Subtitles for Episode 30 – Nameless Song (Part 2)

帮帮忙
Do me a favor.

我实在是想不出那道菜的名字了
I just can’t think up a name for that dish.

取菜名很简单啊
Naming a dish? It’s easy!

那汤要是酸辣味就叫酸辣汤呗
If a soup is sour and spicy just call it Sour and Spicy Soup.

那汤什么味道啊
What does that soup taste like?

那个就是特别好喝的汤它鲜鲜美美香香滑滑
The soup is very tasty, very refreshing, and very savory.

那个小丸子吃在嘴里呀入口即化
And its tiny meatballs melt soon they enter your mouth.

那叫一个嫩
They are very tender.

小叔我饿了
Uncle, I’m hungry.

我也饿了
I’m also hungry.

哎让你们俩帮着想菜名呢
I’m asking you to help me name that dish.

菜名
A dish name?

想取菜名的话也可以但是必须得让我们尝尝那菜是什么味儿
If you want us to give a name to your dish, you must let us have a taste of that dish first.

没错儿
Absolutely!

好说不就是想让小勇请客嘛
It’s easy. You just want Xiaoyong to stand treat, right?

没问题我给他打电话
No problem, I can give him a call.

喂哎小勇在吗
Hello, is Xiaoyong there?

啊在睡觉呢都几点了还睡
Oh, he is sleeping. This is no time for sleep!

真懒惰
He is so lazy!

那麻烦你告诉他请他给我回个电话
Can I bother you to tell him to call me back?

啊麦苗给我来电话了
Oh, Mai Miao called me?

什么时候
What time did she call?

你打盹儿的时候
When you dozed off.

那你为什么不叫醒我
Why didn’t you wake me up?

打盹儿算什么呀
A doze isn’t something important.

就算打呼噜你也得叫醒我呀
Even if I was snoring, you should also wake me up.

是下次一定叫
Yes, I’ll do so next time.

那这次怎么办呢
What about this time?

完了麦苗肯定觉得我是个大懒虫
I’m done for! Mai Miao must think I am a lazybones.

小伟一定是麦苗让你来的
Xiaowei, you must have been sent by Mai Miao.

我敢保证刚才麦苗给我打电话的时候我没睡觉
I can swear when Mai Miao called, I wasn’t sleeping.

肖静呢她几点过来
Where’s Xiao Jing? What time will she be here?

曲子有名字了
Had her tune got a name?

还没有呢
Not yet.

那你来干什么
Then what are you here for?

这不是饭店吗
Isn’t this a restaurant?

来吃饭还不行啊
Can’t I eat here?

哦点菜
Oh, order now/

等等等等谁说我来点菜的
Wait, wait. Who says I’ll order?

麦苗说了让你请客
Mai Miao said you’d stand treat.

让我请客是吧
She asked me to stand treat?

我给她打电话
Let me call her on the phone.

打呗
Go ahead.

占线
It’s busy.

苏珊麦苗来了吗
Susan, has Mai Miao arrived yet?

没有
No.

她让我来告诉你明天请客的事儿
She asked me to talk to you about the free meal you’re going to give tomorrow.

太好了
Great!

确定是明天没错儿吧
It’s set for tomorrow, right?

你怎么还不走
Why don’t you leave?

这肖静她到底几点来
What time does Xiao Jing comes to work?

等着给她录曲子呢
I’m waiting to record her music.


Huh!

需要我帮忙吗
Do you need my help?

不用麻烦了
No bother.

还是我自己来吧
Let me do it myself.

得找个隐秘点儿的地方不能暴露了身份
I have to find a covert place so as not to expose myself.

啊偷偷地录
Oh, you’re going to record on the quiet.


Hush!

哎你老在下面蹲着累不累啊
Hey, aren’t you tired after squatting down there for so long?

有点儿
Yes, a little bit.

那你起来帮我把酒拿下来
Stand up and help me take down that wine.

来了来了
Xiao Jing

人呢
Where’s she?

哦是麦苗电话来了说明天请客人数的事儿
Oh, I mean Xiao Jing called me, telling me about the number of people at the free meal tomorrow.

啊她不是一个人来呀
Oh, she wouldn’t come alone?

那可赔了
You’d suffer a loss.

小气鬼
You miser!

赶紧给肖静打电话问她什么时候到这儿
Hurry and call Xiao Jing to ask her what time she will be here.

哦好
Oh, okay.

占线
Busy

啊她不会不来了吧
Oh, is it possible she won’t come?

好像来了
It seems she has come.

好像没来
It seems she has come.

你别瞎咋呼行不行
All baloney!

长得差不多嘛
They look quite similar to each other.

差远了
They look far different

喂肖静
Hello, Xiao Jing

那个小伟让我问问你什么时候来
Xiaowei asked me to ask you when you’ll be here.

你怎么给说穿了
Why did you let the cat out of the bag?

你还让我怎么偷听啊
How could I listen to her music on the quiet?

啊好的好的
Oh, okay, okay.

你出卖我
You betrayed me

肖静说她今天不来了
Xiao Jing said she wouldn’t come today.

***

占线
zhanxian
The line is busy.

请他给我回个电话
qing ta gei wo hui ge dianhua
Please tell him to call me back.

用汉语打电话时常用的词语和句子有
When talking in Chinese on the phone, the common expressions include:

占线
The line is busy.

关机
His/her phone is switched off.

请问某人在吗
Excuse me, is so-and-so available?

麻烦你找一下某人
I’d like to talk to so-and-so.

麻烦你转告某人或请你转告某人
Please tell so-and-so…

请他给我回个电话或者让他给我回个电话
Please tell him to call me back.

***
肖静还没来
Has Xiao Jing arrived yet?

她不太舒服今天不来了
She is unwell today. She won’t come today.

我给她打个电话问候一下
Let me give her a call just to say hello.

对不起您所拨打的电话已关机
Sorry, the number you dialed has been switched off.

她关机了
She has switched off her phone.

你打她宿舍的电话试试
You may try her dormitory phone.

占线
Busy

那你给她发个短信吧
Send her a short message.

她开机就能看到你的问候了
She’ll see your hello message when she switches on her phone

***

你好请问李大伟在吗
Hello! Is Li Dawei in the office?

您稍等一下
Hold on

他在开会呢
He’s having a meeting right now.

那麻烦你转告他让他给我回个电话
Just tell me to call me back.

我是他爱人谢谢啊
I’m his wife. Thank you.

不客气
You’re welcome

***

来来来吃
Come on. Let’s eat.

唉本想跟麦苗一起吃情侣套餐
Oh, originally I expected it to be a romantic dinner with Mai Miao.

结果来了这么一大堆人添乱
But the result is a whole bunch of people coming to mess up

肖静怎么还不来呢
Why Xiao Jing hasn’t come?

肖静说她今天有事儿来不了了
Xiao Jing said she is tied up and wouldn’t come today.

啊又来不了了
Oh, she wouldn’t come again!

快点儿吃吃完了赶紧回家
Let’s eat quickly and we have to hurry home after the meal

白吃白喝的你急什么呀
It’s a free meal; What’s the rush?

麦苗慢点喝别烫着
Mai Miao, take your time. Be careful not to get scalded.

多喝点儿多喝点儿
Drink more if you like it.

太好喝了
It’s so delicious!

这个汤的味道太美妙了
The taste of this soup is so fantastic!

小伟怎么了
Xiaowei, what’s wrong?

没有胃口了
You have no appetite?

你明知道我是来录音的
You obviously know I came to record.

恰巧弹琴的人没来
The guzheng player happens not to be here.

他现在不光坐不住也吃不下
He not only can’t sit still but has no appetite

咱们赶紧吃咱们赶紧吃
Let’s eat quickly.

停慢点儿喝
Shut up. Let’s eat slowly.

刚才不还说快点儿的吗
But just now you asked us to eat quickly.

你今天不是说来不了了吗
Didn’t you say you couldn’t come today?

今天事情提早办完
I finished my personal matter early.

我就打车过来了
So I took a cab here.

今天这么热闹
It’s so hot today.

我们正商量事儿呢
We’re having a discussion here.

什么事儿啊
What is it about?

给这道菜起名字
It’s about giving this dish a name.

是让你起名字
I asked you to give it a name

没他们什么事儿
It has nothing to do with them.

吃这么多了名字想出来了吗
You’re eaten a lot. Have you thought up a name?

他俩喝得最多你问他俩
The two of them ate more than I did. Ask them about it.

我是小学生我不会起名
I’m a primary school student. I don’t know how to give a name.

我我也不行
I… I can’t either.

我还没喝出味道
I haven’t determined the taste yet.

我再喝一点儿
I need to eat more.

想不出名字没关系别在这儿碍事儿就行
It doesn’t matter if you can’t think up a name as long as you’re not a hindrance here.

回去吧你
You’d better go home now.

你有事儿啊那咱们就回去吧
You’re busy? We’re leaving now.

对对
Yeah

不不不麦苗你再坐一会儿
No,no, Mai Miao, you can sit here a bit longer.

我这事儿没办完呢
I haven’t finished doing that yet.

让我上哪儿去
Where do you want me to go?

你说什么
What did you say?

我是说这菜我吃得太快了没尝出来什么味儿
I said I ate the dish too quickly to realize what it tastes like.

为了你的新菜你让后厨再做一份去是吧
For the sake of your new dish, go ask you chef to cook another helping, okay?

去啊干吗呢去去去
Go, please go.

苏珊你快点儿去跟肖静说说你想听听她那个自己新作的曲子
Susan, hurry to tell Xiao Jing that you want to listen to her newly composed tune.

我这边准备录下来
I’d like to record it here.

好的
Okay.

妈怎么样你有没有灵感
Mom, are you having any inspiration?

哎呀没有灵感
Oh, no inspiration.

怎么也找不着
I can’t find it.

您别没有灵感那
You can’t say you have no inspiration

这我都已经答应肖静了
I have already promised Xiao Jing.

我明天一早就给她回信息
I have to give her a reply tomorrow morning.

说实在的给古筝曲起名有点太难为你妈了虽说你妈当年就是当过几年音乐老师
To be honest, it is a bit difficult for your mom to name a guzheng tune, though your mom worked as a music teacher for a several years.

可是在学校教学的时候不是弹钢琴就是脚踩风琴
When she was teaching at school then, she merely used either a piano or an organ.

这一个西洋乐一个民乐隔行如隔山嘛
Western music and Chinese music are different. Difference in profession makes one feel worlds apart.

这隔着山呢您不早点儿跟我说
“Worlds apart”? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?

我这白浪费我两天时间
My two days’ efforts went in vain.

还白吃人家小勇两顿饭
And I have eaten two of Xiaoyong’s meals for free.

这吃不要紧吃出麻烦来了
Eating is no big deal, but it has caused trouble.

我不给他那个菜起名啊他就缠着我不放
If I didn’t gave a name to his dish, he’d keep pestering me

哎呀爷爷没水了
Oh, Grandpa, our water has run out.

不可能啊
It’s impossible.

昨天晚上我刚换的一桶
I just put on a new bottle of water last night.

都被我和乐乐喝光了
It has been emptied by me and Le Le.

对啊我和苏珊阿姨在那个饭馆里喝汤太多了
Yes. I and Aunt Susan ate too much of that soup at the restaurant.

一直想喝水
I always want to drink water.

对呀 我昨天喝完那个汤以后 也想喝水
Yes, after eating that soup yesterday, I also want to drink water.

看来都一毛病
it seems the two of you have the same problem

汤太咸
The soup was too salty

我知道应该跟小勇怎么说了
Now I know to reply to Xiaoyong.

赶紧 给他打个电话
Hurry to give him a call.

喂 喂 你好 找一下小勇
Hello, I’d like to talk to Xiaoyong.

什么 他正在睡觉呢
What? He is sleeping?

又在睡觉
He’s sleeping again?

喂 我是麦苗
Hello, I’m Mai Miao.

请你们老板赶紧到我家一下
Tell your boss to come to my home.

对 我有事儿找他
Yes, I have something to tell him

***

我们正商量事儿呢
wo men zheng shang liang shir ne
We’re in a discussion right now.

他正在睡觉呢
ta zheng zai shui jiao ne
He is sleeping right now.

动词前边加上”正” “在” “正在” 或句尾加上”呢” 表示动作正在进行
“Zheng”, “zai”, or “zhangzai” placed before a verb, or “ne” placed at the end of the sentence expresses an ongoing action at the current moment.

”正” “在” “正在” 可以和”呢” 同时使用
“Zheng”, “zai”, or “zhangzai” can be used together with “ne”.

***

老李 到床上去睡吧
Lao Li, sleep on the bed.

嗯 你怎么给关了
Oh? Why did you switch it off?

我正在看呢
I was just watching it.

你哪儿是正在看呀
You were not watching.

我过来的时候 你正在打呼噜呢
When I came over, you were just snoring.

我没打呼噜
I didn’t snore

不信你问麦苗
Ask Mai Miao if you don’t believe me.

***

小伟 好久不见
Xiaowei, long time no see.

好久不见 你还好吗
Long time no see. How are you?

最近忙什么呢
What have you been busy with?

唉 别提了 我辞职了
Oh, you’d better not mention it. I quit my job.

现在正在找工作呢
I’m looking for a job right now.

找到了吗
Have you found one?

还没呢
Not yet

小伟 你认识的人多
Xiaowei, you know more people than I do.

也麻烦你帮我打听着点儿 看看哪儿有适合我的工作
Could I trouble you to be watchful for me, and see if you can find any suitable job for me?

好的 包在我身上
Okay, leave it all to me.

***

哎呀 你那道汤菜的名字 我实在是想不出来
Oh, I really can’t think up a name for your soup.

没关系 这不重要
It doesn’t matter. It is nothing important.

对 这不重要
Right, it isn’t important.

但是我的感觉很重要
But my feeling is important.

你对我有感觉了
You have a feeling for me?

哎呀 不是 不是对你有感觉
Oh, not a feeling for you.

是对菜
It’s about your dish.

这个菜的品质呢它是更重要的
The quality of your dish is very important.

你名字如果起得越好听 那顾客就会有越上当的感觉
The more attractive your dish name is, the more the customers would feel they are fooled.

所以这样子就会对你的餐馆有影响
So it would reflect badly on your restaurant.

明白了吗
Do you understand?

你的提醒太及时了
Your warning is so timely!

谢谢你啊麦苗
Thank you, Mai Miao

你这才是真心地帮我呀
This is a true help you gave me.

为了表示感谢 今晚我请你们全家到我哪儿吃饭
To express my thanks to you, I’ll invite everyone of your family to dinner at my place.

拜拜
Bye-bye

嘿 挑人家毛病还能白赚一顿饭
Hey, even nit-picking can earn a free meal!

不是挑毛病 是提到建议让对方变得更完美
I didn’t nit-pick. I merely gave him a suggestion so as to make him even perfect.

只要让对方觉得你的善意 他一定会欣然接受的
As long as he could realize my good intention, he would happily accept my suggestion.

对 我也试试
Yes, I’ll also give it a try.

各位品尝一下 我在麦苗指导下改良的汤
Welcome to taste the soup, which I’ve improved under Mai Miao’s guidance.

哎呀 味道好极了
Oh, it tastes so good!

小勇 我们可只管吃菜 只管和汤 不管取名
Xiaoyong, we’ve here only to eat the dishes and drink the soup, not to give it a name.

只要菜单品质好 没有好名字 照样受欢迎
As long as the quality of the dish is good, it can still win acclaim even though without a good name.

是麦苗启发了他
It was Mai Miao who had enlightened him.

我还启发了小伟呢
I also enlightened Xiaowei

哎 小伟呢
Oh, where’s Xiaowei?

他正在肖静那儿 卖弄专业网友的评论呢
He is now together with Xiao Jing, showing off his cyber-friends’ comments.

哎哟 他可别卖弄的过度 让人家误以为他是专家的话
Oh dear me, he shouldn’t show off too much, or other people might think he’s a real professional.

那可就坏了
That would be too bad

为什么
Why

看 肖静在让小伟弹琴
Look, Xiao Jing has let Xiaowei play the guzheng!

不好
Too bad!

什么不好
What is too bad?

Advertisements