Subtitles for Episode 58 – Anniversary Pictures

你觉得他们缺什么呢
Do you think they still lack anything?

我觉得什么也不缺
I don’t think they so.

对不起 打扰了
I’m sorry to disturb you.

不打扰 来得正好
Do. You came here at the right time.

正想找你当参谋呢
Right now we’d like to hear your advice.

后天是我爸妈的结婚纪念日
The day after tomorrow is my parents’ wedding anniversary.

我们想给他们买个礼物
We’d like to buuy them a gift,

可不知道买什么
but we don’t know what to buy.

正好你给出个新鲜的主意
We’d like you to come up with some new idea.

这个我也说不好
I’m not sure either.

知道 烛光晚餐怎么样
How about a candlelight dinner?

这个对我爸妈根本就不适用
This absolutely does not suit my parents.

他们享受烛光晚餐
Normally they enjoy a candlelight dinner

一般都是在停电的时候
only when there is a stoppage of power.

我们就再没有其他办法了
We don’t have any other options?

送一个带喜字的大寿桃
Give them a peach-shapped birthday cake carrying the character “Happiness”?

喜字和寿桃
Happiness and a peach-shapped cake?

哎呀 这个不够新鲜
Oh, this idea is not singular enough.

有了
Eureka!

咔嚓
Click!

你的意思是说
You mean

给二老拍一套结婚纪念照
to take a set of pictures of them to celebrate the anniversary?

对呀 我有一个哥们儿是开影楼的
Yeah. One of my buddies runs a photo studio.

干脆
Simply,

干脆让二老重新拍一套那个婚纱照
simply let this old couple have a retake of their wedding pictures.


Wonderful!

我的主意被采纳了吗
My idea was accepted?

咔嚓
Click!

婚纱照
Wedding pictures?

是啊
Yeah.

反正你们二老也没有一个像样的结婚照
Anyway, you two don’t have a decent wedding photo.

这回
This time…

谁说的
Who says we don’t?

咱们家庭相册上
In our family’s photograph album,

贴的第一张那是什么啊
What is the first photo?

那一张啊
That first photo

那一张您和我妈那都是黑白色的
of you and Mom is all black-and-white.

这个不浪漫嘛
It is not romantic enough.

这你们就不懂了
You just don’t understand

我们那个时代的照片呀那都是黑白的
all photographs taken in that era are black-and-white.

那是别有韵味啊
They have a special charming appeal.

那个时候 你妈可真是
At that time, your mom surely

一双美丽的大眼睛
had a pair of beautiful big eyes

辫子粗又长啊
and long thick braids.

现在是一只美丽的老花眼
Now she has a pair of beautiful longsighted eyes

稀稀落落的白头发
and a head of thinning white hair.

所以啊
Therefore,

你们就应该用照婚纱照的方式
you should have a retake of your wedding photos

来缅怀青春
as a way to cherish the memory of your youthful years.

缅怀
“Miǎnhuái”?

你们要用现在的照片
Using you the new photos

留住正在消失的青春
to preserve your disappearing youth.

留住
“Liúzhù”?

舅舅 舅妈 你们没听说过吗
Uncle, Aunt, have you ever heard that

照片恒久远 一张永流传
a photograph can permanently record a distant past?

既然是孩子们的心声
Since it is the children’s kind intention,

那就照照试试 你说呢
why not give it a try. What do you think?

行 我​​还没穿过婚纱呢
Sure. I haven’t worn a wedding dress yet.

我穿上婚纱会是个什么样子呀
What would I look like in a wedding dress?

婚纱 你穿婚纱干什么
A wedding dress? Why wear a wedding dress?

照结婚纪念照啊
For the wedding anniversary pictures.

我穿婚纱 你穿燕尾服
I’ll wear a wedding dress and you a swallowtail suit.

不不不
No, no.

咱们还是来中国传统的
We should wear traditional Chinese attire.

我穿上长袍马褂
I’ll wear a mandarin gown and jacket.

你穿一个大红嫁衣 红红火火的
And you’ll wear a red garment.

我看还是西式的好看
I think Western attire looks much better.

还是中式的 传统的有特点
Chinese and traditional attire is more characteristic.

现在地球人都成邻居人了
Now all global citizens are close neighbors.

换换衣服穿有什么不好
It isn’t bad to change the way we dress.

我说不好就不好
I said it is bad, period!

你凭什么我就得听你的
Why should I obey you?

凭什么我就得听你的
Why should I obey you?

那是穿婚纱好看哪
A Western wedding dress looks much better.

穿长袍马褂那有中国特点嘛
A gown and jacket is more Chinese in style.

不让我穿婚纱
If you don’t let me wear a Western wedding dress,

我不跟你去照相
I won’t go with you for the photo retake.

我要去就得穿长袍马褂
I must go there wearing a long gown and jacket.

不行就得穿婚纱
I must wear a Western wedding dress.

就穿长袍马褂
I must wear a long gown and jacket.

不能听我的嘛你就
Why are you not compliant with me?

我凭什么要听你的
Why should I be compliant with you?

那你不听我不去
I won’t go if you are not.

不去就不去
As you please!

我的妈呀
Oh, my goodness!

他们要吵到什么时候
What are they quarreling about?

我也说不好
I have no idea either.

***

Wǒ yě shuōbuhǎo.
我 也 说不好。
I’m not quite sure either.

【说不好】

在汉语口中“说不好”
In spoken Chinese, “shuōbuhǎo” is a common expression

是用来表示无法肯定的一种常用说法
meaning not to be sure or uncertain.

刚才小勇来了
Did Xiaoyong come here just now?

嗯 他想请我去听音乐
Yes. He wanted to invite me to a concert.

我没答应他
But I turned him down.

你真的一点儿也不喜欢他吗
Don’t you like him at all?

我知道小勇人很好
I know Xiaoyong is a very nice guy.

可是我对他真的没有什么感觉
But he is not my cup of tea.

那你对什么样的男生有感觉呢
What kind of young man is your cup of tea?

我也说不好
I’m not quite sure either.

你们经理呢
Where is your manager?

他一大早就出去了
He went out early this morning.

你找他有事
You’ve got something to do with him?

是啊 他什么时候回来
Yeah. When will he be back?

我也说不好
I’m not sure.

可能快回来了吧
Probably he’ll be back soon.

***

来 坐这儿
Come on. Sit here.

明天的事儿到底怎么样啊
What have they decided for the retake tomorrow?

到底是西式的还是中式的
Is it going to be Western or Chinese in style?

定了没有
Have they reached a decision?

定了 不过一个说要西式的
Yes. But one said to wear a Western dress

一个说要穿中式的
and the other said to wear Chinese clothes.

完了 还得继续吵
I’m sure they’ll continue to quarrel.

都怨我
I should take the blame

提议给他们俩照合影
for I suggested they pose for photographs.

要是让他们爬长城
If I had asked them to climb the Great Wall…

那就不存在服装的问题了
Then there wouldn’t be the question of what to wear.

现在说什么都晚了
It’s too late to talk about it now.

眼看纪念日就要变成吵架日
Soon the anniversary day will become Quarrel Day.

这是战火中的爱情
This is love amid the flames of war.

有没有人能平息这个战火呢
Anyone who can extinguish the flames of war?

你氜也在 太好了
You’re also here. Great!

我们那个什么
We’re talking about…

关于婚纱照的事儿吧
About the retake of their wedding photos?

是中式的还是西式的
Chinese or Western in style?

你们怎么知道的
How did you know that?

那个小伟刚才把二老在战火中的爱情故事
Xiaowei just told us the story of their love

给我们讲了
in the flames of war.

那你们有意见吗
What’s your opinion?

我们 我们能有什么意见哪
Well, how could we have any opinion?

可是舅舅妈都吵成那样了
But Uncle and Aunt quarrelated so fiercely.

能不担心嘛
How could we not worry about them?

非常担心 所以我想
Very much so. So I think…

我想什么
What I’m thinking about is that

想给我买一根大冰棍
I want you to buy me a big Popsicle.

只要你们同意我提出的条件
If you agree to this precondition of mine,

我就帮你们的忙
I promise to help you.

这个 我小时候可不这样
I didn’t do things like this in my childhood.

告诉你们 告诉你们
Let me tell you.

我侦察回来了
I’m just back from the reconnaissance mission.

怎么样 情报到手了吗
Have you collected any intelligence?

你没暴露身份吧
You didn’t reveal your identity, did you?

没有 情报是这样的
No. According to my intelligence,

好消息是爷爷同意穿燕尾服了
the good news is that Grandpa has agreed to wear a swallowtail suit.

太好了
Great!

来来来 俩K
Come on. Two Kings.

也告诉你们一个坏消息
I also have some bad news for you.

奶奶也同意穿大红嫁衣了
Granny has agreed to wear a red garment.

什么意思
What does that mean?

意思就是说
It means

爷爷和奶奶的意见倒过来了
Grandpa and Granny have reversed their positions.

爷爷呢现在坚持西式
Grandpa now insists on wearing a Western suit

奶奶呢坚持中式
and Granny insists on wearing a Chinese garment.


Ah!

果然不出我所料
That’s exactly what I expected.

舅舅 我们是想问问呢
Uncle, we’d like to ask you something.

黑的燕尾服和长袍马褂的事儿
Something about a black swallowtail suit or a gown and jacket.

你们是说纪念日的合影啊
You mean the retake of the anniversary photos?


Yes.

这事儿我仔细想了想
I’ve thought it over agagin and again.

我这个身材要是穿上纯黑的燕尾服
Because of my stature, a black swallowtail suit will

肯定别有风采
make me perfectly elegant.

舅妈 坐坐坐 坐 舅妈
Aunt, take a seat.

我们是想问问呢
We’d like to ask you something.

白色的婚纱和大红嫁衣的事儿
Something about a white wedding dress or a red garment.

你们想说婚纱照的事儿
You mean the retake of the wedding anniversary photos?


Yes.

我仔细想了想
I’ve thought it over again and again.

我觉着
I think

还是穿中国的传统民族服装比较好
it’s much better to wear a traditional Chinese garment.

所以还是西式婚纱照比较好
It’d be much better for us to pose in Western attire.

哎呀 真是180度的大转弯啊
Oh, a 180-degree turn!

可是舅舅 那黑色的燕尾服
But Uncle, a black swallowtail suit

不符合您追忆火红年代的情怀
is unsuitable for you to cherish the memory of those revolutionary years.

而且舅妈已经同意
And Aunt has agreed

穿中式的大红嫁衣
to wear a Chinese-style red garment.

哦 她同意了
Yes, she has agreed.

她同意管什么用啊
But her agreement doesn’t make any difference

我现在又不同意了
since I don’t approve of it.

我现在就想着穿燕尾服 黑的
Now I just want to wear a black swallowtail suit.

我就是想穿大红嫁衣
I just want to wear a red garment.

中国红 我的最爱
It is Chinese red, my favorite color.

只要天气好
As long as it’s a fine day,

我们就去拍婚纱照
we’ll go for the retake of our wedding photos.

可是舅妈
But Aunt…

她怎么想我不管
I don’t care what she thinks about it

我告诉你们 只要去拍婚纱照
Let me tell you, for the retake of our wedding photos,

我就得穿那件燕尾服
I must wear a swallowtail suit.

要不然 我不去
Otherwise, I will not go.

***

Zhǐyào nǐmen tóngyì wǒ tí chū de tiáojiàn,
只要你们同意我提出的条件,

wǒ jiù bāng nǐmen de máng.
我 就 帮 你们 的 忙。

So long as you agree to my conditions,
I will help you for sure.

Zhǐyào tiānqì hǎo,
只要 天气 好,

wǒmen jiù qù pāi hūnshāzhào!
我们 就 去 拍 婚纱照!

So long as the weather is fine,
we’ll go for the wediing photos.

【只要⋯⋯就⋯⋯】

“只要…就…”是汉语中一种很常用的句式
“Zhǐyào… jiù…” is a common expression in Chinese.

我们用“只要”提出一个必要的人中人竹手件
“Zhǐyào” is followed by a precondition,

“就”后边就是这个条件所产生的结果
whereas “jiù” is followed by a result from the precondition.

请问
Excuse me.

申请开通网上银行需要什么手续
What is the procedure for applying for an online bank account?

手续很简单
The procedure is simple.

您只要出示一下身份证
You just show us your ID Card

填个表就可以了
and fill out a form, and it’ll be all done.

这是我的身份证
Here’s my ID card.

请给我一张表
Please give me a form.

好的 上边的这些部分都要填
Here you are. You fill up all these blanks on the top.

请稍等 好了
Just a moment. It’s all set.

谢谢
Thank you.

这次的期中考试 你考得怎么样
How was your midterm exam?

这个我也说不好
Well, I can’t be certain.

这次的考试挺难的
The exam this time was pretty difficult.

通过肯定没问题吧
You’ll have no problem passing it for sure.

只要能通过考试 我就放心了
As long as I can pass it, I’ll feel relieved.

但是现在 我还是有点儿担心
But right now I am a bit worried.

别担心 不会有问题的
Don’t worry. There’ll be no problem.

***

哎呀 二老交换场地继续战斗
Oh, the fight has continued afer the change of courts.

这很正常
This is pretty normal.

我没说错吧
I didn’t get it wrong.

这叫战火中的爱情
This is called love amid the flames of war.

哎 可是我只看见战火
Eh, why I only see the flames of war

我没看见爱情
but not love?

等他们俩照婚纱照的时候
You’ll see love

你就能看见爱情了
when they are at the photo studio.

他们的爱情会带来不确定的结局
And their love might bring about an undermined result.

我说你们俩怎么就一点儿都不担心呢
why you two are not at all worried?

这太奇怪了
This is so strange!

慢点儿
No hurry.

这有什么奇怪的
This is not strange.

见怪不怪了
It seens strange, but we’ve got used to it.

三十多年了
For move than 30 years,

他们俩解决非原创性问题
they’ve solved their non-principled questions

基本上都这样解决的
basically the same way.

都这样解决
Basicaly the way?


Yes.

不要
I won’t take it.

写作业去
Go do your homework.

麦苗你说
Mai Miao, do you think

舅舅 舅妈拍照的时候会不会战斗
Uncle and Aunt will fight when they pose at the studio?

我琢磨着他们化妆的时候就战斗
I guess they’d start fighting when putting on their makeup.

行了 你们俩就别琢磨这个了
Hey, you two stop guessing.

赶快打牌吧
Show your card quickly.

放心 没事儿啊
Just rest assured there’ll be nothing wrong.

用不用我再给你们去侦察一下
Do you need me to have another reconnaissance for you?

不用 我们等着
No. We’ll just wait.


Hey!

我们回来了
We came back.

拍完了吗
You had your photos retaken?

拍完了
Yes, we did.

中式还是西式的
The Chinese or Western style?

你们猜
Give it a guess.

反正我穿燕尾服了
Anywhere I wore a swallowtail suit.

反正我穿大红旗袍了
Anyway I wore a red garment.

中西混着搭
A combination of the Chinese and Western styles!

没猜对
You guessed wrong.

我告诉你们吧
Let me tell you.

去去
Shut up.

我们自己说啊
We’ll tell you ourselves.

你说
You say it.

你说
You say it.

你说
You say it.

中式的
The Chinese style…

西式的
And the Western style…

每样照一张
were both tried for each picture.

Advertisements