要的事情
I’m sorry, I’ve got something ten times as important

比逛商场重要十倍
as shopping.

这可是你表现的好机会
This is good opportunity for you to show off.

你愿不愿意帮忙
Are you willing to help?

当然愿意
Of course, I am.

一言为定
It’s a deal then?

说话算话
I’ll keep my word!

帮我们照看乐乐
Help us look after Le Le.

那你们呢
What about you?

当然是逛商场了
Of course, we’ll go shopping.

这样吧 带上乐乐
I suggest we take Le Le with us

咱们四个人一块去逛
and the four of us go shopping together.

人多热闹啊
The more people, the more fun it will be.

你不是刚答应了吗
Have you agreed?

不许赖皮
You mustn’t go back on your promise.

你要是不愿意帮忙
If you refuse to help me with this matter,

以后什么事儿都不找你了
I won’t have anything to do with you from now on.

可我没有照看小孩儿的经验哪
But I have no experience in taking care of children.

我们也没有啊
Neither do we have experience.

可是我们成功地照看了他两个小时
But we have been successfully looking after him for two hours.

我还做了一顿饭
And also cooked a meal.

相比较之下 你的任务就简单多了
In comparison, your task is a lot easier.

你只要让他把作业完成了就好
just asking him to complete his homework.

如果我完成任务了
If I fulfill my task,

二位下次再去逛商场 一定得带上我
you must let me know when you go shopping again.

这个没问题
No problem.

如果你任务完成得好
If you fulfill this task,

改天 我请你来家里吃饭
I’ll invite you to eat at my home some day.

真的吗
Really?

不就是让他写作业嘛 这也太容易了
Just tell him to do his homework, it’s so easy.

苏珊阿姨
Auntie Susan…

苏珊阿姨
Auntie Susan…

苏珊阿姨
Auntie Susan…

***

Wo rang xiaoyong zhaogu lele.
我 让 小勇 照顾 乐乐。

我让小勇照顾乐乐。
I’ll ask Xiaoyong to look after Le Le.

Wo qing ni chi fan.
我 请 你 吃 饭。

我请你吃饭。
I’d like to invite you to dinner.

在汉语中有一种句子
There is a kind of sentence pattern in Chinese,

它的谓语是由两个
Its predicate is formed by two

或者两个以上的动宾短语组成的
or over two verbal phrases.

其中的第一个动词常常是 请 让 叫 等等
The first verb is often “qing”, “rang”, “jiao”,etc.

整个句子表示”让某人做某事”的意思
This kind of sentence means to let someone do something.

啊 您写的字真漂亮
Wow, your handwriting is so beautiful!

你也喜欢书法
Do you also like calligraphy?

喜欢 可是我不会
Yes, but I don’t know how to do it.

我想请您教我 可以吗
Could you teach me, please?

没问题
No problem.

小伟 小勇让我给你这个
Xiaowei, Xiaoyong asked me give this to you.

什么呀 太好了
What? Wonderful!

是什么
What is it?

足球票
A soccer ticket!

***

我现在就是你的临时保姆
Now I’m your temporary child-care worker.

我说什么 你就要听什么
You must obey whatever I say to you.

你说对了我就听
I’ll obey what’s correct

你说不对我干吗要听你的
and not what’s incorrect.

我说的肯定是对的
What I say is always correct.

那可不一定
I doubt it.

老师有时候还说错呢
Even teachers make mistakes in what they say.

我不是老师
I’m not a teacher.

那我就更不应该听了呗
So I have more reasons not to listen to you.

你这孩子
You naughty brat!

怎么样 说不过我吧
Well, you can’t convince me.

我不跟你斗嘴
I won’t haggle with you over such trifles.

您困了
You’re sleepy.

没有
No.

赶紧写作业啊
Go do your homework now.

告诉你啊
Let me tell you.

先把游戏机收起来
First put away the game machine.

然后 写作业
Then do your homework.

我玩够了再写
I’ll do it when I have played enough.

写完了再玩儿
Play after you have finished your homework.

没过关 我没心思写
I’m in no mood to do it because I haven’t passed Game One yet.

哎呦 又失败了
Oh, I failed again.

有这么好玩儿吗
Is it so much fun?

您看看吧
Take a look at it.

您玩玩儿就知道了
You’ll know it isn’t if you play it yourself.

我困了 我睡会儿啊
I’m sleepy. I’ll sleep for a while.

先写作业
Do your homework first.

我眼睛都睁不开了
Now I can hardly open my eyes.

我怎么写呀
How can I write?

那好吧 只允许睡一个小时啊
Okay, sleep just for an hour.

半个小时就够
Half an hour is enough.

小勇
Xiaoyong!

乐乐
Le Le!

小勇
Xiaoyong!

怎么了
What is it?

乐乐呢
Where’s Le Le?

乐乐他 人呢
Where’s Le Le?

你把乐乐看哪儿去了
Where is Le Le? You’re supposed to look after him!

他明明睡着了
Obviously, he fell asleep just now.

那分明就是你睡着了
Obviously, you fell asleep!

好了 我们去找他吧
Well, let’s go find him.

乐乐 乐乐
Le Le! Le Le!

乐乐 乐乐
Le Le! Le Le!

你们还能干点什么啊
What else can you do?

Advertisements