Subtitles for Episode 69 – Chinese Fast Food

快点儿
Hurry up!

啊 怎么了
Ah, what’s the hurry?

有追兵
Someone is chasing me.


What?

麦苗 苏珊在哪儿
Mai Miao, where’s Susan?

这儿呢
She is here.

苏珊
Susan.

都是你
You let me down.

苏珊 我想
Susan, I would like to…

请客
Take me a dinner?

你怎么知道 太聪明了
How do you know? You’re so clever!

简直是一个神童
You’re as clever as a prodigy.

也不算太神吧
Not really.

反正你一见着苏珊就要请客
Anyway, whenever you see Susan, you always take her to dinner.

都半个月了
It’s been like this for a half month now.

你干吗总要请我吃饭
Why do you always take me to dinner?

吃饭的时候可以聊聊天 聊聊地
When we eat, we can always chat.

汉语里没有“聊聊地”这个词
You can “liáo liáotiān” but never “liáo liáo de”.

我们是老乡嘛
We’re fellow Americans

请老乡吃一顿饭总是可以的
It is normal for fellow Americans to eat together.

你都拒绝我手指头这么多次了
You have refused me for these many times.

把你脚趾头也算上吧
Perhaps you have also to use your toes to calculate.

俗话说“老乡见老乡”
The saying goes, “When two folks meet away from home,

两眼泪汪汪”
they can’t help brusting into tears.”

苏珊 你别拒绝他了
Susan, please don’t refuse him.

你要再拒绝他 他就该哭了
If you refuse him again, he will cry.

我不哭
No, I won’t cry.

苏珊今天不答应我 我就
If Susan refuses me today, I will…

你就怎么样
What will you do?

我就 我就 不怎么样
I will, I will… I will do nothing.

那那那好吧 我答应你
Okay, I accept your invitation.

真的 我太高兴了
Really? I’m so happy!

对不起
Sorry.

不不不
No, no, no.

我说我答应你
I said I accepted your invitation.

不过我有一个要求
But I have a request.

什么要求
What request?

要想请我吃饭
If you want to have dinner with me,

你必须要亲手做一道中国菜
you must personally cook one Chinese dish for me.


Ah?

中国菜 美国菜不行吗
Chinese dish? How about an American dish?

不行 必须是中国菜
No. It must be a Chinese dish.

还得是亲手做的
And you must cook it yourself.


Well…

这个嘛 你慢慢想
Well, you’d better think it over.

麦苗 我们先走
Mai Miao, Let’s go.

苏珊 我答应你 等等我
Susan, I agree to your request. Wait for me.

来了 罗斯 请进
Hi, Ross. Come in, please.

麦苗
Mai Miao.

请坐 罗斯
Please sit down, Ross.

麦苗 你今天真漂亮
Mai Miao, you’re so beautiful today!

谢谢
Thank you.

你不会想让我替你做中国菜吧
You’re not going to let me cook a Chinese dish for you?

你太聪明了 比乐乐还要神童
You’re so clever, even clever than Le Le.

别 没这么表扬人的
No, you can’t praise people this way.

麦苗 你知道吗
Mai Miao, do you know

你是个很有爱心的人 对吧
you’re a very caring person?

别 你呀再怎么夸我也没用
It is no use praising me.

也许我说你不信
Maybe you don’t believe it.

其实吧 我也不太会做菜
Actually I’m not good either at cooking.

我相信
I believe it.

中国菜非常非常复杂
Chinese cuisine is very complicated.

像你那样的
A flippant,

“哼哼嘿哈”那个女孩掌握不了
fun-loving girl like you is not up to it.

那你还找我干吗呀
Why did you come to seek my help?

你认识一个非常会做中国菜的人
You know a man who is good at cooking Chinese food.

哦 你狡猾狡猾的
Oh, you’re so sly.

狡猾狡猾的 什么意思
“Jiǎohuá”? What does that mean?

小勇
Xiaoyong!

麦苗 来了 欢迎欢迎
Hi, Mai Miao. Welcome!

我也来了
I’m also here.

罗斯呢有件事儿想求你
Ross would like you to do him a favor.

你有事找我
You came to me for a favor, right?

你要干吗
What do you want?

别害怕 小勇 别害怕
Don’t be afraid. Don’t afraid.

怕 笑话 我会怕你
Afraid? Ridiculous! I’m not afraid of you.

都是你
It’s all because of you.

你为什么把中国菜做得那么好吃
Why do you cook Chinese food so deliciously?

苏珊现在要求我也必须会做
Susan asked me to do so, too.

要不然 就不跟他约会
Otherwise, she won’t go out with him.

所以 小勇
So, Xiaoyong,

我现在请你也必须收我做徒弟
you must accept me as your apprentice.

不行
No.

这要拜师呢 就得先鞠躬
If you regard him as your master, you must bow to him first.

师父 我给你鞠躬
Master, I’m bowing to you.

起来起来起来
Stand up.

不行 你不答应我 我就不起来
No. If you don’t accept me, I won’t stand up.

你现在呢不收也不行了
You can’t refuse him now.

都是你
You’re so meddlesome!

师父
Master.

别急别急啊 我得先问清楚了
Take it easy. I must get clear first

你到底想跟我学做什么菜
what kind of dish you want to learn from me.

最好吃的
The most delicious.

最好吃的
The most delicious?

这个范围太大了
It’s too large a category.

中国菜系很复杂
Chinese cuisine is very complicated.

分为川 鲁
It consists of eight major styles of cooking, such as Sichuan, Shandong,

粤 苏等八大菜系
Guangdong and Jiangsu.

每个菜系都有自己拿手的绝活
And each style has its own tour de force,

煎 炒 烹 炸 烧 烤 咕嘟 炖
involving, frying, stir-frying, boiling, deep-frying, stewing and roasting.

都是你 把罗斯给说晕了吧
You’re to blame for getting Ross so confused.

那来个简单的吧
Let’s have something simple.

我就教你做一道菜
I’ll just teach you how to cook one dish.

什么菜
What dish?

拍黄瓜
Squashed cucumber salad.

拍黄瓜
“Pāi huángguā”?

“拍黄瓜”就是
“Pāi huángguā” is a dish.

比如你现在是一只大黄瓜
Suppose you are a big cucumber.

还是个外国黄瓜
And also a foreign cucumber.

现在要拿你呢来做一道菜
Now I want to make a dish with you.

首先要考虑到刀功
First I m​​ust consider what kind of cutting method I should use.

刀法分为劈 切 割 斯
The cutting techniques include hacking, chopping, discarding and killing.

不用那么麻烦吧
It needn’t to be so troublesome.

那一刀拍下去不就得了嘛
It is just enough to smash the cucumber with the side of the knife.

那可不行
It won’t do.

不同刀法切出来的料
The cucumber cut out with different techniques

入味是不一样的
produces a different flavor.

还要考虑到要把这个黄瓜
You also have to think what kind of shape

加工成什么形状
you want to process the cucumber into.

比如有丝 块 片 段 条 茸 沫
Such as slivers, cubs, slices, slips, shreds, paste,

荔枝花 麦穗花 还有
litchi flowers, ears of wheat and…

好 停 外国黄瓜晕了
Okay, stop. This foreign cucumber has got confused.

拜拜吧
Bye-bye.

拜拜
Bye-bye.

都是你
You let me down.

还有别的花儿呢
There are many other floral shapes.

***

Dōu shì nǐ!
都 是 你!
It’s all because of you!

【都是你! 】

在汉语中“都是你”
In Chinese, “Dōu shì nǐ!!”

可以用来表示埋怨对方的语气
can be used to express a tone of blame.

各位 早上好
Hi, you guys. Good morning.

小伟 你怎么一副没睡醒的样子
Xiaowei, how come you look so sleepy?

都是你
It’s all because of you!

昨天让我喝那么浓的咖啡
You let me drink that stong coffee yesterday!

结果我到下半夜才睡
As a result I didn’t fall asleep until well after midnight.

真的吗 我太抱歉了
Really? I’m terribly sorry.

是下个路口左转吗
Is it that we should turn left at the next intersection?

我记得是
I remember so.

不对吧 怎么没见到那个大楼呢
I doubt it. Why, ​​we don’t see that big building?

那可能是我记错了
Perhaps I misremembered.

应该是第二个路口左转
we should turn left at the second intersection.

都是你 现在这里是单行线
It’s all because of you! Now it’s one-way traffic.

只能往前开了
I can only drive forward.

***

小勇 我发现中国菜最简单的
Xiaoyong, I find that the simplest Chinese food

就是中式快餐
is the Chinese-style fast food.

中式快餐
Chinese-style fast food?

对啊
Yes.

就是比拍黄瓜简单得多得多得多
It is even simpler than the squashed cucumber salad.

你是说把黄瓜洗洗直接咬着吃
You mean cucumber eaten directly after being washed?

你太聪明了
You’re so clever!


What?

对啊 就是这么简单
Yes, it’s just this simple.

直接咬着吃
You can eat it directly.

羊肉串
Lamb kebabs?

还有更简单的方法
An even simpler method.

直接生吃
Something eaten raw?

我请你帮忙
I want you to string

把羊肉穿成串
pieces of lamb with sticks.

我就负责
And I’ll be responsible…


Responsible for eating?

不不不 我负责烤
No. I’ll be responsible for grilling the meat.

哦 我看你比我聪明啊
Oh, I see, you are even cleverer than I am.

但是我也有一个要求
But I have a precondition.

什么要求
What precondition?

你必须邀请麦苗一起来
You must invite Mai Miao to come here too.

我也搭车浪漫约会
I’d also like to go along this romantic ride.

师父 你还挺聪明的嘛
Master, you’re so clever.

彼此彼此
You’re also very clever.

明天请客 中国菜 我做的
I’ll take you to dinner tomorrow, Chinese food cooked by me.

明天在小勇餐馆请客 欢迎光临
I’ll stand treat at Xiaoyong’s. You’re welcome to be there.

我我我
I… I… I…

苏珊 说话要算话
Susan, you must keep your word.

对对对 那那那好吧
Yes, yes. Okay.

对 麦苗 你明天跟我们一起去
Right. Mai Miao, please come with us tomorrow.

我 为什么呀
Me? Why?

因为那个
Because of that.

因为麦苗要是不去
Because if you don’t go, Mai Miao,

我怎么好意思一个人陪着罗斯去
I will feel awkaward to be with Ross.

罗斯 你说对不对
Do you think I’m right, Ross?

对 那都去吧
Yes. Please join us.

麦苗
Mai Miao,

你觉得罗斯的这个中式快餐会好吃吗
do you think Ross’s Chinese fast food will be delicious?

肯定难吃
It must be very nasty.

他做饭的水平不比我高
His cookery isn’t better than mine.

来了
The food is ready.

来了 中式快餐来了
The Chnese fast food is ready.

羊肉串
Mai Miao and Susan, lamb kebabs.

麦苗 快尝尝
Mai Miao, have a taste quickly.

请尝尝 我做的中式快餐
Please taste the Chinese fast food I’ve cooked.

好香 太好吃了
So tasty and so delicious!

谢谢谢谢
Thank you.

这个味道
The taste

不比我在大街上吃的差
is as good as that of the kebabs sold on the streets.

***

Tā zuò fàn de shuǐpíng bùbǐ wǒ gāo.
他做饭的水平不比我高。
His cooking skill isn’t any better than mine.

Zhè ge wèidào bùbǐ wǒ zài
这 个 味道 不比 我 在

dàjiēshàng chī de chà!
大街上 吃 的 差!
It isn’t less tasty than what I ate on the street.

【带“不比”的比较句】

在汉语中“不比”也可以用来表示比较
In Chinese, “bùbǐ” can also be used for comparison,

表示二者相差不明显
meaning the difference is not noticeable.

今天奶奶 妈妈都不在家
Today neither Granny nor Mom is at home.

那晚饭谁来做呀
Who will cook for me?

我来
I’ll do it.

爸爸 您会做吗
Dad, do you know how to cook?

当然了 我的手艺不比她们差
Of course. My cooking skill is about the same as theirs.

我有点怀疑
I’m a bit doubtful about it.

唐老师 您买菜去了
Prof. Tang, you bought some vegetables?

是啊
Yeah.

咱们小区新开的那个菜店还真不错
That newly opened grocery store in our residential-district is pretty good.

对 菜的品种不比超市的少
Yes. It doesn’t have fewer vegetable varieties than the supermarkets.

价格也比较便宜
And the prices are also reasonable.

而且离家近 更方便
It’s close to our homes, so it’s more convenient.

***

罗斯 你真了不起
Ross, you’re just great.

你这羊肉串烤得比小勇烤得好吃多了
Your lamb kebabs are more delicious than Xiaoyong’s.

啊 什么
Ah, what?

我同意
I agree with her.

我告诉你们
Let me tell you

烤羊肉串可是有讲究的
grilling lamb kebabs is skillful work.

要烤虑刀功 刀法
It requires special cutting techniques,

分为切 劈 剞 很复杂
such as chopping, hacking and discarding.

小勇 你落后了
Xiaoyong, your cookery is lagging behind.

你应该向罗斯好好学习
You should learn from Ross.

什么 我跟他学
What? You want me to learn from him?

还要考虑把羊肉加工作什么形状
You also have to think what kind of shape to process the meat into,

例如有丝 段 块 片
such as slivers, slips, cubes, slices,

条 茸 沫
strips, shreds, paste,

荔枝花 什么麦穂花 麦穂花
litchi flowers, and ears of wheat.

这听着耳熟
This sounds so familiar.

这么精辟的论述不比专业水平的低
Such incisive description is comparable to those professional ones.

小勇 你可得好好跟人家学习啊
Xiaoyong, you must seriously learn from him.

开玩笑 我
You’re kidding me.

怎么开玩笑了
Why am I kidding you?

让我跟你学 开国际玩笑
She asked me to learn from you. An international joke!

羊肉串 羊肉串 罗斯的羊肉串
Lamb kebabs grilled by Ross!

小勇 我求求你 不要在苏珊面前拆穿
Xiaoyong, I beg you not to uncover the truth before Susan.

现在是你拆我的台
You’re undercutting me.

麦苗都说你的手艺比我强了
Mai Miao said your skill is better than mine.

本来就是了
That’s true.

我烤的羊肉串就是比你做的好
The lamb kebabs cooked by me are better than that cooked by you.

你做的
Cooked by you?

连你刚才说的那些话都是我教的
Even those words you said had been taught by me.

哪串肉串是你穿的
Which skewer of lamb was prepared by you?

明明是我昨晚准备了半宿才弄好的
Clearly I prepared the kebabs until midnight last night.

如果不是我烤得好
If I didn’t grill the kebabs well,

就没有这个那么好吃 好不好
they wouldn’t taste so good.

羊肉串是七分制
Preparations account for 70% of the cooking of kebabs,

三分烤
whereas grilling accounts for only 30%.

要是没有我帮忙你能烤得那么好吃
If you didn’t have my help , could you grill the meat so well?

我就是烤得比你好吃
I grilled the meat better than you.

我就不要听
I don’t want to listen to you.

我腌制得好
I marinated the meat pretty well.

我听不懂 我听不懂
I don’t understand you.

那你就问问她们吧
Then just ask them.

苏珊
Susan.

麦苗
Mai Miao.

苏珊
Susan.

麦苗
Mai Miao.

Advertisements