Subtitles for Episode 43 – Wintermelon Feast

那么多种萝卜
There are so many turnips here!

红萝卜
Are they red turnips?

不是这叫便萝卜
No, they are radishes.

便萝卜
Radishes.

绿萝卜
They are green radishes.

不是 这叫卫青
No, they are Weiqing turnips.

卫青
Weiqing turnips.

这个我知道
This I know.

红薯
Are they yams?

不是 哦 红薯也是它也是叫地瓜
No, oh yeah, also known as sweet potatoes.

地瓜 红薯
“Digua”, “hongshu”?


Wow!

哇 冬瓜王
Wow. what a king-sized winter melon!

呦 这是怎么了
Oh, what’s this?

干什么去了这是
What did you do?

累成这样
Why are you so tired?


Oh!

哪儿来这么大个冬瓜呀
Where did you get these huge winter melon?

好不容易才搬回家的
It wasn’t easy for us to carry it home.

费了九头水牛 两只老虎
To pass as much strength as nine buffaloes,

一只蛤蟆的力量
two tigers and a frog could give.

费尽九牛二虎之力就可以了
Just say “took the strength of nine bulls and two tigers”.

没蛤蟆什么事儿
There is nothing to do with the frog.

这么大一冬瓜呀
This winter melon is so huge.

咱得好好欣赏欣赏
We should take a good look at it.

乐乐 不过爷爷看呢
But, Le Le,I think no matter how unusual it is,

它再怎么欣赏还是个冬瓜
It’s still a winter melon.

你看看 多大 太帅了
Look, how big and how impressive it is!

夸谁长得帅呢 夸谁长得帅呢
Whom are praising?

是说我呢吗
Are you referring to me?

咱家来帅哥了 哪儿呢
A handsome, cool guy has come to our home? But where is he?

来一大帅哥
Yeah, handsome, cool guy!

就是它
It’s right here.


Oh!

啊 大冬瓜呀
Ah, a big winter melon!

冬瓜王
The king winter melon!

是冬瓜里的国王
It is the king of all winter melons.

这么大是可以当国王
It deserves to be a king thanks to its size.

这么大绿色一个国王也太大了
It deserves a title higher than the king thanks to its huge size!


Right.

要想吃掉这么大一个国王确实非常的困难
It would be really difficult to eat it all up.

肯定没问题 你们说呢
Absolutely no problem. What would you say?

就是 反正这个冬瓜也不会再长个儿
No. Anyway, it won’t grow anymore.

咱们就把它给切开
Let’s cut it up.

吃一块少一块 吃一块少一块
Eat one piece at a time,

吃一块少一块 吃一块少一块
Eat one piece at a time,

用不了几顿就吃完了
and it will be after a few meals.

别说是这么个水分大的瓜
It’s just a juicy gourd.

就算是块骨头
Even if it was a chunk of bone this size,

我们也能把它给啃了
The few of us could also gnaw all of the meat off it!

啃了
Gnaw it all off?


Yes.

看来咱俩保守了
We both may seem a bit conservative.

真是后生可畏呀
Surely the young ones deserve admiration?

菜好喽 开饭啦
The meal is ready.

冬瓜在向你们召唤
The winter melon is greeting you!

来啦来啦
We are coming.

呦 这看起来很养眼嘛
Oh, it looks so pleasing to the eye!

闻起来很清香嘛
It smells very refreshing and fragrant.

这都是大冬瓜变的吗
All this stuff came from that huge winter melon?

有炒冬瓜片 烩冬瓜丁
We have their stir fried winter melon slices, raised winter melon cubes,

拌冬瓜丝 蒸冬瓜条
Tossed winter melon slivers, steamed winter melon strips…

泰豪吃了 说什么 赶紧吃吧
It’s so delicious. Don’t talk, just eat.

瞧给乐乐馋得
Look, Le Le can’t hold back his appetite anymore.

等等
Wait.

我觉得要郑重宣布一下
I suppose someone should say something formally.

您说呢
Don’t you think so?


OK.

我郑重选择 首轮冬瓜宴正式启动
I announce the start of the first winter melon feast!

*******

Kending mei wenti, nimen shuo ne?
肯定没问题你们说呢
There can be no question about that, What would you say?

wo juede dei zhengzhong xuanbu yixia. Nin shu one?
我 觉得 得 郑重 宣布 一下。 您说你?
I think it necessary to make a formal statement. Don’t you think so

当要用汉语征求别人的意见时
When you ask Chinese about someone’s opinion,?

你还可以这样说
you can also?

就是在提出自己的想法或建议之后
add to your idea or suggestion?

加上这样的问句
such short interrogative sentence as:

你说呢 您说呢
“Ni shuo ne?”, ” Nin shuo ne?”

或 你们说呢
Or “Ni men shuo be?” (what would you say? Don’t you think so?)

怎么样 乐乐 合适吗
Well, Le Le, how does it fit you?

挺合适的
It fits me pretty well.

你再试一下这双
You may try on these pair as well.

松紧还可以 就是大了一点儿
Neither loose or tight, only a bit too big.

脚指头到这儿
My toes can only reach here.

你的脚长得很快
Your feet grow fast.

还是买这双大一点儿的好
It’d better to buy a bigger pair.

你说呢
Don’t you think so?

好吧
Okay.

听说小马快要结婚了
I heard Xiao Ma is getting married soon.

咱们应该送个礼物表示表示
We ought to give her some gift is a token of congratulations.

你们说呢
What would you guys say?

是啊 应该表示一下祝贺
Yeah, we should show our congratulations.

可是 送什么好呢
But what should we give her?

送一幅漂亮的画儿怎么样
How about a beautiful picture?

还是送一套精美的餐具更实用
It’d be more practical to give her a set of table service.

我想 咱们还是先问问小马
I think we better ask Xiao Ma first.

啊看她需要什么 咱们就准备什么礼物
We’d buy whatever she needs.

你们说呢
What would you say?

这个主意好
It’s a good idea!

*************

孩子们 开饭啦
Children, let’s start eating.

冬瓜在向你们召唤
The winter melon is greeting you!

冬瓜 老头儿 老太太也在向你们召唤
The winter melon and the old man and old woman are all great to you!

今天怎么不踊跃了
Why none you look very eager to eat?

又是冬瓜
It’s winter melon again.

都连着吃了好几天的冬瓜了
We have eaten it for several meals already!

怎么还没吃完呢
We haven’t finished it up yet?

这冬瓜呀可大了
The winter is really too big.

没有瓜瓤
Besides it doesn’t have much pulp.

全是瓜肉 可出数了
Most of it is flash, and eatable.

真不愧是冬瓜王啊
It deserves to be called King Winter melon.

苏珊 真让你买着了
Susan, it was sheer luck that you bought this winter melon.

这是表扬我吗
Are you praising me?

好了好了 大家趁热吃
Everybody, help yourself while it’s still warm.

今天的冬瓜格外鲜美
The winter melon today tastes particularly good.

那也是冬瓜呀
I protest! I want to eat meat!

我抗议 我要吃肉
There is meat in it.

有肉
Look.

为了不影响吃冬瓜
In order that everyone eats winter melon,

今天的丸子是有定额的
Each one has to gave a quota of meatballs?

每吃一碗冬瓜
Each one is given only one meatball after

只给一个丸子
Finishing one bowl of winter melon.


Ah?!

当然 苏珊是客人 可以特殊优待
Of course, our guest Susan is an exception.

我能吃几个丸子
How many meatballs can I eat?

他们每人一个 你可以吃两个
One for each of the, but you can have two.

你还是跟我们共患难吧
You’d better shell well and woe with us.

我也是这么想的
I think so, too.

把丸子放在盘子里吧
Put the meatballs in the plate and

先吃冬瓜
Eat the winter melon first.

我受不了啦
I can’t bear it any longer.

连续吃了几天的冬瓜宴
We’ve been eating winter melon for several days.

我连打嗝都是冬瓜味儿
Even my hiccups smell of winter melon.

你说呢
What do you see?

你也一样
Ha, you, too?

受不了啦 受不了啦 受不了啦
I can’t bear it.I can’t bear it.

我刚才去厨房侦查了一下
I just went to the kitchen for a reconnaissance.

结果发现了一大秘密
As a result, I discovered a big secret.

什么秘密
What secret?

我们下顿饭还得吃冬瓜
We’ll eat winter melon again for the next meal.


Ah!

我们费了半天的劲儿啊
We took a great effort to eat it,

也只能吃掉它冰山的一角
We could only eat of small corner of this huge iceberg.

还是我爸说的对啊
My dad was also right when he said to you,

苏珊 那冬瓜真让你给买着了
Susan, it was sheer luck that you bought the winter melon.

对不起啊 对不起
Sorry, I’m so sorry.

你可不许埋怨苏珊啊
Don’t blame Susan.

苏珊要知道有这结果
Had Susan known this is the result,

她绝对不会花重金把那个冬瓜给买回来的
She wouldn’t have bought it at a high price at all.

白给我都不要
I wouldn’t want it even if they gave it to me for free.

奶奶来啦 奶奶来啦
Granny is coming! Granny is coming!

你们几个赶快准备吃饭了
Get ready for the meal.

咱们隆重的下一轮的冬瓜宴马上开始
Our next ground winter melon feast is about to begin.

我抗议
I protest!

我也抗议
I also protest!

我代表我自己和苏珊
I also strongly protest on behalf

一起表示严重的抗议
of myself and Susan.

我抗议 我严重抗议
I also protest, strongly protest!

你抗议什么
What do you protest against?

抗议吃冬瓜
We protest against eating winter melon!

我们已经吃烦了
We’ve had enough of your winter melon.

你们吃冬瓜吃烦了
You all have had enough of eating?

我还做烦了呢
But I also have had enough of cooking winter melon.

我也抗议 我坚决不做冬瓜菜了
I also protest. I will never cook winter melon again.

妈 您坐这儿
Mom, sit here.

没想到 您跟我们站是是一边啊
Actually you are also on our side.

那这话就好说了
Then things will be a lot easier.

那咱们就别顿顿都吃冬瓜了
You’d better stop eating winter melon meal after meal.

让冬瓜休息休息吧
Let the winter melon take a rest for a couple of days.

苏珊 你说呢
Susan, what would you say?

是是是 让它休息两天
Yes, let it take a rest for a couple of days.

把冬瓜放在冰箱里吧
Put the winter melon in the refrigerator.

对 让冬瓜休息休息
Yes, let the winter melon take a rest.

呦 还真休息不着
But I can’t let it rest.

海米冬瓜 蘑菇冬瓜
I’ve got all the ingredients for shrimps and winter melon, mushrooms and winter melon,

茄子冬瓜的料我全都备齐了
eggplant and winter melon.

你们是不是想换换
If you want to eat something else,

对不起 自己想办法
Sorry, you have to work it out yourselves.

不行 我得想个辙
Sure, I have to find a way out.

**************

把丸子放在盘子里吧
Put the meatball in the plate, okay?

在汉语中 当我们要表达通过动作
In Chinese, when we want to say

使某个确定的事物置于某个地方时
to put something somewhere,

必须使用把字句
We must use the ” ba…”

句子的结构是这样的
sentence pattern.

比如 妈妈把冬瓜在冰箱里了
EG: Mom has put the winter melon in the refrigerator.

您好 我找王老师
Hi, I’m here for Prof. Wang.

她不在 您有什么事
She’s not here. What for?

我交作业
I want to turn in my homework.

哦 那你把作业本放在她的桌子上吧
Oh, just put your exercise book oh her desk.

好的 哪张是她的桌子
Okay. Which one is hers?

给我吧
Give it to me.

怎么没写姓名啊
Why didn’t you write your name on it?

不好意思
I’m sorry.

我把名字写在作业本里边了
I wrote it in the exercise book.

这次你去杭州
When you’re in Hangzhou this time,

有时候的话去看看我舅舅 舅妈
go take a look at my uncle and aunt if you have time.

我知道
I know.

我把他们的地址和电话
I wrote their address and phone number?

都写在你的那个电话本上了
both in your phonebook.

你把本子放在哪儿了
Where did you put my phone book?

放在你的行李箱里了
I put it in your suitcase.

*************

出去啊
Let’s get out.

站住
Stop!


Dad!

袋子里是什么
What’s in the bag?

冬瓜
Winter melon.

你是什么意思
What do you mean?

得 被当场抓获
Ha, caught red-handed!

看你儿子干的好事
Look, what a stupid thing your son is!

小伟 你要把这冬瓜送哪儿去呀
Xiao Wei, where are you going to take this winter melon?

楼门口啊
To the door way of the building.

楼门口
The door way of the building?

向右转
Then turn right.

向右转
Turn right.

墙根儿那儿
At the foot of the wall.

墙根儿那儿
At the foot of the wall.

这墙根儿是哪儿啊
What is at the foot of the wall?

垃圾箱
The garbage can.

哦 小伟
Oh, Xiaowei,

你这把好好的冬瓜扔垃圾箱干什么呀
Why do you want to throw away this very good winter melon?

不行 下一顿必须接着吃冬瓜
No way. We’ll continue to eat winter melon next meal.

还吃啊
Eat the stuff again?

再吃我就成冬瓜脑袋了
If I still eat it, my head will probably become a winter melon head!

废话
Nonsense!

这么大的一个冬瓜 一旦切开就搁不住
The winter melon, once cut open, won’t stay fresh for long.

必须要连着吃 不然的话就要烂掉
It will be rotten if we don’t eat it continuously.

所以就把它给扔掉吧
So we should throw it away.

对呀
Right.

省得我们还得继续吃
So that we don’t have to eat it continuously.

我妈还得继续做
And my mom doesn’t have to cook it again and again.

你这叫浪费
It’s a waste.

老头子 我跟你说
Old man, listen to me.

我忽然想起一个好主意来
I came up with a good idea.

咱们可以把这剩下的冬瓜
Let’s give the remaining part of the winter melon?

送到小勇的饭馆里头
to Xiaoyong’s restaurant.

这样 咱们就不用浪费冬瓜
This way, the water melon will not be waste,

而且 我们也不用痛苦了
and we won’t suffer either.

对呀 这是个好办法
Hey, it’s a good idea.

麦苗 亲爱的 你太聪明了
Dear Mai Miao, you’re so smart.

大家好
Hello, everyone!

好好好
Good, good.

麦苗 我来了
Mai Miao, I’m here.

你看我这发行怎么样
What do you think of my hair style?

闲话少说 赶紧拿走
Save the chitchat. Take it away immediately.


Sure.

冬瓜在里头吗?
In the winter melon inside?

那还用问啊
It’s needless to ask.

你没觉出里边的分量吗
Can’t you feel the weight?

这个分量对于我来说太轻
It’s so light for me.

你要不要再塞点儿别的东西
Maybe we should put something else in it.

赶紧走 赶紧走
You should better leave now.

谢谢
Thanks.

嗯 这个结果两全其美
The result serves two purposes.

为了感谢大家的冬瓜
To express my thanks for your winter melon,?

我请大家吃饺子
I’ll invite you all to eat jiaozi.


OK.

尊敬的大爷大妈
Dear uncle and auntie,

亲爱的中外朋友和小朋友
dear Chinese and foreign friends, and the little friend…

别说了
Stop talking.

我要吃饺子 吃饺子
I want to eat jiaozi.

赶紧把饺子上来
Be quick to serve us jiaozi.

大家的心情现在很急迫
We’re all eager for a change of taste.

别的话咱们待会儿再说
We’ll chat later.

饺子来了
Jiaozi is coming.

吃饺子
Eating jiaozi.

吃现成的什么都好
It’s so good to be served at the dinner table.

这饺子什么馅的呀
What kind of the filling is it?

冬瓜馅
Winter melon…

Advertisements