Subtitles for Episode 74 – Custom T-shirts

哇 麦苗 你的衣服真好看
Wow, Mai Miao, your T-shirt is so impressive!

谢谢
Thanks

你别说 还是挺好看的
You bet. It does look very impressive

要是我也有这么一件衣服 肖静肯定会为我倾倒的
If I also had this kind of T-shirt, Xiao Jing would be definitely infatuated with me

八成啊得晕倒
Maybe she would pass out

麦苗 好好的一件衣服
Mai Miao, it was a very good shirt

你故意把它弄脏了呢
But why did you deliberately soil it?

跟踹了两脚似的
It looks like it has been stamped with two footprints

舅妈 这是我自己设计的
Aunt, it is my own design

你自己
Your own design?

当然了 好看吧
Of course. Is it pretty?

有创意
Very innovative!

个性 这叫个性
This is called originality

就像小伟那条裤子破了好几个洞的那个 一千多块呢
Just like that pair of pants of Xiaowei, despite those holes, the pants cost him more than 1000 yuan

啊 一千多块 小伟
What, 1000yuan? Xiaowei!

你买条裤子一千多块呢
The pants you bought cost you more than 1000 yuan?


i…

你这孩子你
You pampered child!

舅妈 大早上的您别说他
Aunt, you’d better not criticize him early in the morning

您先夸夸我这衣服
Praise my T-shirt first

一会儿再夸你的衣服啊
I’ll praise your T-shirt later

小伟 你花一千多块买条裤子
Xiaowei, you spent over 1000 yuan on this pair of pants?

我怎么不知道
Why didn’t I know anything about it?

谁让你和我妈说的
Who asked you to tell my mom about it?

你过来 那一千块钱买条裤子 怎么还那么多的洞
Come over here. Why the pants worth 1000 yuan bear so many holes

你知不知道你败家子儿啊
Do you know you are a prodigal son?

我哪败家子儿了
I’m not a prodigal son

你气死我了你
You pissed me off!

麦苗
Mai Miao

麦苗麦苗麦苗
Mai Miao Mai Miao

麦苗 你不冷啊
Mai Miao, aren’t you cold?

麦苗 你这件文化衫太棒了
Mai Miao, this cultural T-shirt of yours is so cool!

看出来哪儿好了吗 就乱夸一气
You’d better stop praising it before you know why it is so good

我都没觉得好
I didn’t find it any better than others

这个大脚丫是大了点儿
The footprints are a bit too big

设计得一般 印得也太糙
The design is just so-so, and the printing too rough

这可是麦苗自己设计的
It was designed by Mai Miao herself

哦 我说怎么又原生态的气息呢
Oh, no wonder I feel it a bit primitive!

带着那个什么野性的美感
It gives you an impression of some beauty

哎 你都快把我给说成动物了
Hey, you’ve nearly described me as an animal

还是猛兽
And even a beast of prey

麦苗 你太有艺术细胞了
Mai Miao, you’re full of artistic cells

我以后要对你刮目相看
From now on, I’ll look upon you in a different light

那这么说 以前你就没把我放在眼里了
Does this mean you used to look down on me in the past?

真是越说越拧了
The more we talk, the more misunderstanding arises

麦苗 你帮我设计一件怎么样
Mai Miao, can you design one for me?

不管
No
不管
No?

我是说不是让你设计一件
I didn’t mean to ask you to design just for one T-shirt

是设计很多件 让更多的人看到你的艺术作品
But for many, many T-shirts so that more people will be able to see your art


Oh?

这不是夏天快到了吗 我想让你帮忙 帮我们餐馆每个服务员设计一件文化衫
As summer is drawing near, I’d like you to help me design a cultural T-shirt for each of the waitresses working here

作为我们餐馆夏季主打个性制服
They are going to be our restaurant’s most innovative uniform for the summer season

真的
Really?

当然是真的
Of course

你够聪明的嘛
You’re so clever

这是必须的
I have to be

你们这是要干吗呀
What are you guys doing here?

我是想让麦苗帮忙 帮我的餐馆服务员设计一批个性文化衫
I just want Mai Miao to help me design a set of original cultural T-shirt

作为我餐馆的夏季主打个性制服
I want them to be the principal summer uniform of my restaurant

那不就是工作服嘛
Aren’t they just working clothes

那你们也用不了这么多涂料啊
But you don’t need this much dye

你别说往文化衫上画画了
You’re just painting pictures on the T-shirts

就是通通染一遍也不需要这么多啊
But the dye here is more than enough to have all the T-shirts re-dyed

我跟你们说啊
Let me tell you

这样做非常不环保
The way you are doing it is not environmentally friendly

我们这些都是环保颜料
All these types of dye are environmental friendly


Yes, they are

啊 都环保啊
Oh, all environmentally friendly?

那行 那行 那随便画
Okay, okay. Just go on painting what you like

那你们打算画什么图案啊
What patterns do you want to paint?

我这不也正发愁呢嘛
That’s exactly what I’m worrying about

搞艺术的不容易啊
Being an artist is no easy job

追姑娘更不容易吧
Perhaps chasing girls is more difficult


Yeah

回来了
I’m back

哟 你们这干什么呢
Hey, what are you doing?

哟 怎么买那么多涂料
Why did you buy so much paint?

搞装修呢
Are you fixing up an apartment?

带我一个
May I join you?

不是 是这么回事儿啊
No, that’s not true

小勇啊要给他们餐厅的每一个服务员都绘制一件文化衫作为他们的餐厅夏季主打个性制服
Xiaoyong wants a painted cultural T-shirt for each of his employees so that they’ll have a set of innovative uniforms for the summer

哦 那不就是工作服嘛
Aren’t they just working clothes?

你们要画什么图案啊
What kind of patterns are you going to paint?

我跟麦苗也正发愁呢
That’s exactly what I and Mai Miao are worrying about

我们搞艺术的不容易啊
Being artists is no easy job

哎 不行
Oh, no

***
怎么你故意把它弄脏了? Zen me gu yi ba ta nong zang le?
Why did you deliberately soil it on purpose?

怎么买那么多涂料 Zen me mai le zhe me duo tu liao?
Why did you buy so much paint?

在汉语口语中 “怎么” 除了可以用来询问方式以外还可以用来询问原因
In spoken Chinese “zen me” can mean how as well as why

***

老板 这件衣服能不能再便宜一点儿
Sir, can you make it a bit cheaper?

不行 二百块钱已经很便宜了
No. 200 yuan is already very cheap

那我们走吧 苏珊
Let’s go, Susan

你不是挺喜欢的吗
Didn’t you say you liked it?

怎么又不买了
Why did you give it up?

别急 他准得让咱们回去
Take it easy. I’m sure he would ask us to come back

两位 别走啊
Hey you two, don’t go away

咱们再商量商量
We can talk further about it

一百八怎么样
How about 180?

***

王阿姨 您锻炼回来了
Aunt Wang, you’re back from your workout?

回来了 你这是要去上班吧
Yeah. Are you going to work?


Sure

啊 你今天怎么改骑自行车了
Gee, how come you’ve switched to riding a bicycle?

为了环保 我现在每个星期有两天不开车
For the sake of environmental protection, I don’t drive for two days every week

***

哎 画什么好呢
Oh, what should we paint?

要不还是画你的双脚吧
How about painting your feet on the T-shirt?

画双脚好
It’s a good idea to paint the feet

画个脚丫子 是吧
The feet, right?

如果身上画个脚丫子 你想你的客人来你的餐馆吃饭一看你工作服的脚丫子马上想起芥末鸭掌
If the T-shirt is painted with two feet, the customers eating at your restaurant will see two feet on the uniform and instantly associate it with the-duck feet in mustard

哎呀呀呀 妈妈
Oh, Mom

您这都什么联想啊
What kind of associative thinking you have!

我觉得吧 这个这个应该往文化衫上写一些有意义的东西
I think the cultural T-shirt should bear something meaningful words

你比如说写上 爱护环境人人有责 是吧
For example, “It is everyone responsibility to protect the environment”

这个有意义
This is very meaningful

这个也不行 太没创意了
Not good either, lacking innovation

还不如画一垃圾箱呢
A garbage can is a lot better

垃圾箱
A garbage can?

太辱没我的艺术才华
You’re trying to disgrace my artistic talent

就是就是
Exactly, exactly

所以我觉得还是画脚印好
So I think it’s better to paint footprints

我觉得这样 画一只烧鸡 然后还这样冒着烟
I think you should paint a roast chicken, which is still smoking

然后客人一来 你看 这这
Once the customers see it, they…

哎哟 妈妈 太俗气了
Oh, mom, it’s too low-taste

还不如画大恐龙呢 大恐龙
Painting a dinosaur is much better

我觉得心心相印
I suggest painting a double heart

还是脚印好
A pair of footprints is better

心心相印
A double heart!

各位各位各位
All right, everybody

大家伙看法不一致
We have different opinions

何苦为这么点儿事儿 嚷得脸红脖子粗呢
Just because of this small matter, we shouldn’t get angry with each other

我有一个建议
I have a suggestion

要不这么着啊 这个麦苗啊 把咱们的提案分别各做一件
How about letting Mai Miao paint each of the designs a pieces?

然后拿到餐厅里呢 去给那些顾客们看 是吧
Then take them to the dining room for the customers to see?

试验一下
Let’s have an experiment.

顾客们喜欢哪个咱们就做哪个不就完了吗
Whichever the customers like best should be chosen as the pattern to paint

也只好这样了啊
This may be the only solution

搞艺术的太不容易了
Being an artist is no easy job

爷爷好
Hi, Grandpa

好好好 小勇呢
Hi. Where’s Xiaoyong?

什么事儿
What is it?

我说你们俩穿的这叫什么这是
What are you wearing, the two of you?

像什么啊这是
What do they look like?

爷爷 您别生气
Grandpa, don’t be angry

这是我在搞夏季制服试验
We’re having an experiment to determine our summer uniform

可以提升我们在顾客心中的品牌形象
This will promote our brand image among the customers

试验啊 效果怎么样
An experiment? Does it have any effect?

效果还行 我很有信心
It does. I’m confident

苏珊
Susan

您好 打扰一下
Hi, excuse me

你觉得我衣服上的图案怎么样
What do you think of the pattern on my T-shirt?

我现在吃着红烧猪脚
Right now I’m eating braised pork trotters

你来跟我说这个
But you’re talking to me about this!

梅子
Meizi

您好 本店特推出个性制服
Hello, this restaurant has adopted a set of innovative uniforms

想征求客人的意见
We would like to solicit your opinion about them

您看 这图案您喜欢吗
Look, do you like this pattern?

我这还没有吃完呢 你就让我倒垃圾箱里
I haven’t finished my meal yet, and you want me to dump it into the garbage can?

你们也太急了点儿
You’re a bit too pushy

对不起 我不是这个意思
I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that

你瞧瞧 你瞧瞧 为了几件大背心 让顾客对咱们小店有意见
Look, look, just because of a few tank tops we have offended our customers

你何必呀
There is no need to do so

虽然有的顾客不能接受 但是我这试验不能半途而废呀
Though some customers can’t accept it, we mustn’t give up our experiment halfway

为什么 你吃饱撑的
Why? You don’t have anything else to do?

爷爷 这些都是麦苗自己设计的
Grandpa, all these are designed by Mai Miao.

麦苗
Maimiao?

好 一定坚持 坚持啊
Good. You must keep at it

要有信心
You must be confident

***

何苦为这么点儿事儿 嚷得脸红脖子粗呢 He ku wei zhe me dianr shi rang de lian hong bo zi cu ne?
It’s not worth while arguing so excitedly about such a trifle?

在汉语口语中”何苦”和”呢” 一起使用 表达一种反向的语气 是不必要或者不知道做某事的意思
In spoken Chinese, “he ku” used together with “ne” expresses a rhetorical mood, and means it is not necessary or worthwhile to do something

***

苏珊 我看你还是下去跟罗斯谈谈吧
Susan, I think you’d better go downstairs and talk with Ross

我不下去
No, I won’t go

我觉得腻要是不喜欢他 就直接对他讲
I think if you really don’t like him, you should talk direct to him about it

让他每天这样唱啊唱的 何苦呢
It’s not worthwhile to keep him singing like this everyday

我早就说过我不喜欢他
I’ve long told him I don’t like him

可他就是不死心
But he just won’t give up

你说我该怎么办
Tell me what I should do

***

老李 不就是丢了几十块钱嘛
Lao Li, isn’t it just a loss of a few dozen kuai?

你何苦为这点儿小事生气呢
It isn’t worthwhile to get angry about such a trifle?

我能不生气嘛
How can I not be angry?

几十块钱 这可是我半个月的零花钱哪
That few dozen kuai is equal to my pocket money for half a month

行了 别生气了
Now, don’t be angry anymore

我再给你点儿钱
Here’s some more money for you

还是我老伴儿对我好
You’re so good to me, my dear wife!

***

小勇
Xiaoyong

你那文化衫的试验效果怎么样
How is your experinment with the cultural T-shirt going?

这个搞艺术不容易呀
Doing artistic work is not easy

啊 什么意思啊
What do you mean?

这个这个 小勇同学 那个文化衫的统计结果出来没有啊
Well, well, Xiaoyong, has the statistics about the cultural T-shirts come out?

出来了
Yes

顾客喜欢吗
Do the customers like them?

反正我还是比较有信心
Anyway, I’m confident

我爷爷也是
So is my grandpa

那顾客们到底喜欢哪种设计方案
What design do the customers like best?

是不是我这个
Is it my design?

爱护环境人人有责呀
“It is everyone responsibility to protect the environment”

不会 肯定是我的垃圾桶
It can’t be. It must be my garbage can

肯定是我这双大脚印
It must be my footprints

这个
Well

快说 到底哪个图案最受欢迎
Tell us quickly which design they like best?

应该说 顾客的口味还是比较杂的
I should say the customers have diversified tastes

有的喜欢辣的 有的喜欢酸的 有的呢就喜欢甜
Some like spicy food, some like sour food; and some like sweet food

反正是众口难调
Anyway, it is difficult to cater for all tastes

小勇 你是说的文化衫呢 还是说的满汉全席
Xiaoyong, are you talking about cultural T-shirts, or the Man-Han banquet?

那个小勇 顾客到底喜欢哪种设计方案啊
Xiaoyong, which design do the customers like best?

实话说 一种都没有
To tell you the truth none of them

啊一种都没有
Oh, none of our designs?

但是你们的得票数都比较接近
But the votes you got are about the same

这还差不多
That’s more like it

小勇 那你究竟想选哪种图案 作为你们的夏季制服呢
Xiaoyong, which design do you want to choose for your summer uniform?

这个 我想 这个
Well, I think

快说
Tell us quickly

我想可能大概再试验几个月
I think perhaps the experiment has to go on for several months

还试验啊
Is further experiment necessary?

再试验几个月 那不到冬天了嘛
It will be winter if you continue the experiment for several months

文化衫是穿不上了
It would be impossible for your staff to wear a cultural T-shirt

改穿文化棉袄了
They may have to wear a cultural cotton-padded jacket


Yes

麦苗 你帮我设计设计文化棉袄吧
Mai Miao, let me help you design the cultural cotton-padded jacket

Advertisements