Subtitles for Episode 45 – Learning English (Part 2)

开始
Start

我用am 你用are
I am, You are

is连着他 她 它
He or she or it it’s.

我用am 你用are
I am, you are.

is连着他 她 它
He or she or it is.

大早晨起来的嚷嚷什么呢
What are you shouting, about in this early morning.

这是苏珊阿姨和小姑让我嚷嚷的
Susan and my aunt asked me to shout.

是苏珊让我带着他嚷嚷的
Susan asked me to shout with him

苏珊给乐乐制定了好几套学习方法
Susan has worked out several learning methods for Le Le

但是她呢中文不好
But as her Chinese isn’t so good.

怕有障碍
And she is afraid there might be a barrier between them.

所以让我当助教
She asked me to be her teaching assistant.

嗯 我们今天用的是嚷嚷记忆法
Yeah today we’re going to use the shouting memory method.

嚷嚷记忆法
The shouting memory method.

对 就是通过嚷嚷加深记忆
Yes it helps deepen your memory through shouting.

我是从古代叔叔那儿得来的灵感
I got the inspiration from an ancient uncle.

古代叔叔
An ancient “shushu”.

嗯哼
Uh huh

是古代私塾
An ancient”sishu”-private School.

这个苏珊看古装电视剧
When Susan watched an ancient drama on TV.

她觉得小朋友跟私塾先生
She found it quite effective for the children.

一起大声朗读效果非常好
To read aloud after the private school teacher.

就让乐乐呀照样去学
So she decided to let Le Le also learn this way.


yeah

这可不一样啊
But he did it quite differently.

乐乐刚才是吼
Le Le was simply roaring.

我觉得是跟东北虎学的
Just like a Siberian tiger.

反正效果非常的好
Anyway, it’s quite effective.

乐乐 回屋里去给大家汇报一下
Le Le, let’s move in and report your progress to us.

我有话跟大家说一下
And I also have something to say.

好好好 走走走
Okay, let’s go.

Ninety-nine one hundred
Ninety-nine one hundred.

太好了 儿子太棒了
Terrific, my son, you’re just great

乐乐真棒 这才多少天啊
Le Le. you are great, in just a few days

就从一数到一百了
you can count to

苏珊呀 你真行
Susan you’re great.

你是怎么做到的
How did you make it

我用歌谣让乐乐掌握了规律
I made Le Le grasp the rule through folk songs.

通过歌谣来学习 能扎实吗?
Could he learn solidly through folk songs.

嗯 没问题
Sure, no problem.

我这个问题我做过研究
I’ve done research on this question

麦苗 你来解释
Mai Miao.please explain it

是这么回事儿
Let me tell you what it is

这个语言啊
In learning a language

它是越练越熟
The more practice, the more proficiency you’ll get.

可有的时候 因为我们掌握的方法不当
But sometimes, Due to our inappropriate approach.

把简单的事情反而给搞复杂了
We may complicate things that are simple.

我同意 我和你们的意见一样
I agree with both of you.

大伟就是用错误的方法去教乐乐
Dawei taught Le Le with a wrong method

那个那个 我上班去了
Well I’m going to work now.

你们慢慢聊
Take your time and go on chatting.

乐乐 妈妈赶紧送你上学
Le Le, let me walk you to school.

要迟到了
You’re going to be late.

再见
See you later.

再见
See you later.

苏珊 我听这意思
Susan you Sound like

你还有更好的计划呀
You have an even better plan


Yes.

我们准备对乐乐进行第二教学方案
We plan to apply the second teaching plan to Le Le

你来给他们讲一讲
Can you tell them what it is.

苏珊的意思就是说呢
Susan means that.

应该让乐乐置身于真实的语言环境当中
We should put Le Le in a real language environment.

真是的语言环境
A real language environment.

我的意思是说
I mean

我们可以在这儿创造一个语言环境
we can create a language environment right here.

从我做起
Let’s start with me.

哦 好好好 你先慢慢做着
Oh.okay okay go on with what you are doing.

我去买早点
I have to go to buy our breakfast.

那我就去锻炼去了
Then I’m going out for my morning workout.

不能走
You can’t go.

不是没我们什么事儿吗
Is there anything to do with us.

从我做起 我的意思是说
When I said “let’s start with me” I meant

包括你们所有的我
We should start with all of us.

苏珊的意思是说呀
Susan means.

应该大家都参与进来
All of us should get involved.

从自我做起
Starting with everyone of us.

然后让乐乐置身于真是的语言环境当中
To put Le Le in a real language environment.

哎呀 这怎么可能呢
Oh how can that be possible.

你们年轻人还可以
You young people may do so.

我们俩 不行不行
The two of us just can’t.

那不是赶鸭子上架吗
You can’t drive a duck onto a perch.

这跟鸭子有什么关系
Does it have anything to do with a duck.

这赶鸭子上架呀是中国的一句俗语
“gan ya zi shangjia”is a Chinese saying.

常来比喻强迫别人
It metaphorically means to force someone.

做一些难以做到的事情
To do something very hot.

我还是买早点去吧
I’d still prefer to go buy our breakfast.

我去早锻炼了
And I’m going out to exercise

答应我才能走
You must say yes before you can go.

乐乐才七岁他都能做到
If the seven-year-old Le Le can do it.

我相信你们一定能做到
I’m sure you can also do it.

我同意 舅舅 舅妈
I agree uncle aunt.

奥运会那儿
During the Olympic games.

你们不是学过英语吗
Didn’t you learn some English.

而且说得挺好的呀
And you both spoke very well.

那是 那回一个外国人问道
Sure, one day, a foreigner asked me.

而且还是找厕所
Where a toilet was.

我就给他指去了
I directed him there.

那外语说得给人家憋得够呛
But that foreigner suffered a lot before he understood you.

那也行啊 试试吧
That’s okay, let’s give it a try.

试试
Let’s give it a try.

我们该怎么做
What should we do.

来 在三天之内
Come on within three days.

把这本《日常用于两百句》背会
You should learn “every day ” by heart.


Ah

***************
wo tongyi, wo he nimen de yijian yiyang.
我同意 我和你们的意见一样
I agree I agree with you all.

我同意或者
“wo tongyi “or

我和某人的意见或看法一样
“wo he ….de yijian /kanfa yiyang ”

是表示同意或赞成时说的话
Means you agree with someone.

相反我不同意或者
Conversely, “wo bu tongyi “or

我和某人的意见或看法不一样
“wo he …de yijiang kanfa buyiyang ”

是表示不统一或者反对时说的话
Means you disagree with someone.

爸爸 您看 这只小狗多可爱啊
Dad.look, how lovely this puppy is.

是啊 走 咱们进去看看
Yes let’s go and take a look inside.

哎 我有一个建议
Eh, I have a suggestion.

咱们家也养只狗 怎么样
How about also keeping a dog in our home.

太好了 我同意
Great I I agree.

我不同意
I don’t agree.

妈妈 您为什么不同意呀
Mom why don’t you agree.

我和你爸爸都忙
I and your dad are both busy.

没时间照顾小狗
And have no time to take care of a dog.

你们没时间 我有时间啊
You have no time but I have

我可以照顾小狗
I can take care of a puppy.

你 你还得我们照顾呢
You, we have to take care of you.

哎呦 累死我了
Oh I’m burnt-out.

啊 才十分钟啊
Oh only 10 minutes.

苏珊 我看你还是别练了
Susan I think you’d better stop practicing it.

你练了这么长时间
You’ve practiced it for such a long time.

才能坚持十分钟
But you could hold on for only 10 minutes.

这说明你不适合练武术
It shows you’re not suitable for wushu

小伟 我和你的看法不一样
Xiaowei, I disagree with you.

我认为“有志者,事竞成”
I believe nothing is impossible to a willing heart.

舅舅 我没听懂您的话
Uncle i don’t quite understand what you said.

您是觉得我行还是不行啊
Do you think i can make it or not.

我爸的意思是
My dad means that.

你坚持练
As long as you persist in practicing it.

就一定行
You can make it for sure.

****************

这是干吗
What are you doing.

这是我想的主意
This is my idea.

这样可以帮助大家记单词
It can help you memorize new words.

没错儿
Exactly.

我们管这叫学习中有生活
We call it life in learning.

生活中有学习
or learning in life.

这是好事儿啊 支持
This is good, I support it.

sofa 沙发
Sofa, “shafa”

支持 支持 拿鸡蛋
I also support it, I’ve to take out a few eggs.

等一下
Wait.

你先读出冰箱这个单词
First you have to say “bingxiang” in English.

我就让你拿鸡蛋
Before you can take out the eggs.

不行不行
No no.

我得拿鸡蛋 油都烧热着了
I have to get the ages now because the oil is burning.

那你赶紧读
Just say it quickly.

冰箱
Re re refrigerator

差得那么远
Not very good.

不过是第一次
But this is the first time.

下次不会那么轻易了哦
You must be more serious next time.

谢谢谢谢 油都着了 宝贝儿
Thanks thanks, the oil is burning, honey.

这个方法好 能督促你学习
This method is good it can compel you to learn.

你幸灾乐祸是不是
Don’t take pleasure in others’ Misfortune.

舅舅 舅舅
Uncle uncle.

读出卫生间这个单词 就让您进去
Say “weishengjian” in English and I’ll let you in.

啊 我没戴眼镜
Ah?I’m not wearing my glasses.

看不清楚
I can’t see it clearly.

去拿眼镜 我等着
Go get your glasses I’ll be waiting here.

啊可我很急呀
But I can barely hold on any longer.

能不能让我
Can you let me in now.

不行 我建议抓紧时间去拿眼镜
No, waste no time to get your glasses.

不然越磨蹭越难受
The longer you dawdle, the more you’ll suffer.

去厕所
To,, toilet.

重音位置不对
wrong stress.

老伴儿 教教我 教教我
Old woman came to my rescue.

我的看法跟苏珊一样
My view is the same as that of Susan

苏珊 这个重音的问题
Susan, as for the question of stress.

你就不要再这么认真了
You’d better not be so serious.

我确实
I really need.

不行 这样才能学好
No, only this way can you learn it well.

二位 能不能不让我戴这个呀
Is it possible for me not to wear this.

你说你配合点儿行不行
Can you cooperate with them.

必须贴着
You must wear it.

必须的
It’s necessary.

哎呀 背单词背得我头昏眼花的
Oh memorizing the new words has made me giddy.

哎呦 我也是啊
Oh, me too.

这个强度也太大了
It’s also very intensive.

哎呀 我怎么觉得这话像说给我听的呢
Hey, you sound like your remarks are aimed at me.

就是说给你听的
Yes they are aimed at you.

老伴 sit down
Old man sit down.

Please 麦苗啊
Please, Mai Miao

我们想请你跟苏珊说一下
We’d like you to ask Susan.

能不能让我们退出
Whether she can allow us to quit.

那可不行啊
That’s impossible.

苏珊从一开始就说了
Susan made it clear at the beginning.

谁也不能退出
That no one should quit.

这样会影响教学质量的
Because it will affect the teaching quality.

这个这个 我发表一下意见
Well well I’d like to tell you my opinion.

我总觉得吧 苏珊想法还是太简单了
I think Susan’s idea is too simple.

咱们全家人都管冰箱叫refrigerator
If everyone in our family calls”bingxiang”refrigerator

都管厕所叫toilet
And calls “cesuo” toilet.

咱们家乐乐英语成绩就能上去了
Will Le Le make a remarkable progress in his English.

我看不见得
I doubt that would happen.

我跟麦苗一样 都相信苏珊
Like Mai Miao I also trust Susan.

爸 妈 你们再坚持一下
Dad, mum, . hold on a bit longer.

这曙光就在前面啦
The dawning light is just ahead.

妈妈 我英语考90 分
Mom I got 90 in my English test.

啊 太棒了
Oh very good.

我看看 不错不错
Let me have a look, not bad not bad.

这提高了不少呢
This is remarkable progress.

90分
A score of 90.

太好了 太好了
Good good good.

儿子 都 90分了
Son, you’ve already got 90

再努努力 离100 就不远了
Make further efforts and you’ll get 100

累死我了
I’m burned-out.

**************
Wo de kanfa gen Sushan yiyang
我的看法跟苏珊一样
My opinion is the same as Susan’s

Wo gen Maimiao yiyang, dou xiangxin Sushan.
我跟麦苗一样都相信苏珊
I’m the same as Mai Miao, we both believe Susan

在汉语中A跟B一样
In Chinese, “A gen B yiyang”

或者A跟B不一样
Or”A gen B bu yiyang”

是用来比较事物形状等相同
Means A and B are the same.

或者不同的句式
Or different.

当一样的后面有形容词
When”yi yiyang “is followed by adjectives.

表示心理活动的动词
Or psychological verbs

或者一些动词短语时
or some verb phrases

则表示A在某一方面跟B一样
The sentence means A and B are the same.

或者不一样
or different in a certain respect.

爸 我回来了
Dad I’m back.

回来了 儿子
You’re back, son

爸 这次我去外地摄影
Dad, when i was taking pictures out of town this time.

看见了一个宝贝 就买回来了
I found a treasure, so I bought it.

您看 据说是清朝的
It’s said to be from the Qing Dynasty.

是吗 我怎么觉得不像呢
Really?somehow it doesn’t look like a genuine one.

什么 不可能
What?It’s impossible.

您看这个花瓶跟这上面一样
Look, this vase is the same as that in the picture.

哦 这儿 还有这儿跟这上面还真是一样的
Oh, here and also here they are indeed the same.

嘿嘿 我就说嘛
Hey,there you are.

阿姨好
Hello Aunt.

你好 你是乐乐的同学 小雪
Hi, Are you Le Le’s classmate XiaoXue?.

您怎么知道我的名字啊
How do you know my name.

乐乐常常说起你
Le Le often talks about you.

小雪你今年几岁了
Xiao Xue, how old are you.

小雪跟我一样大
Xiao Xue is as old as I am.

小雪 你也喜欢魔术啊
Xiao Xue, do you also like magic.

嗯 我跟乐乐一样 都喜欢魔术
Yeah, both Le Le and I love magic.

阿姨 您看 我给您变一个
Aunt, look, let me show you a trick.

********

乐乐
Le Le

呦苏珊 怎么了 那么着急
Oh Susan why are you looking so worried.

我得上课
I have to start class now.

可是找不到乐乐
But I can’t find Le Le

哪儿去了
Where is he.

我上去看看他在不在
Let me go upstairs to see if he is there.

乐乐
Le Le

乐乐 你在这儿干吗呢
Le Le, what are you doing here.

苏珊阿姨等你上课呢
Aunt Susan is waiting for you to start class.

我不想上课
I don’t want to attend her class.

今天我生病了
I’m sick.

呦 病了 生什么病啊
Oh you’re sick ?what’s your trouble.

腰椎间盘突出
I’m suffering from a slipped disk.

腰椎间 你什么症状啊
A slipped disk? what are the symptoms.

拉肚子
I’m having loose bowels.

乐乐 广告上学的病
Le Le, you learned the name of the sickness from ads.

来蒙爸爸是吧
To fool me, right.

你先把这病琢磨清楚了
First you should be clear about this sickness.

你这叫逃课知道吗
You’re playing truant, aren’t you.

老爸 救救我吧
Dad, help me, please.

行行行 好孩子
Okay okay, you are a good boy.

没事儿啊
It doesn’t matter, I’ll ask her to call you.

行了 好孩子 好孩子
All right, you’re a nice boy.

没事儿 没事儿了
It doesn’t matter.

没事了 好孩子
It’s all over, my good boy.

乐乐 说说你为什么逃课吧
Le Le, tell me why you played truant

我实在受不了了
I really can’t stand it any longer.


you

小雅 咱们家乐乐
Xiaoya our Le Le

不愿意被制造成语言天才
Doesn’t want to be made a linguistic genius

更不愿意失去同年的快乐 对吧
And is even more unwilling to lose his childhood happiness right.

我再也不想这样学英语了 下课
I don’t want to learn English this way any longer.


Class is over.

太棒了
Yes.

爸 妈 我正式宣布
Dad and mom I’d like to formally announce.

咱们家英语超级辅导结束
that our family’s super English coaching program has ended.

您二老还是说中国话吧
You’d better speak Chinese again.

明白
I’m clear.

好的
Okay

麦苗 我被学生开除了
Mai Miao, I’ve been discharged by my student.

没关系
It doesn’t matter.

这个乐乐的同学家长啊
After the parents of Le Le’s classmates heard that.

一听说乐乐的英语成绩提高了
Le Le has remarkably improved his English.

是因为有个洋家教
Just because he has a foreign tutor

全都要求扩大授课
They all requested that the tutor should also give lessons to their kids.

一大群人在咱家门口等着呢
A bunch of people are waiting at the door of our home.


Ah

Advertisements