Subtitles for Episode 42 – Losing Weight


Oh!

怎么了
What’s the matter?

我又长了一斤半 一斤半
I’ve gained another 1.5 jin.

嗨 我还以为出了多大个事儿呢
Hey, I thought it was something more serious!

一斤半不算多
1.5 jin isn’t a lot.

运动运动就下去了
It will be gone if you do some exercise.

可是我量体重之前
But before I weighted myself,

我刚跑完1000米
I had just run 1000 meters.

那是不是因为你上次量体重的时候穿得少
Was it because you wore less clothing when you last weighed

这次穿得多呀
and you’re wearing more this time?

没了 为了准确
No! To be precise,

我穿着跟上次一模一样的衣服
I’m wearing the same clothes as I did last time.

我连袜子都换了跟上次一模一样的
I even changed into the same socks as I wore last time!

嗬 比科学实验还精确
Huh, even more precise than a scientific experiment!

可是实验的结果很让我伤心
But the result of the experiment saddens me so much.

我胖了
I’m getting fatter!

苏珊 你一点儿都不胖
Susan, you’re not at all fat.

我倒还觉得你瘦呢
On the contrary, I think you are a bit too thin.

太瘦不健康
Being too thin isn’t good for your health.

可是我不喜欢胖
But I don’t like to be fat.

我还是喜欢原来的我
I still prefer my original self.

哎呀 你只不过长了一斤半
Oh, you’re only 1.5 jin heavier then before.

根本看不出来
It’s hardly noticeable.

你还是原来的你
You’re still your original self.

可是我心里感觉到有变化
But I’m already feeling the change.

很胖 很笨重 你看
I’m very fat, very clumsy and heavy. Look.

我什至喘口气就是开始有点费劲
I even start to feel it a bit difficult to breathe.

得 还越说越有劲儿了
Hey, the more she talks, the more she has to talk about!

对 这孩子呀纯綷是心理作用
Right, the girl has some psychological problem.

哎呀 你呀就是去睡一觉
Oh, you should go and have a sleep

把那一斤半的事儿啊给忘了
so as to forget all about the weight of 1.5 jin.

我忘不了 也睡不着
I can’t forget it and can’t sleep either.

对 我要减肥
Yeah, I want to reduce my weight!

舅妈 从现在开始
Aunt, from now on,

每顿饭你都要做得难吃一点儿
you should make each meal distasteful,

越难吃越好
the more distasteful the better.

不好
It’s a bad idea!

我不同意
I don’t agree with you.

我们不要减肥
We’re not reducing weight!

那好吧 从现在开始
Okay, from now on,

每顿饭只吃两根胡梦卜
I’ll just eat two carrots each meal

直到减肥为止
until I’ve lost some weight.

你想变成兔子吗
Do you want to become a rabbit?

你这样节食减肥
Your weight-reducing method

我对你的健康很不放心
makes me worried about your health.

吃饭啦
Let’s eat!

乐乐 吃哪个
Le Le, which one do you want to eat?

好吃
It’s delicious!

多吃点儿菜
Eat more dishes.

麦苗 红烧鸡翅好吃吗
Mai Miao, are the braised chicken wings delicious?

好吃 你也来一个
Yes. You want one, too?

我不要不要 我减肥
No, I don’t. I’m on a diet.

那好吧
Okay.

乐乐 炒肉丝香吗
Le Le, is the fried shredded meat tasteful?

香 特别好吃 要不你也来点儿
Yes, very tasteful! Do you also want some?

我不要不要 我减肥
No, I don’t. I’m on a diet.

算了吧
Forget it.

忍不住了吧 吃一个吧
You can’t bear it any longer? Eat one!

我不吃不吃不吃 不要 减肥
No, I don’t. I don’t. I’m on a diet!

嗨 吃了这顿下顿再减吧
Hey, you can start reducing your weight after eating this meal.

不行 坚持不吃
No way. I won’t eat!

要不你闻闻
But you may just smell it as well.

你闻一闻你再吃胡梦卜 这更好吃
It’d be much better for you to smell it before you eat your carrots.

好主意
It’s a good idea.

来来来
Come on.

怎么样
What do you think?

还是胡梦卜味儿
It also smells of carrot!

苏珊 减肥最好的方法
Susan, the best method to reduce weight

就是依靠合理的饮食和运动
is to eat a rational diet and exercise.

我知道 等我减掉一斤半
I know. After I’ve lost 1.5 jin,

就恢复正常的饮食和运动
I’ll return to the normal diet and exercise.

我需要远离美食的诱惑
I need to keep away from the lure of delicious food.

再见
See you later.

我对苏珊真的很不放心
I’m really worried about Susan.

***

Wǒ duì nǐ de jiànkāng hěn bù fàngxīn.
我对你的健康很不放心。
I’m much concerned about your health.

Wǒ duì sūshān zhēn de hěn bù fàngxīn.
我对苏珊真的很不放心。
I just can’t feel assured about Susan.

【表示担心:对⋯⋯不放心】

在汉语中
In Chinese,

我们可以用“对⋯⋯不放心”
we may use the structure “duì … bù fàngxīn”

这样的结构来表示担心
to express our concern or worry.

比如 刚来北京的时候
“When I just came to Beijing,

妈妈对我特别不放心
my mom worried a lot about me.”

小伟 我想再借你的相机用一天
Xiaowei, I want to borrow your camera for another day.

可以吗
Is it okay?

你又要去郊游啊
Are you going on an outing again?

不是 我想拍几张好照片
No. I want to take a few nice pictures

参加我们学校组织的留学生摄影作品展
for the photography exhibition our school organized.

你用的时候一定要小心
You must be careful when you use it.

别弄坏了我的相机
Make sure not to damage my camera.

你就放心吧
Feel assured.

我对你还真是不放心
I just can’t feel assured about you.

老李 刚才你关窗户了没有
Lao Li, did you close the windows?

关了
Yes, I did.

煤气灶呢
What about the gas cooker?

也关了啊
I shut it off, too.

我怎么觉得你没关呢
How come I feel as if you didn’t?

你对我这么不放心
If you don’t trust me,

就回去检查一下吧
just go back to check it up.

***

饿了吧
Are you hungry?

吃吧 没人看见
Just eat. No one else is here to see you.

别误会
Don’t understand me.

我只是想看看它
I only want to look at it.

别解释了
Don’t explain.

我早就知道了 你坚持不了多久
I knew you wouldn’t last long.

哎呀 苏珊 别不好意思
Oh, Susan, don’t feel shy.

想吃就吃
Eat if you want.

什么你们觉得我是一个没有毅力的人吗
What? You all think I’m a person without willpower?

没那么严重
It isn’t that serious.

饿了就得吃嘛
Anyone who is hungry will eat.

这很正常 别不好意思
It’s normal. Don’t feel embarrassed.

可是我已经发誓
But I have sworn that

不恢复体重 我只能吃胡梦卜
before I retore my desired weight, I’ll eat only carrot.

可你这样下去
But if you go on like this,

身体会受不了的
your health will suffer.

不 我心里是有点儿受不了
No. I only suffer a bit psychologically.

尤其是好像还有人等着要看我的笑话
And in particular, someone seems to be waiting to see what a fool I am!

你是说我吗
Are you referring to me?

就是你
Exactly!

别误会
Don’t misunderstand me.

我也不希望你把自己饿坏了
I don’t hope you’d get sick fro starvation either.

再说减肥也没什么大不了的
Besides, weight reduction is no big deal.

你那发誓也没人会当真
No one takes your swearng seriously.

再说要我饿成那样
Furthermore, if I were as hungry as you are,

我早就吃了
I would have started eating long ago.

你听听 你是不是瞧不起我的毅力
You heard it? You’re underrating my willpower!

我我 这跟毅力有什么关系呀
I… is this relevant to someone’s willpower?

不管你怎么说 我要坚持下去
No matter what you say, I will stick it out.

小伟 如果你相信我的毅力
Xiaowei, if you trust my willpower,

你 你做我的节食监餐员怎么样
how about being my weight reduction supervisor?

啊 让我监督你节食啊
What? You want me to supervise your weight reudction?

我不干 你找麦苗
No, I won’t. You can ask Mai Miao for it.

你合适 你合适
You’re quite suitable for the job.

我不干 我不干
No, I won’t do it. I won’t do it.

那你就是瞧不起我的毅力
Then you’re underestimating my willpower!

我不是 我
No, I’m not.

那你就做我的监督员
Be my supervisor, then!

我不想
I don’t want the role.

那你就瞧不起我的毅力
It means you underestimate my willpower!

我 好吧
Okay, I accept it.

太好了 那我们做一个约定
Great! Let’s make a deal.

啊 约定
What? A deal?

嗯 这样 苏珊聘请李小伟先生
Yeah. The deal is: Susan invities Mr. Li Xiaowei

担任她的节食监督员
to be her weight reduction supervisor.

如果在一个星期之内
If within a week

苏珊减不到一斤半
Susan cannot lose 1.5 jin,

惩罚两百元
the punishment is 200 yuan.

那你肯定得挨罚
You’ll be punished for sure!

你别理解错
Don’t misinterpret it.

要罚的可是你
You’re the one to be punished!

啊 罚我
Ah? I’m to be punished?

你有意见吗
Do you have any objection?

你还是对我的毅力没有信心
You still have no confidence in my willpower?

我 那好吧
Okay, okay.

你放心
Rest assured,
监督先生 我不会让你被罚款
Mr. Supervisor, I won’t let you be punished.

谢谢
Thank you.

请你帮我把面包放到冰箱里吧
Please put the bread into the refrigerator.

哎呀 这个顽固的一斤半
Oh, what a stubborn 1.5 jin!

算了吧 我劝你别减肥了
Forget it. I suggest you stop reducing your weight.

我也不想当你的监督员了
And I don’t want to be your supervisor either.

怎么 你要给我两百块钱的罚款吗
What? You want to give me 200 yuan as the punishment?

行 我​​接受罚款
Okay, I agree to be punished.

小伟 你不要开玩笑
Xiaowei, you’re kidding me.

我不是为了要你的钱
I’m doing it not for your money.

我只是要让你帮我成功减肥
I only want you to help me reduce my weight successfully.

可是我不想干了
But I don’t want to do it.

我辞职还不可以了
Can I quit the job?

不可以啊
No, you can’t.

苏珊 赶紧吃点儿胡梦卜
Susan, eat some carrot quickly.

吃点儿东西 快点儿
Quick, eat something.

你先答应我再吃
You must promise me before I eat.

好 我答应你 答应你
Okay, I promise I’ll do the job.

小伟你真好
Xiaowei, you’re so kind.

我真的很想请你吃烤鸭
I really want to invite you to eat roast duck.

好啊 那咱们现在去吃吧
Okay, let’s go and eat right now.

等到我成功减肥再说吧
We’d better talk about it after I succeed in reducing my weight.


Hey!

把秤送到我的卧室里吧
Put the scales into my bedroom.


Okay.

***

Qǐng nǐ bāng wǒ bǎ miànbāo fàng dào bīngxiāng lǐ ba.
请你帮我把面包放到冰箱里吧。
Please put the bread into the refrigerator.

Bǎ chèng sòng dào wǒ de wòshì lǐ ba.
把秤送到我的卧室里吧。
Please bring the scales into my bedroom.

【“把”字句】

在汉语中 当我们要表达
In Chinese, when we want to say

通过动作使某个确定的事物到达某处时
to take something to someplace,

也必须使用“把”字句
we should also use the “bǎ” – sentence.

句子的结构是这样的
The sentence structure is as follows:

【主语+“把”+宾语+动词+到某处】

比如 小伟把秤送到了苏珊的卧室里了
EG: “Xiaowei took the scales into Susan’s bedroom.”

大伟 你明天是几点的飞机
Daiwei, what time is your flight tomorrow?

上午10时半的
10:30 am.

你们俩谁开车送大伟去机场
Which of you will drive Dawei to the airport?

我去吧
Let me go.

你明天不是有事吗
Don’t you have something deal with tomorrow?

我自己打车去就行 不用你送
I’ll take a cab there. You needn’t go.

没关系
It doesn’t matter.

我先把你送到机场
I can take you to the airport first

再去办我的事
before attending to my personal concerns.

这样最好
That’s the best method.

乐乐 你的房间太乱了
Le Le, your room is so messy!

该收舍一下了
You should tidy it up.

可是我不知道怎么收舍啊
But I don’t know how to tidy it up.

我来教你
Let me teach you.

你先把书放到书架上
First place the books on the bookshelf.

再把笔放到笔筒里
Then put the pens into the penholder.

放好了
I’ve put everything in order.

现在把衣服挂到衣柜里去
Now hang up your clothes in the wardrobe.

挂好了
I did it.

把游戏机收到抽屉里去
Put your game machine into the drawer.

可以了吧 我出去玩儿喽
Okay?
Now I can go out and play!

***


Wow!

怎么了 怎么了
What is it? What is it?

怎么了 手怎么了
What’s the matter with your hand?

五斤 我减掉了五斤
Five jin! I lost five jin!

五斤 短短一个星期你减掉了五斤
Five jin! You lost five jin just in a week?

是啊 连我自己都不敢相信
Yeah. Even I dare not believe it.

怎么不敢相信了
How could you dare not believe it?

这说明你很有毅力
It shows you have enough willpower.

也说明我这个监督员很负责任
It also shows that I’m a responsible supervisor.

为了表示感谢
To express my gratitude,

今天晚上请你吃烤鸭
I’ll invite you to eat roast duck tonight!


Good!

等着 我订位置去
Just wait. I’m going now to book the seats.

李小伟
Li Xiaowei?


Yes.

到底怎么回事儿啊
What is this all about?

什么怎么回事儿啊
What is this all about?

苏珊短短一个星期减掉五斤
Susan lost five jin in the short period of one week!

我不信
I just don’t believe it.

这说明人家苏珊很有毅力
It indicates Susan has the willpower.

也证明我这个监督员很负责任
It also proves that I’m a responsible supervisor.

不会是你在秤上做手脚了吧
Did you tamper with the scales?

怎么会呢
How could I do that?


Really?

嘘 怎么不会呢
Hush! How could I do that?

我一猜就是这样子
I guess you did.

你把苏珊给骗倒了
You fooled Susan!

我这是善意的谎言
It was merely a white lie.

要不 苏珊就真饿晕了
Otherwise, Susan would faint from hunger.

不错 你是那个既善良
Yes, you’re a both kindly

又聪明的减肥监督员
and clever weight reduction supervisor.

走 吃烤鸭去
Let’s go and eat roast duck!


Let’s go.

Advertisements