Subtitles for Episode 75 – The Diligent Student

动画片开始了
The cartoon has started.

哎哎哎 你写完作业了吗
Eh, eh, have you finished your homework yet?

作业写完了
Yes, I have

那你功课复习了吗
Have you reviewed your old lessons?

复习了 连新课都预习了
Yes, I even previewed the new lesson

那可以
Okay

看电视
I want to watch television

哎哎哎 那你可以补习一下课外知识了啊 <唐诗三百首>
Eh, eh, you can brush up your extracurricular reading, “300 Tang Poems”

老爸 咱俩商量个事儿啊
Dad, can we discuss something?

我想看会儿动画片再背
May I watch the cartoon before the recital?

不行 听话啊 好孩子
No, you must listen to me. Be good

听话 怎么都是我听你话呀
Listen to you? I always listen to you

什么时候你才能听我话呀
When till you listen to me?

你什么时候当我爸爸 我就听你话了
When you’re my dad, I will listen to you

怎么办
It’s impossible

你爸爸的位置已经被我爷爷给占了
The post of your dad has been taken by grandpa

所以嘛 你只能乖乖地我话 开始
So you must be docile. Start

<春晓> 孟浩然
“Dawn of Spring” by Meng Haoran

春眠不觉晓 处处闻啼鸟 夜来风雨声 花落知多少
“I wake up at the dawn of spring. And hear the birds everywhere sing. As sounded the wind and rain overnight, I wonder how many blooms alight”

<春晓> 孟浩然
“Dawn of Spring” by Meng Haoran

春眠不觉晓 好想睡一觉
“I wake up at the dawn of spring.” How I wish I could go on sleeping.

乐乐 乐乐 作业做完了吗
Le Le, Le Le, have you finished your homework?

做完了
Yes, I have

那太好了 踢球去
Wonderful! Let’s go play soccer.

自己踢去吧 注意安全
Pay attention to safety

我是特意来找你踢球的
I came just for playing soccer with you

我要背这个
I have to recite this

这是什么呢
What is this?

<唐诗三百首>
“300 Tang Poems”

我要当诗人
I want to be a poet

得了吧
Forget it

诗人可不是那么容易当的
It isn’t that easy to be a poet

这是作业
This is my homework

你不是说作业已经做完了吗
Didn’t you say you had done your homework?

学校的作业做完了
I have finished the homework assigned by my teacher

这是家长的作业
This is the homework assigned by my dad

人生啊就是这样的 愁哦
Oh, this is life! I’m so unhappy!

乐乐 你才多大就会发愁了
Le Le, small as you are, you know what unhappy means?

这个没有压力哪来的动力呀 是吧
No pressure, no motivation, right?

像乐乐这么大的孩子都在背唐诗呢
All children Le Le’s age recite Tang Poems

你不背行吗孩子
So you have to recite them , too

你知道我为什么发愁吗
You know why I’m so unhappy?

就是因为我摊上了一这么样的老爸
Just because I happens to have this kind of dad

等你摊上这么样的一个老爸 你也愁
When you also happens to have this kind of dad, you’ll be also unhappy

哎哎 怎么说话呢这是
Eh, eh, what are you talking about?

摊上我怎么了
What’s wrong with my being your dad?

你爷爷不在吧
Your grandpa is not home, right?

不在
No

我也摊上这么一老爸
I also happen to have this kind of dad

我小时候管我比他管得严多了 你知道吗
In my childhood, he disciplined me a lot stricter than I discipline you

你知道我那时早起晚睡呀我得
Do you know I got up early and went to bed late?

不对吧
I don’t think so

听奶奶说你小时候特淘气吧
I heard from Granny you were very naughty as a child

经常上掏鸟蛋
You often climbed trees to collect bird eggs

还把裤子给刮破了
And even slit your trousers

是 我是经常掏鸟蛋 但是那也是超额完成学习任务之后
I did often go nesting, but only after I had over-fulfilled my schoolwork

我通常都学习到很晚
I often did my homework late into the night

那你只能半夜爬树掏鸟蛋了
So you had to go nesting only after midnight?

可不是嘛 可辛苦了
Yes indeed. Very rough times I had!

咱别聊那个掏鸟蛋的问题了
Let’s stop talking about go nesting

咱们现在说的是乐乐学习的问题
We should talk about Le Le’s schoolwork

对对对
Yes, yes

我觉得乐乐把作业做完就可以玩了
I think Le Le can go and play after he has done his homework

我觉得还不行
I don’t think so

他必须要背完这个唐诗以后才能玩
He can play only after he has finished reciting the Tang poem

可这种硬背下来的东西 对孩子有多少好处呢
But something learned by rote could hardly do the kid any good

这样吧 要不把乐乐交给我
How about leaving Le Le with me?

得了吧 你教育不了乐乐
Forget it. You can’t discipline Le Le

他太顽皮了
He is too naughty

顽皮是孩子的天性
Naughtiness is children’s inborn instinct

乐乐有玩乐的权利
Le Le has the right to play

我要权利
I want this right

你没有找你爸爸要权利的权利
You have no right to ask for the right from your dad

乐乐 你有一个可怕的爸爸 拜拜
Le Le, you have a horrible father Bye-bye

接着背<春晓>
Go on reciting “Dawn of Spring”

***

得了吧诗人可不是那么容易当的 De le ba, shi ren ke bus hi na me rong yi dang de
Forget it. It isn’t that easy to be a poet!

得了吧 你教育不了乐乐, 他太顽皮了 De le ba, ni jiao yu bu liao Le Le, ta tai wan pi le
Forget it. You can’t discipline Le Le. He is too naughty

在汉语中 “得了吧” 可以用来表示 不相信对方的能力
In Chinese, “de le ba” may be used to mean that you do not believe someone’s ability

***

爸 晚上咱俩下两盘棋吧
Dad, can we play a couple of rounds of chess tonight?

我们单位要组织比赛了 我先练练 争取得个冠军
Our workplace is going to hold a contest. I want have a practice so that I can win the championship

行啊
Sure

你想当冠军 得了吧
You want to win the championship? Forget it!

你不信啊
You don’t believe I can?

明天我就拿个冠军回来给你看
I’ll let you see when I come back as the champion tomorrow

来吧 你先赢了我再说
Come on. You’d better talk about it after you’ve beaten me

***

小勇 我想跟爷爷学太极剑
Xiaoyong, I want to learn Taiji swordplay from Grandpa

你觉得怎么样
What do you think?

你得了吧 上次的骑马蹲挡还没练好呢
Forget it. You haven’t practiced pas de cheval well enough

这次我一定更努力
This time I’ll redouble my effort

一定要学好
I’ll do my best to learn it

既然你下了决心 那就跟爷爷说吧
Since you’ve made up your mind, you may go and talk to Grandpa yourself

***

再见 老爸再见 再见
Goodbye, Dad. Goodbye, goodbye

老爸再见 再见老爸
Dad, goodbye. Goodbye, Dad

老爸再见老爸再见 再见
Dad, goodbye. Dad, goodbye.

我爸爸今天加班
My dad is working an extra shift

没人管我了
So no one would discipline me

那你今天就不用加吗了小蜗牛
So you don’t have to do some extra homework, Little snail

什么小蜗牛
What do you mean Little Snail?

你可以想象一下呀 天天背着大书包 学的东西比山高
Just imagine, carrying a big schoolbag on his back everyday and the things to learn are higher than a mountain

乐乐 我们带你去吃好吃的
Le Le, I’ll take you to eat some nice food.

对对对 去放松一下
Yes, just relax for a while

耶 太好了
Yeah, that’s great!

我得带上<唐诗三百首>啊
But I have to bring “300 Tang Poems” with me

你爸不在家
Your dad is not home

你还要背诗呢
You still have to recite those poems?

是啊 我爸回来要检查的
Yes, my dad will check when he is back

哎呀 你别担心
Oh, don’t worry

是我们不让你带书的
Tell him we didn’t allow you take the book with you

到时候 我们给你作证
When he asks, we will testify to you innocence

嗯 除了麦苗 我也会为你作证的
Yea, in addiction to Mai Miao, I can also testify for you

谢谢你们
Thank you

不过我还得带上
But I still have to bring it with me

这个小蜗牛的名字还挺形象的
Little Snail, what a figurative name!

走到哪儿还要背着东西呢
He has to carry something on his back wherever he goes

是啊 要是不背上东西 那不就成了鼻涕虫了
Right. If he didn’t carry it with him, he would become a slug

什么鼻涕虫
What slug?

背不出诗来爸爸要骂的
If he is unable to recite some poem, his dad will scold him

可怜的乐乐
Poor Le Le!

走走走
Let’s go

走啊 我们去吃饭
Let’s go to eat

走吧走喽
Let’s go

乐乐 你天天背书
Le Le, you learn tests by rote every day

得消耗多少脑细胞啊
A lot of brain cells have been used up

你多吃一点啊
So you must eat more

别 别再让他吃了
No, don’t ask him to eat anymore

这别为了补脑细胞 再得了胃穿孔
You mustn’t strengthen his brain cells to end up in stomach perforation

对啊 大伟那么管乐乐
Right. Dawei disciplines Le Le so strictly

怎么就没有人提意见呢
But why no one has ever disapproved of him?

大哥做得又没错
My cousin hasn’t done anything wrong

小勇 结账
Xiaoyong, the check, please

鱼香肉丝十八 烤鸭六十八
18 for fish-flavored Pork, 68 for roast duck

砂锅排骨三十二 加上主食四块
32 for spare ribs in casserole, plus 4 for the rice

一百二十二
All together 122.

哎呀 别捣乱
Oh, don’t meddle with us

应该是一百一十二
It should be 112

一百一十二 你算错了吧
112? You miscalculated

不可能
Impossible

小勇 他们俩都在这儿算账
Xiaoyong, they are both here doing the calculation

一个一百一十二 一个说一百二十二
One said 112, and other said 122

他们哪个对呀
Which one of them is right?

都不对 这回的餐费是零元
None of them is right. The cost is zero yuan

喝多了吧你
Did you drink too much?

我给你们免单了
I have exempted you from payment

再免单也得有个数啊
Despite the exemption, there must be a figure of the payment

哦 谁算的一百一十二
Oh, who said it was 112?

太粗心了 一定是乐乐
Too careless! It must be Le Le

年级小啊没关系
It doesn’t matter since you’re still young

下次改正就行了
It’s okay if you can correct it

喂喂 是我算的
Hey, hey, it was my calculation

你算的
Your calculation?

下次来上班的时候 可千万别管结账
When you come to work next time, make sure not to do anything with settling accounts

赔光了我都不知道
I wouldn’t know a thing when I was broke

乐乐 你告诉我你是怎么猜对的
Le Le, tell me how you guessed it right

不是猜 我这是心算
I didn’t guess. I calculated it in my heart

我怀疑你是蒙的
I suspect it was a shot in the dark

蒙的 你可以考我呀
A shot in the dark? You can test me now

那我可不客气
Then I would take your word seriously

十八乘于九等于多少
What’s the result of 18 times 9?

一百六十二
162

九百六十二乘于一千七百二十九等于多少
962 multiplied by 1729?

一百六六万三千二百九十八
1663298

***

除了麦苗 , 我也会为你作证 Chu le Mai Miao, wo ye hui wei ni zuo zheng
In addiction to Mai Miao, I can also vouch for you

在汉语中, 这个句式表示在A之外还有B
In Chinese, this sentence pattern means in addiction to A, B also…

而这个句式则表示B中不包括A
And this sentence pattern means B does not include A

***

苏珊 你们班同学都是从美国来的吗
Susan, are all your classmates from America?

不是 我们班的同学是从不同国家来的
No. my classmates are form many different countries.

哦 有哪些国家
Oh. What countries are they?

除了美国以外还有美国日本韩国新西兰等等
In addiction to America, also Britain, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand and so on

***

麦苗 这个句子我不太明白
Mai Miao, I don’t quite understand this sentence

这辆自行车除了铃不响 别的地方哪儿都响
Except the bell, every part of the bicyle clinks

这是什么意思呀
What does that mean?

你觉得自行车应该哪儿响
What part of a bicycle should clink?

哪儿不响呢
And what parts should not clink?

这车是好车吗
Is it a very good bicycle?

哦 我懂了 真幽默
Oh, I see. It’s so humorous!

***

九百六十二乘以一千七百二十九等于多少
What is the result of 962 multiplied by 1729?

我看看 看看
Let me take a look

哇塞 乐乐 你肯定是班里最聪明的孩子
Wow, Le Le, you must be the cleverest child in your class!

除了我以外 别人也很聪明
In addiction to me, others are also very clever

都像你这样子吗
Are they all like you?

甚至有人比我更聪明
Some are even cleverer than I am

真的呀
Really?

这个叫心算 是现在很多小孩子要练 的一种童子功
This is called mental arithmetic, a kind of kung-fu many children are learning to master

还有这种功夫
Is there also such a kind of kung-fu?

算是吧
You may count it as one

苏珊 我很小的时候 打扰就教我背九九乘法表了
Susan, when I was still a child, the adults already taught me the multiplication table.

现在 除了九九乘法表之外 还有很多 比如说
In addition to the multiplication table, there are many other things to leatn. For example

比如<唐诗三百首>
For example, “300 Tang Poems”

这个呢就像盖楼打地基一样 地基越深 以后楼盖得就越高
It’s like the foundation of a building, the deeper the foundation the taller the building

所以 你以后再碰到会心算的消耗 就别大惊小怪了
So when you meet a child, who is capable of mental arithmetic next time, you shouldn’t surprised anymore

我明白了
I see

看来吃苦确实是有必要的
It seems necessary to learn hard

乐乐 你这童子功还得练啊
Le Le, you have to go on practicing the prodigy kung fu

乐乐 我也要跟你一块练
Le Le, I want to practice it with you

啊 你这岁数练童子功啊
What? You’re too old to practice the prodigy kung-fu

太晚了
It’s too late

不晚 快练吧
No. you can take a crash course

再算账就不会输给小孩儿了
So when you settle an account, you won’t lose to a kid again

小勇 以后我来管结账 保证不会让你赔
Xiaoyong, if you let me take charge of settling accounts in the future, I guarantee you will lose no money


What?

Advertisements