Subtitles for Episode 40 – Le Le’s Birthday Party

乐乐 祝你生日快乐
Le Le, happy birthday to you!


Oh, dear.

要过生日的人 为什么不开心呢
On the eve of your birthday, why are you so sad?

我爷爷又在给我准备生日聚会呢
My grandpa is again preparing a birthday party for me.

那你应该高兴才对
You should be happy about it.

可那不是我想要的生日聚会
But that’s not the kind of birthday party I want.

那你想要的生日聚会是什么样子呢
What is the kind of birthday party you want?

我想要我的朋友都来参加
I want my friends to attend it.

让他们和我一起唱生日歌
I want them to sing Happy Birthday

吃生日蛋糕
and eat the birthday cake together with me.

太好了 过生日就应该这样子
Great! That’s the way a birthday should be celebrated.

可是爷爷会趁机会
But my grandpa wants to take this opportunity

把咱们家的亲戚都请来
to invite all our relatives here.

这样的话
Thus

就成了姑奶奶和舅奶奶的聚餐了
it will become a party with many of my grandaunts.

为什么 不是给你过生日吗
Why? It’s your birthday!

爷爷说呀
My grandpa said

奶奶们都在家里呆着闷得慌
my grandaunts are all lonely at home.

所以呢借这个机会
So he wants to take this opportunity

来咱们家热闹热闹
to let them have a good time together in my home.

估计他现在正打电话呢
I guess he is right now talking to them on the phone.

喂 乐乐的舅奶奶
Hello, good to talk to Le Le’s Jiu Nai Nai – grandaunt.

明天是乐乐的生日
Tomorrow is Le Le’s birthday.

您来 您一定要来 好
So you must come, okay?

乐乐 你为什么不把自己的计划说出来
Le Le, why don’t you tell them about your own plan?

可是怎么说呢
But how should I tell them?

乐乐的姨奶奶呀
Hello, Le Le’s Yi Nai Nai – grandaunt.

明天是乐乐的生日
Tomorrow is Le Le’s birthday.

很简单 你说 过生日
It’s simple. You just say that on your birthday,

我要和朋友 Happy
you want to be happy with your friends,

我不要老亲戚们聚会
and that you don’t want it to be a party with those old relatives.

可是这样爷爷会不高兴的
But this will make my grandpa unhappy.

喂 乐乐的姑奶奶呀
Hello, are you Le Le’s Gu Nai Nai – grandaunt?

明天是乐乐的生日
Tomorrow is Le Le’s birthday.

请您来 您来 一定要来
I’d like you to come here. You must come.

好 我们等您
Good. We’ll be waiting for you.

可是你要是不说
But if you don’t tell them,

爷爷就会请到很多很多的老亲戚
your grandpa will invite many of your old relatives here.

你这样就会过一个不Happy的生日
Thus you will not have a happy birthday.

你愿意这样子吗
Do you want your birthday spend this way?

我不愿意
No, I don’t.

对对对 明天 明天你早一点儿啊
Yes, yes, tomorrow. Come here early tomorrow.

一定来 好 那就明天见 再见
You must come. Good. See you tomorrow.

你们俩瞪我干什么
Why, the two of you staring at me like that?

爸 你这是在给乐乐过生日啊
Dad, are you doing this to celebrate Le Le’s birthday

还是请那些亲戚朋友们聚餐啊
or just to have a get-together with those of our relatives?

这不就是找个茬儿
I merely take this as an excuse

让老人们聚一块乐呵乐呵嘛
to arrange a get-together for the elders.

嗨 每年都这样
Hey, it’s like this every year.

老一套 没新意
The same old stuff, nothing new.

行了 行了 别给我捣乱了
Shut up! Don’t mess up things here.

你没看我这电话还没打完呢吗
Don’t you see I haven’t finished making my phone calls?

喂 是我 是我 对
Hello, it’s me. Yes.

明天呀是乐乐的生日
Tomorrow is Le Le’s birthday.

那你一定要跟爷爷说你的心里话
You must speak to your grandpa honestly.

来 我陪你去
Come on. Let me go with you.

那你一定要帮我
You must help me.

包在我身上 咱们俩谁跟谁呀
Leave it to me. We’re close friends.

姑奶奶 啊
Le Le’s Gu Nai Nai?

哦 我通知过了 刚
I’ve just talked to her.

对对对 瞧我这记性啊
Yes, yes. My failing memory!

好好好 明天见 明天见
Good, good. See you tomorrow.

苏珊阿姨 我爷爷每年都这样
Aunt Susan, my grandpa does this every year.

你看 他又弄错了是不是
Look, he made a mistake again.

乐乐 别再等了 马上行动
Le Le, don’t wait anymore. Act now.

祝你成功
I wish you success!

爷爷
Grandpa…

别捣乱 没看爷爷在打电话吗
Don’t mess up. Don’t you see I’m making phone calls?

你看 错了不是
You see, I made another mistake.

爷爷 我今年不想和老亲戚过生日了
Grandpa, I don’t want my birthday this year spent with our old relatives.


What?

每年不都是跟老亲戚们在一起过生日吗
We celebrate your birthday together with our old relatives every year.

今年也不能例外
This year can’t be an exception.

加油
Come on!

可是 可是今年
But this year,

我想按照自己的计划过生日
I want to spend my birthday according to my own plan.

你还有自己的计划
Do you have a plan of your own?

乐乐要把他的好朋友请来 开一个Party
Le Le wants to invite his good friends to have a party here.

我把老亲戚们请来 也是开个Party
I’m inviting our old relatives here also to have a party.

不都是热热闹闹地吃一顿嘛
Both are for the same purpose of eating together in a festive atmosphere.

乐乐 想吃什么
Le Le, what do you want to eat?

吃什么并不重要 重要的是气氛
What to eat isn’t important. What’s important is the atmosphere.

是不是 乐乐
Don’t you think so, Le Le?

气氛 把老亲戚们请来气氛会更好
The atmosphere of being with our old relatives would be even better.

乐乐 到时候你就听你就奶奶
Le Le, when the time come, you would hear your Jiu Nai Nai

讲你小时候的事啊
talk about your childhood.

不就是我做就奶奶上撒了泡尿嘛
Isn’t it that I sat on her lap and wetted her trousers?

这事儿都提了八百多遍了
This old story has been repeated over 800 times.

可是每一回都有它的心意呀
But each time, there is something new.

让老奶奶们看看
You should let these grandaunts see

当年我们尿炕的那个小孩
that this small child who used to wet the bed

现在又长大了一岁
has grown one year older.

舅舅 我认为生日聚会
Uncle, I think a birthday party

都是让好朋友来参加
should be attended by friends.

而亲戚是过节的时候才请来的客人
Relatives should be invited guests on festival occasions.

这有什么不一样
What’s the difference?

给孩子过生日
In celebrating a chiId’s birthday,

是不是应该更重视孩子的感受呢
don’t you think we should respect the child’s own feelings?

这个
Well…

作为爱孙子的爷爷
As the loving grandfather,

一定希望可爱的孙子生日快乐
you definitely hope that your grandson will spend his birthday happily.

可是爷爷的计划不能让孙子快乐
But your plan can’t make your grandson happy.

你就不能改一改老习惯
Can’t you change this old routine

让乐乐过一个属于自己的快乐的生日
so as to let Le Le spend a happy birthday of his own?

苏珊 你的意思我听明白了
Susan, I see what you mean.

可是乐乐这个生日 还得这么过
But Le Le’s birthday has to be spent as usual.

我已经通知过他们了
I have already notified them.

电话都打过了
I’ve told them about it on the phone.


Huh!

哎哎哎
Eh, eh, eh.

这怎么了这是
What’s wrong with him?

这孩子今天是怎么了
What’s happened to the kid?

越来越不开心
He is getting increasingly unhappy.

您还得什么思什么虑的吧
You’d better “si” what “lu”?

深思熟虑
“Shen si shu lu” – think carefully about it.

应该是“深刻反思”
You should say “shen ke fan si” deeply rethink about it.

嗯 嗯
Yes. What?

苏珊 你要是想让舅舅改变计划
Susan, making Uncle change his plans

比登天还难
would be more difficult than climbing the sky.

不行
We can’t allow this to happen.

我不能让乐乐过一个不开心的生日
We mustn’t let Le Le to spend an unhappy birthday.

那怎么办啊
What should we do then?

我倒是有一个想法
I’ve got an idea.

我跟你们说
Let me tell you.

***

当你要用汉语向别人表带你的祝福时
When you express your wishes to someone,

你可以用这样的句子
you may say:

比如 祝你成功
“I wish you success!”

祝你生日快乐
“I wish you a happy birthday!”

祝您将康长寿
“I wish you good health and longevity!”

祝你一切顺利 等等
“I wish you success in everything!”

爷爷 这是我们经理亲自为您做的菜
Grandpa, this is the dish our manager himself cooked for you.

好 我来尝尝我孙子做的菜
Okay, let me have a taste of the food my grandson cooked

看看他的手艺有没有进步
and see if he has made any progress in his skill.

嗯 味道不错
Um, tastes not bad.

爷爷
Grandpa,

这是我让他们特意给您做的寿桃
this is the longevity peach cake I asked them to make especially for you.

好好好 谢谢我的乖孙子
Good, good, thanks, my dear grandson!

爷爷 我敬您一杯酒
Grandpa, I’d like to propose a toast

祝您将康长寿
to your health and longevity!

谢谢 我也祝你生意兴隆
Thanks! I also wish you booming business!

各位 我先走了
Hello, everyone, I’ve got to go first.

再见
Bye now!

苏珊阿姨 你今天怎么走得这么早啊
Aunt Susan, why are you leaving so early today?

我今天有考试
I have a test today.

想早点儿去学校
I want to get to school earlier

再复习复习
so as to take another review of my old lessons.

您是不是有点儿紧张啊
Are you a bit nervous!

我不紧张
I’m not nervous.

我就是怕考不好
Only I’m afraid I might fail in the exam.

苏珊阿姨 祝你考试成功
Aunt Susan, I wish you success!

谢谢
Thank you.

***

你一定要把乐乐的生日聚会给办好
You must do a good job of arranging Le Le’s birthday party.

要做他最喜欢吃的菜
Cook him his favorite dishes

要买最好的冰激淋蛋糕
and buy him the best ice-cream cake.

哎哟 这得花多少钱呢
Oh, how much would this cost?

嗯 嘀咕什么呢
What are you murmuring about?

没什么 您接着吩咐
Nothing. Please go on instructing me.

就这样吧 那你开始准备把
That’s all. You may start making preparations.

放心吧 准保你满意
Rest assured you’ll be satisfied.

好 那我就先走了
Okay, I’ve got to go now.

等等 我还有话说呢
Wait a minute. I’ve something to talk to you.

那就快说
Speak up quick.

我和苏珊还得给乐乐买生日礼物去呢
I and Susan have to go and buy Le Le a birthday present.

麦苗 你看
Mai Miao, you see,

这次我要是把乐乐的生日Party给办好了
after I have done a good job of arranging Le Le’s birthday party,

那咱俩就不是外人了吧
the two of us should be no longer strangers to each other, right?

想什么呢你
What are you thinking about?

先把眼前的事儿办好了
Do the most urgent job well first.

要是出了差错 那你室温
If you make any mistake, I’ll hold you responsible.

瞧你说的 你交代的事儿
What are you talking about? That’s the job you assigned me.

我哪敢怠慢
I can’t afford to slacken off in my effort.

而且 而且我感觉
Besides, I’m feeling

你越来越喜欢我了
you’re getting more and more fond of me.

能给麦苗小姐效劳是我的荣幸
It’s my honor to be of any help for you, Miss Mai Miao.

哦 耶
Ouch!

***

越来越
“Yue lai yue”

表示程度随时间的推移而发生变化
means more and more with the passing of time.

“越来越”的后边常跟形容词
“Yue lai yue” is often followed by adjectives,

或者一些表示心理活动的动词
or psychological verbs.

比如”“越来越热”
e.g.: “hotter and hotter”,

“越来越年轻”
“younger and younger”,

“越来越喜欢”等等
“increasingly fond of”, etc.

老李 我觉得咱们乐乐越来越懂事了
Lao Li, I feel Le Le is growing increasingly sensible.

是啊
Yeah.

今天他看见我做完饭有点儿累
Today after he saw me look a bit tired after cooking the dinner,

就说要给我按摩
he said he wanted to give me a massage.

吃完饭 还要帮他妈妈刷碗
After dinner, he even wanted to help his mom to wash the dishes.


Oh.

我跟你说话呢
I’m talking to you.

你怎么声音越来越小啊
Why, your voice is becoming increasingly low.

哎哟 老李 你怎么睡着了
Oh, Lao Li, how come you’re falling asleep?

赶快上床睡去吧
Hurry and sleep on the bed.

爷爷 自从上次
Grandpa, since I saw

看了您制服那个喝醉酒的顾客以后
how you subdue that drunken customer,

我越来越喜欢中国的武术了
I’ve become increasingly fond of Chinese kung-fu,

也越来越佩服您了
and also increasingly admiring of you.

你喜欢中国的武术 这是好事
It’s good that you love Chinese kung-fu.

不过 不用佩服我
But you don’t have to admire me.

功夫比我强的人太多了
There are many people whose kung-fu skill is much better than mine.

爷爷 我觉得您是最棒的
Grandpa, I think yours is the best.

您就让我做您的徒弟吧
Accept me as your disciple.

***

腰果虾仁游来了
The Fried Shrimps with Cashew Nuts is swimming in.

可乐鸡翅飞来了
The Cola Chicken Wings is flying in.

看看
Look.

改游的都有回去
Let the swimmer swim away.

该非得也都飞回去
Let the flyer fly away.

哟 怎么了乐乐
Hey, what’s wrong with you, Le Le?

这些可都是平时你最爱吃的菜呀
These are all your favorite dishes.

乐乐 你看 今天这个生日Party
Le Le, look, today’s birthday party

是你麦苗姑姑特意嘱咐我准备的
has been arranged by me under the instruction of your Aunt Mai Miao.

你看 这布景 这灯光
Look, the setting, the lighting

还有这一大桌子宴席
and this big table of food

你这可是大腕级的待遇啊
can be had only by celebrities.

我要的不是这些
What I want are not these dishes.

我要的是我的朋友
What I want are my friends.

乐乐 别着急
Le Le, don’t worry.

你麦苗姑姑 苏珊阿姨 还有小伟叔叔
Your Aunt Mai Miao, Aunt Susan and Uncle Xiaowei

不是请他们去了嘛
all went out to invite them here.

一会儿就来
They’ll be here soon.

你在稍等一会儿
Just wait a little longer.

怎么还不来呀
Why haven’t they come yet?

来 来
They, they…

来了
They are coming?

来不了了
They can’t come now.

那我那些朋友们呢
Where are those of friends?

我们 他们
We… they…

我们挨家挨户都找了
We looked for them from house to house.

全都不在家
But none of them was home.

啊 那他们都去哪儿了
What? Where are they all gone?

别着急 别着急
Don’t worry, don’t worry.

小伟他那边也许请来几位
Xiaowei might have invited some here.

对对对
Yes indeed.

一个 一个
No. one… one…

你请来一个
You’ve invited one here?

一个也请不来了
No one is coming here.

啊 为什么呀
Ah, Why not?

全都让我老爸请到家里
My dad has invited all of them to my home

去给乐乐过生日了
to celebrate Le Le’s birthday.

我老爸做了一桌子的菜
My dad cooked a big table of dishes.

哎呀 太好了
Wow, great!

我要回家过生日
I want to go home for my birthday party.

慢点儿 慢点儿
Take it easy, take it easy.

哎 不对 不对
Oh, something wrong.

你爸爸不是很顽固的吗
Isn’t your dad very stubborn?

他是受你的启发
After your enlightenment,

所以呢他就决定
he decided

给乐乐过一个新颖的生日
to arrange a novel birthday party.

我明白了 舅舅是提前一步
Now I understand that Uncle took all of

把乐乐所有的小朋友都请到家里免去
Le Le’s little friends home ahead of us.

还向我们严格保密
And he even kept it a secret from us

要给乐乐一个大大的惊喜
in order to give Le Le a big surprise.

这老爷子的最可真够严的
The old man is so close-mouthed!

这么说 这是我的功劳
That is to say I should take the credit.

哦耶
Wow!

瞧把麦苗给乐得
Look, how happy Mai Miao is!

走 咱们回去给乐乐过生日
Come on. Let’s go back to celebrate Le Le’s birthday.


Great!

祝你生日快乐 祝你生日快乐
Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you.

祝你生日
Happy birthday…

全走了
All gone?

那我这桌子菜怎么办呢
What should I do about this table of food?

Advertisements