Subtitles for Episode 16 – A Present for Le Le

千里送鹅毛
“A goose feather sent from a thousand li away…

送鹅毛 送鹅毛
a goose feather… a goose feather…”

一不留神就送了三根
Due to your carelessness, three feathers have already been sent.

我知道是一根
I know it should be only one.

“千里送鹅毛”然后是什么来着
“A feather sent from a thousand li away”, then what should follow?

你好好想想
Think hard about it.

昨天新教的
I taught you that just yesterday.

礼多人不怪
“No one would blame more gifts”?

拜托
Oh, I beg you…

乐乐 你有什么事要求我
Le Le, what do you beg me for?

没什么没什么 就是让你快点儿想
Nothing. I just want you to think quickly.

那你还用拜托啊 你用词不当
Then you don’t need to beg me. You misused the verb.

行 我​​投降 我投降
Okay, I surrender.

千里送鹅毛
“A goose feather sent from a thousand li away.

礼 礼轻情意重
though light as a gift, carries profound feelings.”

对了 very good
Yes, very good,

真是我的好学生
you’re a good student.

乐乐
Le Le.

干吗啊
Yes?

鹅毛是很轻
Goose feathers are surely light,

可是鸡毛呢 不是更轻吗
but a chicken feather is definitely even lighter.

我晕
I’m giddy!

乐乐
Le Le…

来人哪
Help! Help!

三 二 一
Three, two, one…

换条腿
Change your feet.

乐乐为了教我 他都累晕了
Le Le was so tired to teach me that he has fainted.

他是很好的一个老师
He is a very good teacher.

就是想逃跑
He wants to slip away.

他其实不想当你老师
Actually he doesn’t want to be your teacher.

就是想玩儿
He just wants to play.

小孩儿都喜欢玩儿
All kids like playing.

所以我要表示感动 向乐乐表示感动
So I want to express my being moved.

应该是表示感谢吧
You should say to express your gratitude.

啊 对呀 感谢
Oh, yes, gratutude.

我又说错了 对不起
I put it wrong again. I’m sorry.

没关系 我们已经习惯了
It doesn’t matter. We’re used to it already.

不过分不清感动和感谢
But being unable to tell “gandong” from “ganxie”

并不妨碍我成为中国通
won’t prevent me from becoming a Sinologue.

是是是
Yes, yes.

为了表示感谢
To express my gratitude,

我准备给乐乐送一件礼物
I’m planning to give Le Le a gift.

小事一桩 不用送什么礼物
A trifling matter doesn’t deserve a gift.

重的我肯定不送
I won’t give him something heavy

礼轻才情意重嘛
as only a light gift can carry profound feeling.

看来你已经深刻地了解了
You seem to have understood

“礼轻情意重”的真正含义
the true meaning of “li qing qingyi zhong”.

当然
Of course.

乒乓球这样的礼物 算轻的吗
Is a gift like ping-pong ball light enough?

看来还是没明白
It seems you still haven’t quite understood it.

这个“礼轻情意重”的“轻”啊
The “qing” in “li qing qingyi zhong”

不是轻重的轻
does not mean “light” in weight.

是 是 是什么来着
It means… means… how should I put it?

这么说吧
Let’s say,

一朵玫瑰花呢它就是轻的
a rose flower, which can be counted as something light,

一颗钻石它就是重的
whereas a diamond ring is considered heavy.


Yes.

哇 那么大的钻石
Wow, a diamond that big?

哎呀 不是 是
Oh, no, no… It is…

怎么说呢就是说呀一个笔记本算是轻的
Let me put it this way, a notebook is light,

但是一个笔记本电脑呢它就算是重的
but a notebook computer shoud be considered heavy.

笔记本电脑也有轻的
But a notebook computer is also very light,

最轻的才不到一千克
the lightest being barely one kilo.

反正这个“轻”呢它不是轻重的轻
Anyway, the “qing” here does not mean light in the sense of weight.

是不太贵重的意思
It means less expensive.


Yeah, exactly.

哦 我明白
Oh, now I’m clear.

就是买一个比较便宜的礼物
It means that you should buy a cheap gift.

但是代表你的情意很重哦
to represent your profound feelings.


Yes.

而且乐乐也要喜欢
And Le Le should also enjoy it.

这样他才能高兴
so that he’ll be very happy.


Right.

乐乐喜欢什么呢
What does Le Le like?

他喜欢的东西跟我小时候一样
The same as I l​​iked in my childhood.

是什么
What is it?

变形金钢
A transformer toy.


Oh!

一 二 三
One, two, three!

哇 变形金钢
Wow, a Transformer!

喜不喜欢
You like it?

喜欢
I do.

苏珊阿姨 你太好了
Auntie Susan, you’re so nice!

这个礼物有点轻
This gift is a bit light.

不轻不轻
No, not light.

可是我的情意很重很重
But my feelings are very weighty.

很重很重 比泰山还重
More weighty than Taishan Mountain!

好想很难知道泰山有多重吧
It seems hard to find out how weighty Taishan is.

咱们先玩大黄蜂吧
Let’s play the Bumblebee together!

大黄峰 变形
The Bumblebee Transformer!

苏珊阿姨 你学得真好
Auntie Susan, you imitated so well.

因为我也喜欢
Because I also like it.

我要把这件事情告诉我的同学
I’ll tell this to my classmates.

告诉他们
I’ll tell them

这是一个外国阿姨给我买的
a foreign auntie has given me this gift.

呀 嗨
Oh, opps!

我的脑袋
Oh, my head!

不好意思 我太激动了
I’m sorry, but I was too excited.

没关系
It doesn’t matter.

太可爱了
Oh, so lovely.

来来来 给你们吃东西
Come over here and eat.

进来
Come in.

坐那儿去
Sit there.

往那边坐
Sit over there.

乐乐 你干吗不高兴
Le Le, why are you looking so sad?

我的变形金钢
My Transformer!

坏了
Broken?

没收了
Confiscated.

谁干的
Who did it?

班主任
His schoolteacher.

为什么
Why?

这乐乐吧上课不好好听讲
He didn’t concentrate in class,

就知道低头玩变形金钢
dipping his head and playing Transformer.

你说你自己玩儿就完了吧
It’s barely excusable for him to play himself,

他还把变形金钢传给别的同学玩
but he passed it to his classmates behind, who played it, too.

一会儿把汽车变成汽车人
Turning a car into a car robot…

你说几个同学一块儿玩儿
Several students played it together.

一会儿工夫 一节课就过去了
Thus a whole class passed that way!

自己玩儿吧你还影响别的同学
You could play it yourself. But you affected other students.

太不像话了
You went too far!

乐乐 你怎么能上课玩变形金钢
Le Le, why did you play Transformer in class?

它就在我的书包里
It was right in my schoolbag,

我忍不住就想玩儿
and I couldn’t resist playing it.

那我跟你说过
I’ve told you

上学的时候不能带玩具
not to take any toy to school

你为什么非要带啊
Why did you take it to school!

不是我
Not me!

我早就跟你说过
I’ve long warned you

不许你给他买变形金钢
not to buy him a Transformer toy,

你就非得给他买
but you still did!

不是我
Not me!

那是谁给他买的
Who bought it?

苏珊阿姨
Auntie Susan.

我早就跟你说过
I’ve long warned…

有什么地方我做错了
Did I do something wrong?

哦 没错 没错
Oh, no.


Oh!

乐乐 你一个人在这里想什么呢
Le Le, what are you thinking alone here?

大黄蜂
I’m thinking of the Bumblebee.

哦 难道被老师没收了以后
Oh, is it true that after the teacher confiscated it,

就拿不回来
you can’t have it back?

嗯 除非考全班第一
Right, unless I get first place in class.

还能有一点希望
Only then there might be some hope.

好办法
It’s a good idea!

那就考全班第一喽
Try to get first place in class!

这事儿比登月球还难呢
It’d be more difficult than getting on the moon.

乐乐 你别伤心
Le Le, don’t be upset.

苏珊阿姨再给你买一个礼物
Auntie Susan will buy you another gift.

真的
Really?

但是你要答应我
But you must promise me

你上课的时候​​不许拿出来玩儿
not to take it out and play it in class.


Okay.

苏珊阿姨 你太伟大了
Auntie Susan, you’re just great!

***

Duìbùqǐ.
对不起。
Excuse me. / I’m sorry.

【对不起 不好意思】

如果你想表示道歉
The most frequent expression

最常用的说法是
in Chinese for apology is:

对不起或者不好意思
“Duibuqi” or “Bu haoyisi”.

【没关系 没什么】

对方可以回答
The other person may reply:

【没事儿】

没关系 没什么事儿
“Mei guanxi” or “Mei shenme” or “Meishir”

以表示谅解
to mean “It doesn’t matter.”

对不起 苏珊
I’m sorry, Susan.

我明天有事儿
I’m busy tomorrow;

不能陪你去图书城了
I can’t go with you to the Book City.

没关系 那我自己去
It doesn’t matter. I can go myself.

没关系 那我自己去
It doesn’t matter. I can go myself.

怎么坐车还记得吗
Do you still remember how to get there by bus?

不好意思 我忘了
I’m sorry, I forgot it.

你再说一遍
Could you please explain it again?

咱家还有牛奶吗
Do we still have milk at home?

再买一桶吧
We’d better buy another jug​​.

真对不起 你不要紧吧
I’m sorry! Are you okay?

没事儿 没事儿
It doesn’t matter.

***

苏珊 真的特别感谢你
Susan, we should really thank you.

可你真的不要给他再买什么东西
But you shouldn’t buy him anything again.

反正买什么都得让班主任老师给没收了
Anything you buy him will be confiscated by this teacher.

你的心意我领了
I thank you for your kindness.

你们觉得呢
What do the two of you think?

同意
I agree.

赞成
Me too!

可是 我都答应他了
But I’ve already promised him.

没关系
That doesn’t matter.

小孩儿嘛 过几天就忘了
As a kid, he’ll forget about it in a few days.

大人对孩子要讲信用
Adults should be honest to children!

答应的事情一定要做到
You should do anything you promised.

苏珊说得对
What Susan said is plausible.

大人对孩子最好的教育
The best method of education for children

那就是给孩子做一个好榜样
is set a good example to him.

对呀
Yeah.

你对他讲信用 他就会对你讲信用
If you’re honest to him, he’ll be honest to you, too.

你对他不讲信用
If you are not honest to him,

他以后也不会对你讲信用
he will not be honest to you either.

对对对 说得对
Yes, yes, you’re right.

不过这个孩子太贪玩了
But he spends too much time playing.

我刚给他买的文具盒他就给拆了
He dismantled the pencil box I just bought him.

刚给他买的橡皮
Hen can cut his eraser into pieces

他就切成五块变成五子棋了
and play five-in-a-row.

太聪明了
He is so bright!

这礼物还是可以送的
You can still give him a gift.

但是不能耽误学习
But it mustn’t affect his schoolwork.

对 有了
Eureka!

那就送一个能帮助他学习的礼物
I’ll give him a gift that will help him to learn!

苏珊阿姨你就给我吧
Aunt Susan, I beg you to give it to me.

不是擎天柱 也不是变形金钢
This is neither an Optimus Prime, nor a Transoformer.

可是我很喜欢 希望你也喜欢
But I like it and hope you’ll also like it.

只要是你喜欢的 我就喜欢
As long as you like it, I’ll like it too.

那不一定
That’s hardly the case.

本来想给你买一个更好玩儿的
Originally, I wanted to buy an even better one,

怕被老师没收
but I fear it might be confiscated by your teacher.

没关系
It doesn’t matter.

你要是给我买个游戏机
Even if you gave me a game machine,

我都不怕
it wouldn’t be confiscated.

我才不信
I don’t believe you.

我没有说谎
But I didn’t lie.

你说什么 我没听清
What did you say? I didn’t hear you clearly.

没关系
It doesn’t matter.

你赶紧把那礼物给我吧
Give me the gift, please.

就是这个
Here you are!

游戏机
A game machine!

学习机
A learning machine.

怎么了
What’s the matter?

很失望 是不是
Very disappointed, aren’t you?

不是
No.

你在说谎
You’re lying.

也许没有变形金钢好玩儿
Maybe, it isn’t as interesting as a Transformer.

没关系 我说过的
It doesn’t matter. As I said,

只要你喜欢 我就喜欢
as long as you like it, I’ll like it too.

赶快把它给我吧
Give it to me, please.

哎呀 太好了 太好了
Oh, it’s wonderful!

等等 我教你怎么用
Wait a minute. Let me teach you how to operate it.

不用不用 我会
You needn’t. I know.

***

【给果补语】

【完、见、开、成、到】

在汉语中一些动词如“完见开成到”等
In Chinese, some verbs such as “wan”, “jian”, “kai”, “cheng”, “dao”

【晚、错、对、好、清(楚)】

和一些形容词如“晚错对好清(楚)”等
and some adjectives such as “wan”, “cuo”, “dui”, “hao”, “qing(chu)”

放在动词后面 表示动作的结果
can be placed behind a verb to form a resultant complement

这就是结果补语
to express the result of an action.

【没(有)】

带结果补语的句子 表示否定意思时
“Mei(you)” is normally used for a negative sentence

一般用“没(有)”或“没”
with a resultant complement.

奶奶 饭做好了吗 我饿了
Granny, is the meal ready? I’m hungry.

马上就好 你先去洗手
It’ll be ready in no time. Go wash your hands.

奶奶 你看 手洗干净了
Granny, look, my hands are clean now.

那你去叫其他人
Call the others here.


Okay.

今天你去图书城坐车顺利吗
Did the bus take you to the Book City smoothly?

去的时候我坐错车了
I took a wrong bus when I left.

回来的时候很顺利
But I came back smoothly.

你怎么能坐错车呢
How could you take a wrong bus?

你不是已经告诉你好几遍了吗
Did I explain it to you a number of times?

我坐错方向了
I rode a bus which took a wrong direction.

哦 那买到你想要的书了吗
Oh. Did you buy the book you want?

买到了 我还买了两张DVD盘
Yes, I also bought two DVDs.

***

苏珊 这鱼可不能老喂
Susan, you can’t keep feeding the fish.

它可不知道饱
It doesn’t know when it has had enough.

再喂就撑死了
It will be stuffed to death if you continue to feed it.

哦 好的好的
Oh, okay.

我回来了
I’m back.

苏珊那个乐乐手里那游戏机挺好玩儿的
Susan, the game machine in Le Le’s hands is quite interesting.

你是在哪儿买的
Where did you buy it?


What?


Oh?

乐乐那游戏机不是你送的吗
Did you give Le Le a game machine?


What?


Oh?!

我买的是学习机 不是游戏机
I bought him a learning machine, not game machine.

肯定是游戏机 不是学习机
Obviously it’s a game machine, not at all a learning machine!

我还玩儿了呢
I even played with it.

进来
Come in.

坐沙发上去
Sit on the sofa.

往那边坐
Sit over there.

说 到底怎么回事儿
Tell me what this is all about.

不说清楚不许吃饭
You’ll not be allowed to eat dinner if you don’t explain it clearly!

乐乐 怎么回事儿啊
Le Le, what’s the matter?

又让老师给没收了
It was confiscated by the teacher again.

什么东西呀
What’s confiscated?

游戏机
A game machine!

我 我冤枉哪
You wronged me!

不怪苏珊阿姨
Don’t blame Auntie Susan.


What?

是我把学习机改成游戏机的
It’s me who turned the learning machine into a game machine.


Oh?

Advertisements