Subtitles for Episode 52 – Close Friends (Part 2)

怎么样
What’s the outcome?

怎么说
What did they say?

你们已经没有希望了
You have no hope now

哎呀 心痛啊
Oh, my heart aches!

你就不能婉转点儿吗
Couldn’t you say it in a roundabout way?

我希望你们早一点儿接受事实
I hope you’d accept the reality more quickly

哎 你是不是搞错了
Hey, did you get it wrong?

她们真爱上那两个人了
Have they really fallen in love with those two guys?

女孩儿的感情像天气
The affection of girls is like the weather

说变就变了 很难预测
It’s quite capricious and unpredictable

变化确实够快的
It has changed very fast indeed

昨天还是陌生人
They were still strangers yesterday

今天就爱上人家
But today they are in love with each other

也许明天
Maybe tomorrow…

怎么样
Tomorrow what?

就要表白
They’d express their love to them

哎呀
Oh!

等会儿
Wait a minute

你是说 她们现在只是心里喜欢人家
Do you mean the two girls just took a fancy to them

并没有向人家表白
But they haven’t expressed their affection to the men yet?

对啊
Right

女孩子嘛都会矜持一点儿
Girls should be a bit restrained

不见得 麦苗就不矜持
Not really. Mai Miao won’t be restrained

这是在平时
She is not on normal occasions

在爱情的问题上就会矜持
But she will be restrained on the question of love

你们干吗去
What are going to do?

我们要抓住最后的机会
We’re going to seize the last opportunity!

最后的努力
And make the last-ditch effort!

这两个
The two poor guys!

哎 你准备得怎么样
Eh, how prepared are you now?

他们不是在谈论 关于古筝的演奏技法吗
Aren’t they discussing guzheng plucking techniques?

我买了这本书
I just bought a book

哦 恶补一下
Oh, you want to learn it through a crash course

要说难度比较大的古筝曲 我觉得<>应该算一个
I think one of the difficult guzheng tunes is “Fighting the Typhoon”

你准备得怎么样
How prepared are you?

我发现那家伙很喜欢扮绅士 讨女孩欢心
I found that guy likes to pretend to be gentlemanlike to appeal to girls

今天我准备激怒他让他绅士不起来
Today I’m going to irritate him to make him unable to be gentlemanlike

祝你好运
I wish you good luck

也祝你好运
I wish you good luck, too

快去吧 那边都聊上了
Hurry up. They’ve started talking over there

这样的曲目我能举例出几个
I can cite a number of such pieces of music

广为人知的有
The most well-known ones include…

我知道
I know!

小伟 你真的知道吗
Xiaowei, do you really know?

当然
Of course!

那我倒要请教
I’d like your advice

请替我回答刚才的问题
Please answer the just mentioned question for me

这个最著名的曲目 当然是跳房子 小雪花 小猫钓鱼 拔萝卜
The most famous tunes are of course, “Hopscotch”, “Little Snowflakes”, “Kitten Goes Fishing”, “The Enormous Turnip”

这就是你举例的曲目啊
These are the pieces of music you cited?


Yes

你听清楚我们在谈论什么了吗
Did you hear clearly what we were talking about?

当然
Of course, I did

你那些曲子哪儿听来的
Where did you listen to those tunes?

书上
From the book

<>
“Children Learn the Guzheng”?

笑什么 我承认我不懂
Why are you laughing? I admit my ignorance.

但是我只在光明磊落地追求我的爱情
But I’m open and aboveboard to pursue my love!

你是她男朋友
Are you her boyfriend?


Me?

根本不是
Absolutely not

你们先谈
Go ahead

我们有时间再聊吧
We’ll chat again some other time

刘先生
Mr. Liu

刘先生
Mr. Liu

肖静 我
Xiao Jing, I…

刘先生
Mr. Liu!

幼儿教育怎么了
What’s wrong with the education of children?

梅子 他们点的什么
Meizi, what did they order?

按你说的
I did it as you instructed me

今天我给他们推荐的菜 都是那种盅啊 碟啊一人一份的
Today the food I recommended to them will all be served individually in cups or plates

太好了 记住啊 一会儿上菜的时候 只上一份 另一份扣下
Wonderful! Remember when you serve the food in a moment, only one helping is served; the other helping will be held up


Yes, sir!

花旗参老鸭汤 目前只出了一盅
American ginseng duck soup; but only one helping for now

哪位先用
Who should I serve first?

先给女士
Serve the young lady first

谢谢
Thanks

扬州炒饭目前只出了一盘 哪位先用
Yangzhou fried rice; but only one helping for now. Who should I serve first?

还是先给她
Serve her first again.
木瓜炖雪蛤 目前只出了一份 哪位先用
Papaya stewed with snow clams only one helping for now. Who should be served first?

你先来吧
You’d better have it

我这还有
I have already some here

你先吃着
You may eat that first

不 还是先给她
No. Serve her first

我再等等就是了
I can still wait

说不定很快就会上来了
Perhaps my food is coming soon

不见得 慢慢等吧
Not likely. But wait patiently

梅子 干得漂亮
Meizi, you did a wonderful job!

谢谢老板夸奖
Thank you for your praise, my boss

***

不见得 Bu jian de
It’s unlikely

在汉语中 我们用”不见得”来委婉地表示不赞成对方的意见
In Chinese, we use “bu jian de” to express our disapproval in a mild and roundabout way

***

来吃水果吧 我买了桔子
Come and eat fruit. I bought some oranges

太好了 我最爱吃桔子
Great! I love oranges best.

乐乐 别吃太多
Le Le, don’t eat too much

让他吃吧 水果里边有各种维生素
Let him eat. Fruits have a variety of vitamins

多吃水果对身体好
Eating more fruit is good for your health

那也不见得
It’s unlikely

像桔子 榴莲 荔枝等这些水果 吃多了容易上火
Such fruits as orange, durian, and litchi are likely to cause excessive internal heat if you eat more than enough.

嗯 那我就少吃点儿
Okay, then I’ll eat fewer

***

看 我买了两双拖鞋 才五块钱
Look, I bought two pairs of shoes for only five yuan.

在哪儿买的 这么便宜
Where did you buy them? They are so cheap.

在超市外边的摊儿上
At a stand outside the supermarket.

便宜的东西质量肯定不太好
The quality of cheap things is definitely bad

说不定 穿两天就坏了
Probably they’d be broken just in a couple of days

我看不见得
It’s unlikely

又便宜又好的东西也有啊
There are things that are both inexpensive and good-quality

那得看你有没有眼光去发现这样的好东西
It depends on whether you have an eye for such kinds of things

我当然有了
Of course, I have

***

好饱啊
I’m so full!

好饿啊
But I’m so hungry!

真奇怪
It’s so odd

怎么你的那份到现在还没来呀
How come your helpings haven’t come yet?

是啊
Exactly

梅子
Meizi!

来啦 请问有什么事儿
Coming. What can I do for you?

你看 我这都吃饱了
Look, I’m already full

还有一份还没上来
But the helpings for this gentleman haven’t been served

要不你帮我问问后厨
Could you go and ask the kitchen staff for me?

好的 请稍等
Sure. Just a moment

麦苗姐问 为什么那位男客人的菜总不上
Mai Miao asked why the food for that male guest hasn’t been served

那你就编个冠冕堂皇的理由
Just think up a justifiable reason

千万别让她知道是我扣下了
Be sure that she doesn’t know I held up those helpings

走吧
You may go now

我这就去
I’m going there right away

不用去了 我在这儿呢
You don’t have to go now. I’m here

麦苗 你听见多少啊
Mai Miao, how much did you hear?

全都听见了
I heard it all

你不是开门做生意的吗
Aren’t you doing business with open doors?

为什么给我捣乱
Why did you make trouble for me?

不是 麦苗 你听我解释
No. Mai Miao, listen to my explanation

我不想听 走吧
I don’t want to listen. Go away

麦苗啊
Mai Miao

麦苗
Mai Miao

麦苗
Mai Miao

麦苗啊 麦苗
Mai Miao! Mai Miao!

你觉得咱们没做错吗
Are you sure we haven’t done anything wrong?

我怎么觉得我把麦苗得罪了
But I feel I have offended Mai Miao

肖静这两天也不给我使好脸色
And during the last two days Xiao Jing looked at me with disdain

这么说 咱们做错了
Does it mean that we did something wrong?

可是你发现没有 这两天那两个对手都没过来
But have you found that our two rivals haven’t come for the last two days?

哎 对呀
Oh, right

这说明咱们的方法起到效果了
It show’s that out method has been effective


Yes

我认为你们俩更应该担心才对
I think you two shou;d be more cautious now

什么意思啊
What do you mean?

看不见的对手才是最可怕
It’s most frightful not to see your rivals

啊 都怪你
Oh! You’re to blame

我还想怪你呢
I think you’re to blame

非拉着我做什么做后的努力
Why did you drag me along to make the so-called last ditch effort?

你说你这事儿就怪你
I think you’re surely to blame

是你让我去
You asked me to do that

哎呀 别吵了
There, there, don’t quarrel anymore

赶紧找帮发解决问题
You must hurry and find solutions

应该去跟麦苗和肖静解释
You should explain it to Mai Miao and Xiao Jing

对 我现在就去找肖静谈谈
Right. I’m now going to talk to Xiao Jing

对 我也得找麦苗聊聊
Yes. I should also chat with Mai Miao

这样可以了吧
Is it okay?

你们觉得这么做 她们会搭理你们吗
If you do so do you think they would care to listen to you?

这个
Well

可是 这不是你出的主意吗
But isn’t this your idea?

我是让你们交换位置去解释
I mean you should swap your positions when you explain

交换位置
Swap positions?

嗯哼
Uh huh

麦苗是你的表妹 她会听你的
Mai Miao is your cousin, so she’d listen to you

肖静是你的员工 她肯定会给你面子
Xiao Jing is your employee so she’d save your face

苏珊 你太有才了
Susan, you’re a genius!

知道
I know that

***

你不是开门做生意的吗? Ni bu shi kai men zuo sheng yi de ma?
Don’t you do business with your door open?

这不是你出的主意吗
Wasn’t this your idea?

“不是……吗” 格式用来强调肯定 提醒对方注意某种明显事实
“Bu shi… ma?” is used to emphasize a firm belief, reminding someone of an obvious fact.

不需要对方回答
It does not require the other person to reply

***

小伟 给你书 我看完了
Xiaowei, here’s the book. I’ve finished reading it.

什么呀
What do you mean?

上次你不是说等我看完了给你看吗
Didn’t you say I should give it to you after I had finished reading it?

哦 对了 对了
Oh, yeah, yeah

你要是不看 还有人等着看呢
If you don’t want to read it, someone else is waiting to read it

***

苏珊
Susan…

嘘 小声点
Sh! Be quiet

你不是要减肥吗
Aren’t you on a diet?

怎么还吃啊
Why are you still eating?

没办法 饿了 睡不着
I have no choice. I’m hungry and can’t sleep

我看你呀 就别想减肥成功了
In my opinion, you shouldn’t expect to succeed in your weight-reduction plan

***

小伟觉得我爱上刘先生了
Xiaowei thinks I’ve fallen in love with Mr. Liu?

别逗了
It’s ridiculous

人家要给孩子找家教
The man is looking for tutor for his child

想先接触接触 了解一下我的水平
So he came into contact with me in order to find out how well I can play the instrument.

可是小伟说 你一见到刘先生就特别高兴
But Xiaowei said you were very pleased to see Mr. Liu

小勇把小王当情敌了
Xiaoyong took Xiao Wang as his rival?

怪不得那天给小王饿成那样呢
No wonder he made Xiao Wang starved so much that day.

到底是不是啊
But is he a real rival or not?

不是
No.

人家小王是我们学校新入学的新生
Xiao Wang is a freshman in our school

人家要参加我们这个武术社 要跟我这个社长学习学习武术
He wants to join our wushu club and learn some kung-fu skills from me, the head of the club

所以人家才老请我吃饭的
That’s why he invited me to dinner

能够再找一份兼职 我当然会高兴了
Being ab;e to get another job certainly made me very happy

你真的不喜欢刘先生
You really don’t like Mr. Liu?

不喜欢 工作嘛
No, I don’t. I met him only for the job

难道你就一点儿都不喜欢他
You really don’t like him at all?

可是根据情报说你都爱上他了
But according to my information, you’re in love with him.

就差表白了
You just stopped short of telling him about it

情报
Information?

这就怪了 情报上说 你已经爱上刘先生了就差跟人表白了
It’s so strange, according to the information, you’ve fallen in love of Mr. Liu, just stopping short of telling him.

谁提供的情报
Who provided this information?

苏 送送送你点儿水果
Well, let me give you some fruit as the dessert

对不起 我只吃榴莲
Sorry, I only eat durian

调查完毕
The investigation is over

我带回一个好消息 一个坏消息
I’ve brought back both good and bad news

巧了 我也是
What a coincidence! Me too

先说好消息吧
Tell me the good news first.

好消息是 麦苗并不喜欢那个男孩儿
The good news is that Mai Miao doesn’t like that boy at all

他只是一个武术爱好者
He is only a kung-fu enthusiast

巧了 我也正要告诉你 肖静没有爱上那个刘先生
What a coincidence! I’m also going to tell you Xiao Jing is not in love with Mr. Liu either

那只是一个想给孩子找家教的好爸爸
He is only a nice father looking for a tutor for his child.

坏消息是 由于你的过激行为
The bad news is that due to your excessive action…

等等 你的消息一直跟我一样
Wait! Your news has been the same as mine

坏消息不会也跟我一样吧
Would the bad news is the same, too?

咱们一块儿说
Let’s say it together

由于你的过激行为 麦苗/ 肖静 决定跟你绝交
Due to your excessive action, Mai Miao/ Xiao Jing has decided to break off relations with you.

完了
Too bad!

都怪苏珊的假情报
Susan’s fake news is to blame

可把我们害苦了
It did us so much harm!

嗨 调查行动怎么样
Hey, how is your investigation going?

肖静决定不理我了
Xiao Jing has decided to dissociate with me

麦苗也不再理我了
Mai Miao will also break it off with me

不会吧
It’s unlikely

千真万确
It’s absolutely true!

中国人喜欢正话反说
Chinese people like to speak conversely

她们也许爱上你们
Maybe they have fallen in love with you!

不可能
It’s impossible!

我去打听一下
Let me go find it out

再为你们提供情报
So that I can give you more information

坚决不要
We absolutely don’t want it!

Advertisements