Subtitles for Episode 60 – Looking for Susan

今天买的菜不是太新鲜
The vegetables we bought today are not very fresh.


Stop!

您这拦出租车呢
Are you trying to stop a taxi?

对不起 我怕你们跑了
Sorry. I’m afraid you might run away.

你放心吧 我们跑不过你
You rest assured we won’t outrun you.

着样子他挺着急
He looks very worried.

你需要帮助吗
Do you need help?

先生
Mister.

好像是先生的意思
Perhaps it means mister.

叫你呢 先生
He is speaking to you. Mister.

就甭客气了
Don’t stand on ceremony.

老头
Old man?


Ah?

不 不 不
No, no, no.

大爷 大爷的妈
Uncle, Uncle’s mother?


Ah?

是大妈 大妈
Aunt, Aunt?

very对不起
I’m very sorry.

我一着急 汉语就不好
Whenever I’m nervous, I don’t speak Chinese very well.

那就别着急
Don’t be nervous.


Right.

我不着急 汉语也不好
But when I’m not nervous, I can’t speak Chinese well either.

你不说我们也听得出来
We can tell that even if you didn’t say it.

有什么事
What troubles you?

找人 叫罗斯
I’m looking for someone called Ross.

他是找一个人叫罗斯的
He is lookinf for someone called Ross.

不 不 不
No, no, no.

不用找罗斯了 罗斯在这里
I’m not looking for Ross. Ross is right here.

你就是罗斯
You’re Ross?

是 我要找苏珊
Yeah. I’m looking for Susan.

苏珊 好像是要找苏珊
Susan? He seems to be looking for Susan.

就是苏珊
Yes, Susan.

那咱家那苏珊不就叫苏珊吗
Is our Susan called Susan?

对呀
Yeah.

苏珊在你家啊
Susan is in your home?

我家倒是住着一个叫苏珊的女孩儿
A girl called Susan is living with us.

不知道是不是你
I’m not sure that’s the girl you’re looking for.

美国的苏珊 留学的苏珊
The Susan from America, the Susan who is studying here,

来了几个月的苏珊
the Susan who’s been here for several mouths,

美丽的苏珊
the beautiful Susan,

迷人的 可爱的苏珊
the charming and lovely Susan!

没错儿
Exactly.

找到了
I found the person!

瞧清楚 瞧清楚 我可是老头儿
See clearly. I’m a old man.

不 不 不 大爷
No, no, no, Uncle.

我是想跟你回家
I think if I follow you home,

就找到苏珊了
I will find Susan.

等等等等啊
Wait, wait.

这事儿还得确认一下
This is something to be verified.

你看这纸条上
Look at this slip of paper.

这个纸条啊 有大爷 不用了
This slip of paper, Uncle, is useless now.

这个纸条上写的咱们家的门牌号
This slip of paper hears our home address.

那你怎么有我们家的住址呢
How could you get our home address?

我美国大爷 苏珊的爸爸给我的
My American uncle, Susan’s father, gave it to me.

哦 看来都不是外人
Oh. It seems he is not a stranger.

那走吧 跟我们回家
Come on. We’re going home.

走 找苏珊
Let’s go and see Susan.


Okay.

苏珊 我来了
Susan, I’m here.

罗斯 请喝茶
Ross, have some tea.

谢谢
Thank you.

很好
Very good.

小心 烫
Be careful. It’s hot.

苏珊
Susan!

罗斯
Ross!

苏珊
Susan…

苏珊 我终于找到你了
Susan, I finally found you.

你怎么在这儿
Why are you here?

我为你而来啊
I come for you.

你知道的 我爱你
You know, I love you.

俩外国人说话
They’re two foreigners talking to each other.

你们在中间掺和什么呀
You better stop meddling.

过来过来
Come over here.

我也纳闷呢
I’m also puzzled.

***

Kàn yàngzi, tā tǐng zhāojí de.
看 样子,他 挺 着急 的。
It looks like he is quite worried about it.

【看样子】

在汉语口语中
In spoken Chinese,

“看样子”可以在句子中做插入语
“kàn yàngzi” can be used as a parenthesis.

说话人用“看样子”
The speaker uses “kàn yàngzi”

来表示根据眼前的情况进行推断
to mean “it seems”.

老李你看前边走过来的那个姑娘怎么了
Lao Li, look, what’s wrong with that girl coming toward us?

看样子 她病了
It seems she is sick.

姑娘 你怎么了
Miss, is there something wrong with you?

阿姨 我肚子疼得厉害
Aunt, I’m having a terrible stomachache.

那我们送你去医院吧
Let us send you to the hospital.

老李 快叫出租车
Lao Li, quick, hail a cab!

看样子 要下雨了
It seems it’s going to rain.

乐乐 别玩儿了 咱们回家吧
Le Le, stop playing. Let’s go home.

爸爸 您再让我玩儿一会儿吧
Dad, could you allow me to play another moment?

要下雨了 咱们没带伞
It’s going to rain. We have no umbrellas with us.

要是现在不赶快找
If we didn’t go at once,

一会儿准得被雨淋着
we’d be caught in the rain for sure.

那好吧 不过 下个周末
Okay. But next weekend,

行 没问题
Okay, no problem.

***

Stop stop 停停停
Stop, stop.

苏珊
Susan?

这里是中国
We’re in China.

从现在起我只说中文
From now on I’ll speak Chinese only.

你也必须说中文
And you must also speak Chinese only.

否则免谈
Otherwise, we’d better stop talking.


No.

你不说中文 我不理你啊
If you don’t speak Chinese, I won’t talk to you.

我话说算数
I mean it.

苏珊 你不是难 困难 艰难 为难我吗
Susan, aren’t you making things difficult for me?

这罗斯找苏珊干吗呢
Why did Ross come for Susan?

反正不像是要账的
Anyway, not to dun her for money!

小伟 他们俩一直在你耳朵边上说话
Xiaowei, they were talking just by you side.

你应该知道啊
You should know why.

语速太快
They spoke so fast that

谁也听不懂他们说什么
no one could understand what they talked about.

苏珊
Susan!

罗斯呢
Where’s Ross?

已经被我解决了
He has been solved by me.


What?

罗斯已经被你解决了
Ross has been solved by you?

罗斯的问题已经被我圆满解决了
I have successfully solved the Ross question.

那他
Where’s he?

已经走了
He has left.


Has he?

他只是我以前的同学
He is only one of my former classmates

普通朋友而已
and only a friend.

我会说而已 哎呀
I mean only!

罗斯只是苏珊的普通朋友而已
Ross is only a good friend of Susan!


Is he?

他不会再来
He won’t come again.

你们放心吧 没事儿了 没事儿
Rest assured it’s all over. It’s all over.

真的没事儿了
Is it really all over?

来了 来了
He is coming.

你好 请你告诉苏珊
Hi. I’d like you to tell Susan that

只会说中国话的罗斯来了
the Chinese-speaking guy, Ross, has come.

好 请进
Hi. Come in, please.

苏珊 被你解决的罗斯又来了
Susan, Ross, the guy you solved, is here again.

看到了
I can see that.

罗斯
Ross.

你好你好
Hello!

欢迎你
You’re welcome here.

舅舅 舅妈 让我继续解决他
Uncle, Aunt, let me continue to solve him.

你叫舅舅舅妈
You call them Uncle and Aunt?

那我也叫舅舅舅妈
I’ll also call them Uncle and Aunt.

舅妈 舅舅
Hi, Aunt and Uncle!

错了错了
You got it wrong.

她是舅妈 我是舅舅
You should call her aunt, and call me uncle.

哦 舅舅
I see, Uncle.

苏珊 我不远无里来到中国
Susan, I came all the way to China

为了就是心中的你
only for you, my sweetheart.

请你接受这颗长途跋涉的爱心吧
Please accept my love that has travelled such a long distance.

这小伙子中文练得不错了
This young man speaks Chinese pretty well.

她只让我说中文
She asked me to speak Chinese only.

我练了一整夜
So I practiced the whole of last night.

苏珊
Susan!

罗斯 你的花和你的心我不接受
Ross, I cannot accept your flowers and your love.

我还没说完 我还没说完
I haven’t finished yet.

请你听一下中国诗的表白
Please listen to a Chinese poem.

罗斯 我劝你呀不要浪费时间啊
ROss, I advise you not to waste your time.

中国诗的表白现在开始
The Chinese poem reads as follows.

你我好比鸳鸯鸟
“You and I are like two love birds,

比翼双飞在人间
Flying wing to wing in the world.”

比翼双飞
“Bǐyì shuāng fēi”?

是的 我和你翅膀挨着翅膀
Yes, flying wing to wing.

我不跟着你飞
I won’t fly with you.

你自己慢慢飞吧
You’d better fly alone.

苏珊
Susan!

你别跟着我
Don’t follow me.

你再跟着我 我会生气
If you continue to follow me, I will be angry.

苏珊
Susan!

她到哪儿去了
Where’’s she?

对不起 谁也不知道她去哪儿了
Sorry, no one knows where she is.

***

Yǔ sù tài kuài, shuí yě
语 速 太 快, 谁 也

tīng bù dǒng tāmen shuō shénme.
听 不 懂 他们 说 什么。

They spoke so fast that no one
understood what they talked about.

Shuí yě bù zhīdào tā qù nǎ’r le
谁 也 不 知道 她 去 哪儿 了。
No one knows where she’s gone.

【谁 什么 哪 哪儿】

在汉语中“谁” “什么” “哪” “哪儿”
In Chinese, “shuí”, “shénme” “nǎ” “nǎ’r”,

等疑问代词还可以用来表示任指
and other interrogative pronouns can be indefinite in meaning.

比如“谁”可以指任何一个人
“Shuí” may refer to anybody,

“什么”可以指任何一件东西
and “shénme” can refer to anything.

疑问代词这样用时不需要回答
Such pronouns do not requires an answer,

句中常用“也”或者“都”跟它呼应
and “yě” or “dōu” is often used in correspondence in the sentence.

喂 你好
Hello?

我找李科长
I’d like to talk to Section Chief Mr. Li.

我就是 您是哪位
Speaking. Who is this?

我是造纸厂的厂长
I’m the manager of a paper mill.

我想跟您谈一下我们厂污水治理的问题
I’d like to talk to you about the treatment of waste water in our plant.

不知道您什么时候有时间
I’m wondering when you’ll have time for that.

这个星期你什么时候来都可以
Anytime this week is okay for me.

舅舅 苏珊在家吗
Uncle, is Susan home?

她去学校了
No, she went to school.

看来 今天只好我一个人去了
It seems I have to go alone today.

你要去哪儿
Where are you going?

这是我第一次来北京
This is my first time in Beijing.

我哪儿都想去看看
I want to take a look everywhere.

今天我要去这儿(天安门)
Today I want to go here, Tian’anmen Square (the Palace Museum),

这儿(天坛)
and here, The Temple of Heaven,

还有这儿(颐和园)
and also here, the Summer Palace.

什么 你一天要去这三个地方
What? You want to visit three places in a single day?

我告诉你吧
Let me tell you

一天时间只够去其中的一个地方
you can go to one place only a day.

***

苏珊 苏珊
Susan, Susan.

唉呀 他怎么还没走呢
Oh, why he hasn’t left yet?

他一直在家等着你
He is still waiting for you in our home.

而且他说 他要给你唱一首中文歌曲
And he said he’d sing you a Chinese song.


What?

我爱你 爱着你
“I love you, I love you.

就像老鼠爱大米
Just like the rat loves the rice.”

这个痴情的大老鼠
This crazy big rat!

我真的不喜欢他
I really don’t like him.

我只想跟他做普通朋友
I only want to be friends with him.

苏珊
Susan,

如果你只想和他做普通朋友
if you only want to be friends with him,

那你就必须想个办法
you must think up an idea

让他彻底死心
to make him have no more illusions about you.

那我想什么办法呀
What idea can I think up?

罗斯 你听我说啊
Ross, listen to me.

中国有一句俗话
A Chinese saying goes,

叫做“强扭的瓜不甜”
“A melon forced off its vine is not sweet.”

感情这个东西它是不能勉强的
Love cannot be obtained through pestering.

就好像这瓜不熟
Just like an unripe melon.

强扭下来就不甜
It wouldn’t be sweet if you forced it off the vine.

就是啊
Exactly.

这个中国的比喻我没听懂
I don’t understand this Chinese analogy.

苏珊和我谁是哪个瓜
Who is that melon, Susan or I?

这不明摆着嘛
This is quite obvious.

苏珊是瓜
Susan is the melon.

你要强扭下来她就不甜
If you forced her off, she would be sweet.

可为什么我也不甜
But why am I not sweet either?

我的心里很苦
I feel very bitter in my heart.

我们回来了
We’re back.

苏珊 看到你 我的心里不苦了
Susan, seeing you, I’m not bitter in my heart anymore.

罗斯啊
Ross!

苏珊有一件事情要向你宣布
Susan has something to announce to you.

什么事儿 苏珊 亲爱的
What is it, Susan, my dear?

首先不用叫我亲爱的
First, don’t call me “my dear”.

我有我亲爱的人
I already have my dear sweetheart.

我没听懂
I don’t understand what you said.

我 我有男朋友
I have a boyfriend.


No.

这不是真的
It is not true.

你的男朋友在哪里
Where is your boyfriend?

这是真的
It is true.

我的男朋友在哪里
Where’s my boyfriend?

男朋友在这里
My boyfriend is here.

你骗我 根本没有什么人
You’re fooling me. He is not here.

就是他 亲爱的
It’s him, my dear.

苏珊 我
Susan, me?

亲爱的
My dear.

原来就是你
Actually it’s you!

Advertisements