Subtitles for Episode 50 – To Be Upset

真香啊
It’s so delicious!

请我们试吃新菜 加上这一脸的坏笑 有事儿 肯定有事儿
Letting us eat the new dish and putting on a sinister smile, you must want us to do you a favor!

嘿嘿 其实我就是想让你们帮我出出主意
Hey, actually I just want you to come you with some idea for me

说实话吗 这菜太油了
To tell the truth, the food is too oily.

不准攻击我的菜
You mustn’t criticize my dish!


Ah?

我说的是麦苗
I was referring to Mai Miao!

麦苗怎么了
What’s wrong with Mai Miao?

上次因为那个小帅哥的事儿 我把麦苗得罪了
Because of that good-looking young man, I offended Mai Miao.

到现在她还生我气呢
She is still angry with me

你应该送她小礼物 要一点一点地打动她
You should give her a small gift to move her bit by bit

要一点点地 攻击她的心理防线
You should, bit by bit, break through her psychological defense line.

女孩子的心思你不懂
You don’t understand the way girls think.

你懂
You understand?!

肖静的心理防线你攻得怎么样了
Have you broken through Xiao Jing’s psychological defense line?

肖静到现在还是不理他
Until now Xiao Jing still shuns him

这个不能着急
This isn’t something to be anxious about.

肖静脾气不好
Xiao Jing is ill-tempered

我现在采取的是以守为攻的战略
My tactic is to use defense as a mean of attack.

我倒是想攻 可麦苗不给我机会呀
I surely want to launch an offensive, but Mai Miao just won’t give me such a chance.

苏珊
Susan

你不是跟麦苗的关系最好嘛
Don’t you have the closest relationship with Mai Miao?


Yes

想办法给小勇创造一个机会
Do your best to create opportunity for Xiaoyong

怎么创造
How to create it?

就想办法把她劝到这里来 就用试吃新菜当借口
Do your best to persuade her to come here under the pretext of inviting her to try a new dish.

好啊
Okay

不过你得谢谢我啊
But you must thank me

谢谢你
I thank you indeed

这口头上的可不行
Only verbal thanks won’t do

得来点儿实际的
You have to do something substantial

嗯哼
Uh huh

苏珊 你要是真能把麦苗请来 我这个月给你发双倍奖金
Susan, if you can really invite Miao Miao here, I’ll give you a double bonus for this month

哎呀 我不去
Oh, I’m not going!

上次小勇也太过分了
Last time, Xiaoyong just went too far!

为了我 你就来吧
For my sake, please come with me

我都答应人家了
I’ve already promised him

好吧
Okay


Let’s go

麦苗 你终于来了
Mai Miao, you’ve finally come

还生气呢
Are you still angry?

快坐快坐快坐 快坐
Sit down, please. Sit down

马上请你尝我的新菜
I’m going to let you taste my new dish at once.

保持距离啊
Keep your distance!

跟他说 用不着献殷勤
Tell him he doesn’t have to curry favor with me

今天不管吃多少
No matter how much I eat today

我都自己付账
I’ll pay for it

麦苗说要自己付账
Mai Miao said she’d pay for the food

苗儿啊 麦苗 咱们两个之间不用算那么清楚
Mai Miao, Mai Miao, there is no need for clear account between us

今天这顿是我自愿请到
The meal today is my treat.

不收钱
It’s free of charge

新菜来了
The new dish is coming

赶快尝尝 看合不合胃口
Taste it quickly to see if you like it

帮我说好话
Put in a good word for me

没问题 请放心
No problem. Just rest assured

这菜也太油了吧
The dish is too oily

没错 你也觉得油吧
Exactly, you also think it’s oily?

我上次跟他提过意见 他都不高兴
When I gave him my opinion last time, he wasn’t so happy to hear it

现在咱们是二比一
But now we are two to one

你跟他说 得让他少数服从多数
You tell him the minority should be subordinate to the majority.

这道菜得改良
This dish needs improvement!

哎呀 你那么着急给我奖励
Oh, you’re so eager to award me

我都不好意思
I’m really embarrassed

你现在还好意思要奖励
Do you have the cheek to ask for a reward

我让你来是让你帮我说好话
I wanted you to put in a good word for me!

你呢引导她批评我的菜
But you led her to criticize my dish

哎呀 不好意思
Oh, I’m sorry

现在你用不着道歉
Now you don’t need to apologize

去问问她想吃什么
Go ask her what she wants to eat

我给她上
I’ll serve it to her

好啊 好啊 等会儿
Okay, okay. Wait a moment

麦苗
Mai Miao!

麦苗啊 麦苗
Mai Miao! Mai Miao!

麦苗说 刚才她吃的菜太油了
Mai Miao said the dish she just ate was too oily

麦苗啊
Mai Miao!

我还没说完
I haven’t finished my words yet

她要回去运动减肥
She was going back to reduce weight

用不着你请客
She didn’t need you to stand treat

我不要她的钱
I don’t need her money

***

你用不着道歉
Ni yong bu zhao dao qian
You don’t need to apologize

用不着你请客
Yong bu zhao ni qing ke
You don’t have to stand treat

在汉语中 “用不着” 可以用来表示没有必要
In Chinese, “yong bu zhao” can be used to mean it is unnecessary to do something

比如 你用不着道歉
For example: you don’t need to apologize

***

麦苗 周末去要去天津看朋友
Mai Miao, I’m going to see a friend in Tianjin at the weekend

你知道去天津坐什么车好
Do you know which train I should take to Tianjin?

最好是从北京南站坐火车去
You’d best take a train at the South Beijing Railway Station

需要提前买票吗
Do I have to buy the ticket in advance?

去天津的车特别多
There are many trains to Tianjin.

用不着提前买票
You don’t need to buy your ticket in advance

你到火车站现卖就可以
You can buy it at the railway station before you leave

***

下周我们要有一个考试
We’re going to have a test next week.

老师 考试难不难
Professor, is the test very hard?

每次考试我都紧张
I’m always nervous before a test

不难 都是我们上课复习过的
No, it’s not hard. It’s all we have reviewed in class
你们用不着紧张
You don’t need to be nervous

好了 下课吧
Okay, class is over

谢谢老师 周末愉快
Thank you professor, have a nice weekend!

祝大家周末愉快
A nice weekend to you all

***

你这马屁真是让你拍到马腿上了
You don’t know how to lick her shoes

人家麦苗参加 女子四十八公斤级的女子散打比赛
Mai Miao plans to participate in the women’s 48kg free-style kung-fu competition

现在重了三斤
Now she is three kilos overweight

正减肥呢
So right now she has been on a diet

你竟然给人家吃炖肉
To my surprise, you served stewed meat to her!

我不知道啊
I didn’t know that

所以啊 你得向我学习
So you should learn from me

不但要知道她喜欢什么 而且要知道她不喜欢什么
You should know not only what she likes, but also what she dislikes

肖静 你还生我气吗
Xiao Jing, are you still mad at me?

没错
Absolutely

我给你看样东西
Let me show you something

你一定会高兴的
It’ll definitely make you happy

什么
What is it?

像你一样温柔娴静的百合花
Lilies that are as gentle and refined as you are!

啊 我 我
Ah, I … I …

你看你高兴得都不知道说什么了
Look, you’re so happy that you’re at a loss for words

我对花粉过敏
I’m allergic to pollen!

你这儿有过敏药吗
Do you have any anti-allergy medicine here?

人都跑了
She has run out

你的百合花也没让人家笑啊
Your lilies didn’t make her smile at all

这是以为
It was an exception

那我呢
What about me?

你把你账本拿出来看一看 看看麦苗来这儿点的哪道菜最多 那就是她喜欢的
Take out you account book and check out the dish she has ordered most often, which is exactly what she likes best

麦苗下次再来 你就送她这道菜
When Mai Miao comes again, you just give her this dish

对啊
Right

苏珊 嗯 陪我去大吃一顿吧
Susan, come with me for a square meal

你不是在减肥吗
Aren’t you on a diet?

教练让我参加五十二公斤级的比赛
My coach asked me to take part in a 52kg competition

我现在需要增肥
Now I need to gain weight!

好 好
Okay

咱们去小勇餐馆吧
Let’s go to Xiaoyong’s restaurant

他那道油腻的大菜倒是有利于增肥
The oily dish of his is conducive to weight gain

走 走吧
Let’s go

我都快馋死了
I’m really desirous of nice food

你说我吃了这么多天的素 我见着大鱼大肉那么亲切
I’ve been vegetarian for so many days that now I find myself very attracted to fish and meat.

你说我今天点点什么呢
Tell me what I should order today?

小勇说 要给你一个惊喜
Xiaoyong said he’d give you a surprise


Oh

他一定像上次那样的送一盘油汪汪的荤菜来
Like last time, he’d serve you with a very oily dish!

又让他送 这不太好吧
Let him stand treat again? It isn’t appropriate.

没关系
It doesn’t matter

谁让他上次气得你冒烟呢
He was wrong to make you smoke last time!

那叫七窍生烟
You should say “qi qiao sheng yan”

对 七窍生烟
Yes, “qi qiao sheng yan” – made you fume

所以他应该向你赔罪
So he should apologize to you


Yes

那你的意思就是说 咱们只点素菜 荤的等他送
Do you mean we should only order vegetarian dishes and let him give us meat dishes as freebies?

嗯哼
Uh huh

欢迎光临
Welcome

我们要一个清炒油菜 要一个青菜豆腐砂锅
We’d like a stir-fried rapeseed oil and vegetable and tofu casserole

我点的可都是素的啊
All I ordered are vegetarian

荤的就等他送了
We wait for him to give us meat and fish free

等等
Wait a minute

她们都点什么了
What did they order?

清炒油菜 青菜豆腐砂锅
Stir-fried rapeseed oil and vegetable and tofu casserole

没错
Exactly

这阵子她点的都是这些素菜
She has always ordered these kinds of vegetarian dishes lately

我应该按小伟说的
I should take Xiaowei’s advice

投其所好 送个素菜 加一个西芹炒百合
To her liking, I’ll give her a vegetarian dish plus a stir-fried celery with lily free!


Good

我去
Let me do it

哇 好素啊
Wow, how vegetarian these dishes are!

你说他一会儿会送我们什么呢
What do you think he’ll give us as a freebie?

他拿手的糖醋排骨呢
Would he give us sweet and sour spare ribs that he is most skilled in?

他做的红烧肉也是很香的
His pork braised in brown sauce is also very delicious

一会儿用他送到菜 配上我们的素菜来解腻 真是一道完美的正餐哪
In a moment, his giveaway dish accompanied with our vegetarian dishes will make a perfect dinner

来了 来了
The food is coming!

哎呀 好期待呀
Oh, I just can’t wait!

这是老板送二位的菜
This is the dish my boss gave you free

请慢用
Please enjoy your food


What?

怎么一片绿啊
How come it’s all green?

红亮亮的红烧肉呢 油汪汪的糖醋排骨呢
Where are the crimson pork braised in brown sauce and the oily sweet and sour spare ribs?

这些都是乐乐给他的兔子准备的
These are the kind of food Le Le prepares for his rabbit!

这个小勇越来越小气
Xiaoyong has become increasingly stingy!

怎么样
How was the food?

麦苗今天很满意吧
Was Mai Miao satisfied today?

快说 她都这么夸我了
Tell me quickly how she praised me

麦苗说 这个小勇越来越小气呀
Mai Miao said Xiaoyong had become increasingly stingy.

这是夸我吗
Is this praise?

怎么又不对了
Did I do anything wrong again?

为了讨好她 我专门做了调查啊
To please her, I did some special research

不但支持她减肥 还送给她喜欢吃的素菜
I not only support her in reducing weight, but I also give her the right vegetarian dish she likes best

可是她现在不减肥了
But she is no longer in a diet

她要参加五十二公斤级的比赛
She is going to take part in a 52kg competition

不但不能减肥 而且还想增加体重
What she needs is not a weight loss, but a weight gain instead!

嗯哼
Uh huh!

这世界变化也太快了
The world is changing so fast!

***

追求女孩子, 不但要知道她喜欢什么 而且要知道她不喜欢什么
Zhui qiu nv hai zi, bud an yao zhi dao ta xi huan shen me, er qie yao zhi dao ta bu xi huan shen me
In chasing a girl, You have to know not only what she likes, but also what she dislikes

她不但不能减肥 而且还想增加体重
Ta bu dan bu neng jian fei, er qie hai xiang zeng jia ti zhong
Not only can’t she reduce her weight, but she even wants to increase her weight

“不但…… 而且……” 用来连接两个分句 表达一种递进的意义 也就是说 后一个分句所表示的意思 比前一个分局更进一步
“Bu dan…er qie…” is used to connect two clauses to express a further development in meaning in the second clause from what is stated in the first one

两个分句主语相同时 “不但” 在第一个分句主语的后边
If the two clauses have the same subject, “bu dan” is placed after the subject of the first clause.

两个分句主语不同时 “不但” 在第一分句的前边
If they have different subjects, “bu dan” is placed before the subject of the first clause

***

昨天你们的同学聚会怎么样啊
How was your alumni get-together yesterday?

非常好
Pretty good

我们请到了高三的班主任张老师
We even invited our senior high teacher Zhang there

一起吃了顿饭
We ate together

你们老师还认得你们吗
Could your teacher still recognize you?

认得 虽然我们都毕业二十多年了 可张老师不但记得我们的名字 而且还记得我们写过的作文呢
Yes. Though we’ve been graduated for over 20 years, Mr. Zhang can not only remember our names, but he even remembers our written compositions

真让人佩服
He is worth admiring

***

小伟 今天我在路上遇见了你的一个大学同学
Xiaowei, today I met one of your university classmates on the street

我只记得他姓顾
I only remember that his family name is Gu.

叫顾什么
What’s his full name?

我没想起来
I couldn’t call it to mind

哦 我知道了 顾长胜
Oh, I know it is Gu Changsheng

他当时是我们的班长
He was our class monitor then.

现在在一家外企工作
He is currently working with a foreign company

在外企工作 挺不错啊
It must be good to work with a foreign company.

收入还不错 可是非常辛苦
Good pay, but the work is very hard

听他说 不但平时要很晚才能回家 而且周末还常常加班
He said he not only gets home very late, but he has to work an extra shift even on weekends

这么说 还是你的工作好
It means your work is pretty good

那当然了
Of course!

***

我都快绝望了
I barely have any hope now

你一定要乐观
You must be optimistic

她变化太快
She is so capricious!

荤的不行 素的不行
Neither meat nor vegetables will please her.

那就给她准备半荤半素的
Then prepare a semi-meat and semi-veggie dish for her

怎么可能有嘛
There isn’t such a dish?

怎么可能没有
Of course, there is

海鲜
Seafood!

不行 万一又错了呢
No. what is I do it wrong again?

你要勇敢
You must be brave

加油 加油
Come on!

勇敢
Brave!

不行 万一又错了呢 她就更生气了
No. if, by any chance, I do it wrong again, she’ll get even more angry with me

她已经生气了
She is already very angry

麦苗看你进进出出 总是端着这一盘菜
Mai Miao saw you coming in and out of the room with a plate in your hand

还以为是没人吃的剩菜呢
She thought it was a plate of leftovers no one would eat

她不吃了
So she left without eating the food

别郁闷
Don’t be upset

女孩子都这样
All girls do things like this

她就是把折磨人哪当成是考验对方
They tend to torment men as a way to test their faithfulness

一定要接受住考验
You must stand the test

考验得我都晕了
But the test has got me quite confused

这样 我豁出去牺牲我自己 成全你一回
Well, I’m ready to sacrifice myself to help you succeed

你要牺牲
You want to sacrifice?

我是说 让小勇把以前的失误都算我头上
I mean to ascribe all of Xiaoyong’s mistakes to me

就说都怨我
Tell her I am to blame

哥们 我太感动了
My buddy, I’m so moved

这事儿要是办成了 我请你 菜单上的菜你随便点
If you succeed in doing this, you can eat any dishes you like on the menu free

苗儿 以前的种种失误 都是小伟的主意
Miao, all of my previous errors were the results of Xiaowei’s bad ideas

你听明白了吧
Do you understand?

你能原谅我吗
Can you forgive me?

嗯哼 我听明白了
Uh huh! I understand

连追女孩儿 都要听别人的意见
Even on the issue of courting a girl, you have to take others’ suggestions.

你 你真是个没主见的大傻瓜
You’re just a mindless idiot!

麦苗
Mai Miao!

我懒得理你
I’m tired of talking with you

老板 您的军师正等着您给他拿菜单呢
Boss, your advisor is waiting for you to give him the menu

拿菜单
Give him the menu?

给他上碗酸辣汤
Serve him with a sour and spicy soup!

Advertisements