Subtitles for Episode 51 – Close Friends (Part 1)

咱们就坐这儿吧
Let’s sit here


Okay

谢谢 我来点菜吧
Thanks. Let me order the dishes

好 今天我请你
Okay. Today I stand the treat

你喜欢吃什么 咱们就吃什么
We’ll eat whatever you like

要一个清蒸鱼 再要一个西湖牛肉羹
One steamed fish and one West Lake Beef Soup

我的牙
Oh, my tooth!

那俩人都来第三回啦
The two have been together for the third time

嗨 麦苗照顾咱生意
Hey, Mai Miao is very thoughtful about our business

老拉朋友来咱这儿消费
She always has friends consuming here

这是好事儿啊
It’s really something good

可那朋友是个男的
But that friend of hers is a man

男的 好啊
A man is good.

男的他比女的吃得多呀
Men eat more than women

麦苗为什么老请他
Why does Mai Miao always invite him to dinner

麦苗是不是喜欢他呀
Does Mai Miao like him?

我可是为你担心呀
I’m worrying about you

喜欢他 会是这样吗
Is it possible that she likes him?

不喜欢他 怎么老请他呢
If not, why does she always invite him to dinner?

怎么才能让麦苗喜欢我呢
How could I make Mai Miao like me?

这事儿你得自己想办法
You have to think up a method yourself

好 好 好 好好
Good, good. Okay.


Hey!


Hey!

先生 有什么要帮助吗
Sir, what can I do for you?

肖静 那位先生点的歌
Xiao Jing, that gentleman has requested a tune.

干什么
What’s the matter?

你为什么要帮他
Why did you help him?

我是故意不理他的
I deliberately left him alone

为什么
Why?

我是在帮你
I’m trying to help you

你知道这个人是来干什么的吗
Do you know what this man came here for?

干什么
What for?

他是为了肖静来的
He came for Xiao Jing

他连续来了三天
He has been here for three consecutive days

还要跟肖静比赛弹钢琴
And he even wants to compete with Xiao Jing in playing the guzheng.

肯定有问题
It definitely smells a rat!

不可能
It’s impossible.

肖静怎么可能喜欢一大叔呢
How could Xiao Jing like an older man?

成熟的男性是很有魅力的
Mature men are very appealing to girls

肖静看到他 她非常高兴
Xiao Jing is very pleased to see him

你要小心一点儿
You must be very careful

小伟啊 我郁闷哪
Xiaowei, I’m so depressed!

我也郁闷
So am I.

怎么才能不郁闷呢
How can we get rid of depression?

我哪知道啊
How can I know?

咱俩喝两盅吧
Let’s drink a couple of glasses

怎么会忘了轮抹呢
How could I forget the “lunmo” plucking technique?


Cheers

***

怎么才能让麦苗喜欢我呢 Zen me cai neng rang mai miao xi huan wo ne?
How could I make Mai Miao like me?

怎么才能不郁闷呢 Zen me cai neng bu yu men ne?
How to prevent depression?

在汉语中 我们可以用 “怎么才能……呢” 来询问要达到某个目的的方法
In Chinese, we may use “zen me cai neng… ne” to ask about the solution to a problem.

***

苏珊 怎么又不吃饭了
Susan, why don’t you eat dinner again?

我要重新开始减肥了
I’m going to reduce my weight again

得了吧 你前几天不吃
Forget it. You may not eat for the first few days.

后几天吃得更多
But a few days later, you’ll eat even more

那怎么办呀
What should I do?

我的漂亮裙子都不能穿了 因为肚子上的肉太多
My beautiful skirts are no longer suitable for me just because of the excessive flesh in my belly

那叫赘肉
It’s called superfluous fat

怎么才能减掉赘肉呢
How can I get rid of my superfluous fat?

你还是练仰卧起坐吧
You’d better practice sitting-up

一天三次 一次做一百个
Three times a day, 100 each time

天哪
Oh my goodness!

怎么还没练就晕了
How come you’ve fainted even before practicing it!

***

这怎么回事
What’s the matter?

刘雅 你来帮我一下
Liu Ya, come here, I need your help

妈 什么事儿
Mom, what’s it?

你帮我看看 这是什么
Look, what is this?

我怎么洗不掉呢
Why I can’t wash it off?

好像是沾上了果汁
It looks like the stain fruit juice.

怎么才能洗掉呢
How can I wash it off?

用一般的方法不行
It won’t do to use ordinary methods

我先上网给您查一查
Let me find it out on the internet.

***

我越想越生气
The more I think, the angrier I get.

我越想越难受
The more I think, the upset I get.


Cheers!

勇啊 伟啊
Yong. Wei.

她们可都是咱们心爱的人哪
They are both our sweethearts

难道咱们就这样眼睁睁 看她们被人夺走了
How could we helplessly watch them snatched away by someone else?

绝对不能
Absolutely not

勇 我帮你出个主意
Yong, I’ve come up with an idea for you

好办法
It’s a good idea

你要这么说的话
If that’s the case

我也帮你想个好办法
I’ve got an idea for you,too.


Good!

那个男人和肖静 接近的媒介是什么
What’s the medium through which that man gets close to Xiao Jing?

古筝啊
It’s the guzheng

我库房里有架备用琴
I’ve got a backup set in my storage room

很久没人用过了
It has been in disuse for a long time

玹都松了 音也不准
The strings are all loose and out of tune

你把这俩琴调换一下 让肖静今晚没法演奏
You just swap the two instruments so that Xiao Jing couldn’t play tonight

这男人自然就没借口再留在这儿了
Therefore that man would have no excuse to stay here.

谁呀 谁在这儿呢
Who is this here?

给他的那份饭里加料
Put some extra condiments into his food.

这是麦苗推荐的餐馆 他就得咬牙吃下去
As this is the restaurant Mai Miao recommended he would have to grit his teeth to eat it.

没错儿
Absolutely

等等 这是给麦苗他们那桌送到吗
Wait. Is this food for Mai Miao’s table.

记住了 这个汤盅一定要给那位男士
Remember you must give this cup of soup to that man

放心吧
Rest assured

老板 我忘了到底是哪一个了
Boss, I forgot which is which

明白了
Now I’m clear

打扰一下 给两位上菜
Excuse me. Here’s the food for you two

来 你先来
Come on, you take the food first

谢谢
Thank you

这是你的
This is yours

女士优先嘛
Ladies first

来 我来帮你
Come on, let me help you

闻起来不错
It smells good

你怎么还不走啊
Why don’t you leave?

你们都来了 一定要吃好啊
You’re both here. Enjoy your food

今天点这个汤了这是我孙子亲自研制出来的
The soup you ordered today is developed by my grandson himself

是吗
Really?

当然了 那味道啊
Of course, its taste…

你怎么了
What’s the matter?

爷爷 对不起对不起
Grandpa, I’m sorry

没事儿没事儿没事儿
It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter.

这个汤实在是太 太难喝了
The soup is so distasteful!

难喝 不可能吧
Distasteful! It’s impossible

我孙子新研制出来的
It’s been newly developed by my grandson

那味道啊 美极了
It tastes very delicious

你刚喝两口
You took only a couple of sips

你哪儿就尝出来了 是不是
You can’t fully enjoy the taste, right?

你再喝它一口
Take another sip

再喝它一两口吧
Take another couple of sips

来来来 试试
Come on and give it a try

怎么样 越喝越香吧
The more you drink, the more tasteful it is, right?

越喝越难喝
The more I drink the more distasteful it is

难喝 不可能的
Distasteful? It’s impossible

新研制出来的 它味道美极了
It’s been newly developed. It tastes delicious

不信您尝尝
You may taste it yourself if you don’t believe me

我尝尝也是这样不是
It’ll taste the same if you want me to taste it

我尝尝就尝尝
I’ll taste it for sure

你看 还是新研制出来的
Look, it’s been newly developed

特别的鲜 特别好喝
It’s very refreshing and very delectable

爷爷 爷爷
Grandpa! Grandpa!

小勇
Xiaoyong!


Yes?

你给我过来
Come over here

你尝尝 你尝尝这汤
You taste the soup yourself

我尝
Yes

你也喷了 好喝吗
You also spewed it. Is it tasteful?

我马上让厨师重做
I’ll ask the chef to cook it again

这孩子
What a spoilsport!

实在对不起 对不起
I’m terribly sorry. I’m so sorry

来来来 坐坐坐
Come on and sit down, please

各位朋友 今天桌子上这汤啊全部的免费
Dear friends, the soup on the table will all be served free

退掉
It’ll be replaced

***

我越想越生气 Wo yue xiang yue sheng qi
The more I thought , the more angry I got.

越喝越难喝 Yue he yue nan he
The more I’m drinking, the more bitter I feel

在汉语口语中 这种说法表示在程度上 B随着A的增加而增加
In spoken Chinese, “Yue A yue B” means that B intensities along with A

比如 风越刮越大了
E.g: “The wind becomes stronger and stronger”

***

麦苗 看什么书呢
Mai Miao, what book are you reading?

这么好笑
Is that so funny?
喏 就是这个
Oh, just this book

哦 这本书我看多一点儿
Oh, I’ve read some part of it

可是没觉得那么好笑啊
But I didn’t find anything that funny

你要是接着看 就会发现这本书越看越有意思
If you continues to read it, you’d find the more you read, the more interesting it would be

是吗 那等你看完了给我看看
Really? Then let me reas it after you’ve finished it

行啊
Okay

***

你怎么越走越慢了
Why, the more you walk, the slower you get.

我累了 得歇一会儿
I’m tired. I need a rest

哟 下雨了 咱们走吧
Oh, it’s raining. Let’s go

老李 这雨越下越大了
Lao Li, the rain is getting stronger and stronger.

前边有个亭子
There is a pavilion just ahead

咱们先到那儿躲一躲吧
We’d better take shelter in there


Okay

***

今天用什么曲子开场
With what tune will you start up today?

<>
“The Autumn Moon over the Han Palace”

太好了 我一直认为<> 韵味独特
Great! I’ve always believed its melody is very unique

怎么搞的
What’s wrong?

怎么了
What’s the problem?

今天演奏不了啦
You can’t play it today?

没关系 一会儿就好
It doesn’t matter. It’ll be okay soon

好了
Now it’s okay

太棒了 肖静小姐
Terrific, Miss Xiao Jing!

你在我眼里更优秀了
You look more outstanding in my eyes

您的支持让我更自信了
Your support makes me more confident

这是你们想出来的办法吗
Was this the idea you came up with?

太幼稚了吧
It was too na?ve.

太幼稚
Too na?ve?

那怎么 那怎么才能让她们俩 回到我们俩的身边呢
Then how could we make them return to our sides?

回到我们身边
Yeah, make them return to our sides.

应该问我 怎么才能吸引她们
You should ask them how you could be more attractive to them

那怎么才能吸引她们呢
How could we be more attractive to them?

吸引她们
More attractive to them

帮我们问问吧
Ask them for us, okay?

再问问
Ask for us

不是 但是记住啊 千万别直接问
But you must remember that you should never ask them directly

中国女孩说话喜欢反着说
Chinese girls like to speak conversely.

明明愿意 会说不愿意
Obviously they agree with someone, but they’d say they don’t

明明喜欢 会说不喜欢
Obviously they like someone, but they’d say they don’t

哦 不能直接问
Oh, I can’t ask them directly

直接问道话她们会反着答
If I asked them directly, they’d answer conversely

嗯 明白
Oh, I’m clear now

Advertisements