Subtitles for Episode 64 – Changing Pillows

慢点儿
Be careful.

你说
You see,

早让你上医院不就好了吗
had you gone to the hospital earlier, you would have long recovered.

不听话 成这样了
You took no heed of my advice, and so you’ve ended up like this.

我这叫不向困难低头
I won’t lower my head before difficulties.

现在想低头也低头不下去了
Now I can’t now even if I want to lower it.

妈 您带我爸去做理疗啊
Mom, are you going to take my dad for physiotherapy?

你妈非要陪我去
Your mom insists on going with me.

我不陪你去行吗
Would it be possible if I don’t go with you?

你瞧你现在这样儿
You see, how pathetic you look!

红绿灯都看不见了
You can’t see even the traffic lights.

妈 老话不是说吃什么不什么嘛
Mom, as the old saying goes, “You’re what you eat,”

这么着 我给我爸买点鸡脖子 鸭脖子
I bought Dad some chicken necks and duck necks

让他好好补补啊
to let him build up his health.

您看着
Look.

别添乱了
Don’t make a nuisance of yourself.

这个难受劲儿啊
How miserable I am!

还真不如胳膊腿断了呢我跟你说
I would rather have my arm or leg severed.

你可腿别断了啊
You mustn’t have your leg severed.

那断了我还背不动你呢
I wouldn’t carry you on my back if you couldn’t walk.

就这样好 这样好
It is fine for me if you remain like this.

还这样好
Is it really fine?

就怨你
You’re to blame!

算了 我不跟他计较
Forget it. I won’t argue with him.

慢点儿 去吧
Be careful. Let’s go.

慢点儿啊爸爸 慢点儿
Be careful, Dad, be careful.

抬腿儿
Lift you leg.

妈 您看我爸要用这个枕头
Mom, if my dad uses this kind of pillow,

这脖子就没事儿了
there won’t be anything wrong with his neck.

特别好这个
It is extremely useful.

真不错啊
It is not bad indeed.

多软乎啊
How soft it is!

爸 我给您买了个新枕头
Dad, I’ve bought you a new pillow.

您看看
Look.

买枕头干什么
Why did you buy a pillow?

我又不缺枕头
I don’t need a new pillow.

你还不如给我买几双袜子穿呢
I’d rather you bought me a few pairs of socks.

您脚丫子又有问题了
Is there also something wrong with your feet?

什么意思
What do you mean?

您不是颈椎出毛病了吗
Since there’s something wrong with your cervical vertebra,

您看您用这个枕头多好啊
how nice it would be to use this pillow.

用老的以后会使您的病情更加剧的
Your problem will worsen if you continue to use the old one.

您用用这个
Use this one, please.

换个枕头我这脖子毛病就能好
Will my neck problem improve if I change my pillow?

那你也不能换个脖子吧
Anyway, you can’t change your neck.

爸 您就换个枕头得了
Dad, change your pillow, please.

这可是新型的保健枕
This is a new type of health-improving pillow.

哎呀 我原来那个就枕头
Oh, my original pillow is very good.

我躺着挺舒服的
It’s quite comfortable to rest my head on it.

那个舒服
If it is comfortable,

您颈椎不适出毛病了嘛
why is there something wrong with your neck?

枕头不合适
An unsuitable pillow

颈椎经容易出毛病
is likely to cause neck problems.

对啊 爸爸 我跟您说啊
Yes. Dad, let me tell you

就这个枕头它具有绿色环保的功能
this pillow is environmentally friendly,

而且它是根据人体力学设计出来的
and designed ergonomically.

它的保健功能已经得到了
Its health-improving efficacy has been

权威机构的认证
acknowledged by authoritative organizations.

好 好好好
Okay, okay.

散会
The meeting is dismissed.

老伴儿 老伴儿 你怎么这样啊
Old man, how could you do this?

这孩子好好给你买一个枕头
It is a new pillow our son bought you.

你一屁股坐上干吗呀
Why are you sitting on it?

这个模样我就接受不了
I can’t accept its shape.

我怎么看怎么像
Whichever way I examine it,

像那个屁股下面那坐垫
it looks like a cushion under the buttocks.

像坐垫
It looks like a cushion?

你想象力也太丰富了吧
Your imagination is too powerful!

这就是一个职业编剧的特点
This is the trait of a professional playwright.

我看挺好的
I think it’s very good.

你拿去试试
Take it and give it a try.

我的脑袋我做主
I’m the boss of my head.

我的脑袋就不乐意躺在这个坐垫上
My head doesn’t like to rest on this cushion.

你瞧瞧瞧瞧
Look, look,

都疼成这样了 还顽固呢
your neck is so painful and you’re still so stubborn.

行行 我得回去躺会儿
Okay, I have to go back to lie down a bit.

老伴儿 老伴儿
Old man!

咱爸可真够顽固的
Our dad is so obstinate!

算了
Leave it at that.

就别强迫咱爸了
We’d better not compel Dad anymore.

大伟 我看着枕头挺好的
Dawei, I find this pillow really very good.

***

Suanle, women jiu bie
算了, 我们就别

qiangpo bieren le.
强迫 别人 了。

Cut it out. We’d better not compel him to do so.

在汉语口语中“算了”可用来表示
In spoken Chinese, “suanle” can be used to mean

不再计较或者原谅
not to worry about something or to forgive.

好了 可以走了
All right, we can go now.

哎呀 他怎么不看灯啊
Oops! Why didn’t he look up at the traffic lights?

小伙子 你给我回来
Young man, come back here!

算了 别理他了
Oh, forget it. Let him go.

咱们快过马路吧
We must cross the street quickly.

真不像话
It is so outrageous!

您好 您要的宫保鸡丁来了
Hi, here’s your Kung Pao Chicken.

哎呀 你看你 把我的衣服都弄脏了
Oops! Look, you stained my clothes.

对不起 真对不起
Excuse me. I’m really sorry for it.

我给您把衣服洗干净吧
Let me wash your jacket clean.

算了吧 我还是回去自己洗吧
Forget it. I’d prefer to wash it myself.

以后你上菜的时候 小心点儿
When you serve up next time, be careful.

***

你看 这枕头多好
Look, how nice this pillow is.

真么一躺啊
When I’m resting my head on it,

连肩旁都能放松
I feel even my shoulders relaxed.

试试 来 试试
Come on and give it a try.

我不
No.

我这个大枕头啊
This big pillow of mine

都枕了那么多年了
has been with me for many years.

都有感情了
I have fond feelings for it.

你倒是不喜新厌旧啊
You surely don’t like to abandon the old for the new?

这就是我的优点啊
That’s my merit.

你不就是因为这个优点
It was because of this merit of mine

嫁给我的嘛
that you agreed to marry me.

这哪儿跟哪儿啊
It is an irrelevant topic.

你看这枕头多好
Look, how nice this pillow is.

你把这个换过来
Change yours for this one.

不不不 我不换 我不换
No, no, I won’t.

这人哪都有个习惯
Everyone has a habit.

你看啊 这个狼习惯吃肉
You see, the wolf is accustomed to eating meat.

狗习惯吃
The dog is accustomed to eating…

狗习惯吃什么呀
What is the dog accustomed to eating?

我该牛了
Now I’ve changed it for the cow.

这牛习惯吃草
The cow is accustomed to eating grass.

着兔子呢习惯吃
And the rabbit is accustomed to eating…

你就说你习惯吃什么吧
Just tell me what you’re accustomed to eating?

我呀 我就习惯
I… I am accustomed to

躺我这个荞麦皮的大枕头
resting my head on a big buckwheat husk pillow.

往这儿一躺 心里就觉得踏实
I feel at ease whenever I rest my head on it.

我不是给你讲了它好多优点嘛
Didn’t I tell you many of its merits?

对不起
I’m sorry.

你说什么我一句都没听懂
I didn’t understand a single sentence you said.

你怎么这么顽固啊你
How stubborn you are!

今儿非换不可 来
You must change it today. Come on.

不能换
No, I won’t.

俗话说 糟糠之妻不下堂
As the saying goes, “The chaff-eating wife mustn’t be cast aside”,

何况我这枕头里头全是荞麦皮啊
let alone, the buckwheat husks in my pillow!

比糟糠强多了
They are a lot better than the chaff.

你说谁糟糠呢
Who is the chaff-eating wife?

有这么比喻的吗
You can’t use this as a metaphor.

今儿非换不可
Today you must change it.

我不换 我就是不能换 不能换
No, I won’t change it. I won’t change it.

你就得给我换
You must change it!

哎哟 你又拿回去了
Oh, why you took it back?

你给我拿回来
Give it to me.

爸 妈 锻炼身体呢
Dad, Mom, are you doing some exercise?

爸 妈 这周围邻居都睡了
Dad, Mom, our neighbors are all asleep.

您二老也早点儿休息吧
You’d better go to bed now.


Okay.

早点儿休息 我也睡去了啊
Go to bed now. I’m also going back to sleep.

就你不听话
You’re so obstinate!

你给我拿过来 你快点儿
Give it to me quickly.

我不换 不换
I won’t change it.

那个做个好梦啊
Have a nice dream!

你爸这个老顽固
Your dad is just a diehard!

我是劝不了他了
I can’t persuade him.

哥 我觉得吧
Brother, I think

为了咱爸的健康
for Dad’s heath,

这个旧枕头必须得换掉
the old pillow must be changed for a new one.

你说得没错儿
You’re right.

咱爸的枕头必须给它换了
Our dad’s pillow must be changed.

妈 我光给我爸一个人换
Mom, just changing my dad’s pillow

我觉得不够彻底
is not enough.

为了配合给我吧换枕头
In order to make Dad change his pillow,

咱们就彻底给它来个枕头革命
we should have a thorough pillow revolution.

是不是
Don’t you think so?

彻底全给它换掉 对不对
We should change all our pillows, right?

把所有的就枕头都换成绿色的吧
Change all the old pillows the for green, environmentally friendly,

环保的 新型的 保健的 健康的枕头是吧
new-style and health-improving pillows, right?

你说这多好啊 是不是
How nice it would be, right?

妈 您 妈
Mom?

咱妈呢
Where is our mom?

不在呢嘛
Isn’t she here?

大伟 哎
Dawei. Yes?

来 把你爸枕头藏起来
Come on. Hide your dad’s pillow away

趁着老顽固不在
while the diehard is not home.

咱一会儿给他换新的
Let’s change his pillow for a new one.

快 藏起来
Hide it away quickly.

我藏哪儿啊这是
Where should I hide it?

试试
Give it a try.

舒服
It’s comfortable.

妈 有我的吗
Mom, is there one for me?

有 都有
Yes. One for everyone.

老伴儿
My old man.

我那个就枕头呢
Where is my old pillow?

大伟
Dawei!

哎哎哎 来喽 来喽 来喽
Yes, I’m coming. I’m coming.

爸 您老什么指示
Dad, what’s your instruction?

你爸我那个就枕头给我藏哪儿了
Where did you hide my old pillow?

嚷嚷什么呀
What are you yelling about?

我们都是为你好
We did it all for your good.

是啊 爸
Yes, Dad.

换枕头也不是针对您一个人
The action to change pillows is not aimed at you alone.

咱们全家这枕头
All the pillows of our family

都已经更新换代了
have been replaced with new ones.

可我原来那个旧枕头还没有坏呢
But my original pillow has not been broken.

这不是浪费嘛
Isn’t it a waste?

去把我那枕头还给我
Go and get back my old pillow.

老伴儿 那新的都买来了
My old man, we’ve bought new ones.

要旧的还干什么呀
Why do you still want your old one?

是啊 爸爸
Right, Dad,

那个新枕头都已经都换上了
all the new pillows have been put in place.

你就别再怀旧了
You’d better stop being nostalgic.

好了 老伴儿
Okay, my old man,

咱们家所有的新枕头
of all the new pillows,

你喜欢哪个随便挑
you can pick any one you like best.

您随便挑
You can choose any of them.

我一个也不要
I want none.

***

在汉语中
In Chinese,

这是一个表示完全否定的表达式
this is a completely negative sentence pattern.

比如 你说什么
EG: What did you say?

我一句都没听懂
I didn’t understand even a single sentence.

老张 你刚才跟那个外国人说什么呢
Lao Zhang, what did you talk about with that foreigner?

你听得懂他说的话吗
Did you understand what he said?

听的懂 他叫罗斯
Yes, I did. His name is Ross.

我在教他说汉语
I’m teaching him spoken Chinese

嗬 还当上老师了
Huh, you’ve become a teacher now!

他也是我的老师
He is also my teacher.

我刚跟他学了几句英语
I’ve learned a few English sentences from him.

说给我们听听
Say a few words for us to listen to.


Okay.

“你好”是“嚎……” “嚎”什么呢
“Ni hao” is “How…how…”

我会说 “谢谢”
I can say “”xie xie”.

“谢谢” 是
It is…

哎呀 我怎么一句都没记住
oh! I didn’t remember even a single word.

苏珊 刚从学校回来啊
Susan, just back from school?

不是 今天下午没有课 我去逛街了
No. We had no class today. I went shopping.

买什么好东西了
What did you buy?

什么也没买
Nothing at all.

我本来是想去买几件夏天的衣服
Originally I wanted to buy some clothes for summer.

可是转了半天 一件也没看上
I visited several shops, but none of the clothes caught my fancy.

***

那就试试吧
But I’d better give it a try

看看是不是习惯习惯就习惯了
to see if I can get used to it gradually.

哟 你起来了 几点了
Oh, why you got up? What time is it?

夜里三点
Three after midnight.

三点
Three?

你小点儿声
Be quiet.

三更半夜的别扰民
Don’t disturb the others in this dead of night.

你还知道扰民啊
You even know not to disturb the others?

深更半夜不睡觉干吗呢
Why are you not sleeping in this dead of night?

我枕头啊让我一丝睡意都没有
My pillow made me sleepless.

不是说习惯习惯就习惯了嘛
Didn’t you say you’d get used to it gradually?

我咬着牙试着习惯半天了
I gritted my teeth to try to get used to it.

我就是习惯不了
But I couldn’t.

别废话 躺下
Stop your nonsense. Lie down.

我就怀念我那老枕头啊
I miss my old pillow.

荞麦皮的大枕头
How I miss my big buckwheat husk pillow!

哎哟 荞麦皮的大枕头
Oh, my big buckwheat husk pillow,

老李想你呀
Lao Li missing you!

Advertisements