Subtitles for Episode 81 – Protector of the Environment

兔兔快跑 兔兔快跑 狼来了
Little Rabbit, run fast! Run fast. The wolf is coming.

快跑啊你 加快速度
Run faster, faster!

哎呀 狼啊 慢点儿慢点儿慢点儿
Oh, Gray Wolf, you’d better go slowly.

兔兔 快点儿快点儿快点儿
Little Rabbit, faster! Faster!

快点儿快点儿 小兔兔
Come on, Little Rabbit!

乐乐 大白天你干吗呢
Le Le, what are you doing in this bright daylight?

扮超人啊 给我摘了
Are you playing Superman? Take it down.

我里面没衣服 不好吧
I don’t have any clothes on. It would be inappropriate.

不是你没穿衣服啊 在这儿干吗呢
You’re not wearing any clothes? Why?

我要洗澡
I want to take a bath.

兔兔 快跑 快跑快跑
Little Rabbit, run fast!

哥哥 您洗澡啊您到浴室洗去
Le Le, if you want to take a bath, you should go to the bathroom.

在这儿只能干搓
You can only rub yourself here.

我在放水呢
I have turned on the water.

快跑快跑
Run faster!

乐乐 你又要泡澡是吧
Le Le, why do you take a bath again?

我不是跟大家伙说了嘛
Have I told you all

这个洗澡要环保 改用淋浴嘛
to take showers instead of baths to protect our environment?

下回再改
I’ll take a shower next time.

不是 你什么时候放水的
When did you turn on the water?

在小兔被大灰狼发现之前
Before the Little Rabbit was discovered by the Gray Wolf.

这个么计时方式这是
What kind of time keeping method is this?

我说你什么时候打开那水龙头的
I’m asking you when you turned on the water.

大灰狼睡醒之前
Before the Gray Wolf woke up.

兔兔快跑 快跑
Little Rabbit, run fast, run fast.

兔兔快跑 狼来了 兔兔快跑
Little Rabbit, run fast. The wolf is coming.

乐乐 那水都浸出来了
Le Le, the water is overflowing from the bathtub.

你怎么不在旁边看着呀你
Why didn’t you stand here to be on the watch?

放一缸水很无聊
What a bore to fill up a bathtub with water.

时间太长了
It takes a long time.

快跑快跑快跑
Run fast! Run fast!

你那么点个儿
For a boy your size,

你放一点儿水不就行了嘛
you don’t need this much water.

那我的潜艇和战船怎么打仗啊
But my submarines and warships have to fight each other?

你又跟孩子嚷嚷什么呢
What are you hollering about at the kid?

爸 他洗澡
Dad, he is taking a bath.

他又弄 一缸水
But he has got a tubful of water.

那不放那么多水
If he doesn’t have enough water,

他那战船和那个潜艇怎么打仗啊
how can he make his warships fight his submarines?

啊 不是 爸爸
Oh, dad,

说实在的 您太宠孩子了
to be honest, you’re overindulging the child.

大伟 你又在那儿喊什么呢
Dawei, what are you hollering about?

对对对 这有你
Yes, you, too.

咱不是都说好了嘛
Isn’t it agreed that

全家洗澡都用淋浴
we all should wash up by taking showers instead of baths.

那个乐乐说的
Le Le said

说那个泡澡啊就像妈妈温暖的怀抱
the tubful of water is like the warm bosom of his mother.

我觉得这个意境挺美的
I think it is a beautiful comparison.

美什么呀美
No, it is not.

李大伟 你不喜欢我的拥抱吗
Li Dawei, you don’t like my embrace?

这这 咱当着孩子咱以后再说这事儿啊
Well, we’d better not talk about it before the kid.

我宣布啊
I announce

我要召开家庭环保会议
that I want to hold a family environmental protection meeting.

我最讨厌开家庭会议
I’m sick of family meetings.

肯定是你们谁犯错误了
Some of you must have made a mistake.

这次是因我洗澡放水的事儿
It is about the bathwater I’m going to use.

又是因为你啊
It is because of you again.

你没事儿你洗什么澡啊
Why do you take a bath?

哎, 放水洗澡不是讲穷卫生嘛
Eh, it is more hygienic to take baths.

这犯什么错了
It isn’t something wrong.

哎呀 你哥说
Oh, your brother said

乐乐放了一大缸水 太浪费了
it was too wastefull for Le Le to take a bath in a tubful of water.

我的战船可都是巡洋舰哪
My warships are all cruisers.

要造出大海的气氛来
I want to create a seascape.

那样才有效果
I want that kind of effect.

都到了 好
Everybody is here? Okay.

下面我们开始开会啊
Now let’s start our meeting.

今天会议的议题是
The topic of today’s meeting is…

哎呀 就这么点小事儿
Oh, it’s such a trivial matter.

教育教育就完了
You can lecture him for his wrongdoing.

开什么家庭会议呀
There is no need to hold a family meeting.

这个爸爸 说实在的
Dad, to be honest.

这几件事情确实是小事
this is indeed a trivial matter.

不过这集中反映出咱们家人
But it epitomizes our family’s

环保意识有多么的差
poor awareness of environmental protection.

打击面可不要太大
You’d better limit the scope of attack.

就是 我可什么事儿都没干
Absolutely. I haven’t done anything wrong.

你 现在正在破坏人类资源
You are right now damaging the sources of energy.

我这有一组数据啊
According to statistics I’ve got,

全球每年要消耗掉一百五十万桶原油
1.5 million barrels of crude oil are used in the world yearly

来制造饮料瓶
to make beverage bottles

就因为有像你这样的人
just for the type of people like you.

我 我这喝
I… am… drinking…

说实在的 你太浪费了
To be honest, you’re too wasteful.

小叔 你可是“浪费大王”
Uncle, you’re the number one wasteful man in our family.

下一个
Next,

下一个点名批评的是刘雅女士
I have to criticize Ms. Liu Ya.

嗯 我怎么了
Have I done anything wrong?

我在环保方面做得一直都挺好的嘛
I have been doing fine in environmental protection.

你比如说那个垃圾分类
For example, garbage separation

还有这个买节能灯泡
and the use of compact fluorescent tubes.

可是你买了很多高档服装啊
But you have bought so many expensive clothes.

那我穿得漂亮一点儿
If I am dressed beautifully,

那不也是美化市容嘛
I’m actuall helping to beautify the city.

这个高档服装是需要干洗的 对吧
But your expensive clothes are to be dry-cleaned, right?

干洗剂里面含有四氧乙烯
There is tetrachloroethylene in the dry-cleaning fluid.

四氧乙烯呢它的降解物是有剧毒的
Its degradations are highly poisonous.

破坏臭氧层 是吧
They can damage the ozone layer.

一旦进入土壤
Once they get into the soil,

会对动植物产生影响
they will do harm to animals and plants,

它们会中毒的
making them poisoned.

那会不会毒死小兔兔啊
Will rabbits also die of poisoning?

就是啊
Yes.

这个下面该轮到您了啊
Next I have to talk about you.

我也就是在乐乐洗澡这事儿上啊
I overindulged Le Le

太宠着他了
with regard to the question of taking baths.

要论环保我可以说
As for environmental protection,

在咱们家那是勤俭节约的典范
I can be counted as a model in living thriftily in our family.

爸爸 有一个概念要清楚
Dad, you must have a clearer definition.

节俭不等于环保
Living thriftily is not equal to environmental protection.

举个例子
Let me give you an example.

就咱们家那冰箱
The rubber seal of our refrigerator

那个密封条橡胶圈不坏了嘛 对吧
has been broken, right?

我早跟您说过让人来修让人来修
I told you long ago to get it fixed.

可您呢 就是为了怕花那几个钱
But you are afraid to spend money on it.

就这么凑合着用
So it is still being in use like that.

等等 省钱有错吗
Wait. Is saving money wrong?

这个这个 省钱当然没错了 是吧
Well, saving money is, of course, not wrong.

但是我这儿有一组数据啊 这个
But according to the statistics I have got,

每个家庭的年平均耗电量是八千度左右
the yearly power consumption per family is 8,000 kilowatt-hours.

密封条不好
If the rubber seal is defective,

冰箱的密封条要不好
if the refrigerator’s rubber seal is defective,

会多耗电百分之五到百分之十
there’ll be a 5-10% increase of power consumption.

要找您这说法
According to what you said,

全世界的那冰箱 是吧
if the rubber seal of all refrigerators

那个密封条都出问题了
in the world were defective,

那得浪费多少座
a lot of power

这个发电站发出的电呀对不对
would have been wasted, right?

听见没有
Did you hear that?

你爷爷才是“浪费大王”
Your grandpa is the number one wasteful man in our family.

那你也是“二大王”
Then you’re the number two wasteful man.

那我这罪过可太大了
My fault is too serious.

与其听你批判呢
Rather than listening to your criticism,

我还不如我自己花钱把冰箱修好
why not have the refrigerator fixed with my own money?

这就对了
You’re right.

最后 说乐乐
Last, I’ll talk about Le Le.

乐乐 你知道
Le Le, do you know

现在全世界有多少个国家缺水吗
how many countries in the world are suffering water shortages?

一百多个呀
More than 100.

别说洗澡了 喝水都喝不上
There is hardly enough drinking water, let alone any bathwater.

那好多国家的人就喝那黄汤子
People in many countries have to drink muddy water.

再看你 还这打水仗 浪费水
But you’re wasting water when you play waterborne games.

你说你对得起那些喝黄泥汤的小朋友吗
Don’t you think you should say sorry to those muddy water drinking children?

对不起
I’m sorry.

我现在就把水放了去
I’m going to empty the water at once.

小傻瓜 你要把水放了
You little idiot. If you emptied the water,

这不更浪费嘛
it would be an even bigger waste.

你想想 你跟你爸一块洗澡
Just imagine, if you take a bath together with your dad,

不就把这水省下来了嘛
the water will not be wasted.

您这主意好啊
It’s a good idea.

我和我爸洗完了
After I and my dad have washed up,

留下水给您洗
you can wash up yourself in the same water.

让我使你们剩下的剩水
You want me to use the water you left?

那您要不用的话
If you don’t use it,

可就对不起那些喝黄泥汤子的小朋友哦
you have to say sorry to those muddy water drinking children.

得 着剩水我还非用不可了
Okay, I’ll use the water anyway.

乐乐 你很有进步啊
Le Le, you’re making progress.

看来这个会开得是很有必要的
It seems this meeting is very necessary.

***

在汉语口语中
In spoken Chinese,

“说实在的”在句中做插入语
“shuo shizaide” serves as a parenthesis.

一般用在不想说或者不好说的话之前
Normally it’s used before words one is unwilling to say

常对比较信任的或者比较亲近的人说
to someone you trust or have close relationship.

小伟
Xiaowei,

你觉得苏珊的京剧唱得是不是好多了
do you think Susan sings Peking Opera a lot better now?

没觉得 说实在的
No. To be honest,

我觉得苏珊的嗓音不太适合唱京剧
I don’t think Susan’s voice is suitable for Peking Opera.

可是你也知道 她太喜爱京剧了
But as you know, she loves Peking Opera so much.

喜欢和天赋是两回事
Preference and gift are two different things.

老李 小勇刚推出的那个新菜
Lao Li, why, I didn’t find Xiaoyong’s new dish

我怎么没觉得好吃啊
quite delicious?

说实在的 我也不喜欢那个菜的味道
To be honest, I didn’t like the taste of that dish either.

可是刚才你怎么对小勇说味道不错啊
But why did you say to Xiaoyong it was quite delicious?

我不是想鼓励鼓励他嘛
I said that merely to encourage him.

***

爸 你干吗呢
Dad, what are you doing?

写讲稿
I’m writing a speech.

讲稿
A speech.

爸爸单位
Our bureau will carry out

要搞环保知识进社区的活动
an activity to promote the awareness of environmental protection.

我是讲师
I’m one of the lecturers.

哦 原来你是那我们练习呀
Oh! Actually you used us as a rehearse!

你怎么还不睡觉去呀
Why don’t you go bed?

老爸 白天您讲的那些我没听够
Dad, I didn’t hear enough of what you said today.

您在给我讲点儿吧
Could you say a little more to me?

让我继续那你练习
You want me to continue to use you for my rehearsal?

你乐意吗
Don’t you?

乐意
Yes, I do.

好孩子
Good boy.

来 过来 爸爸给你讲啊
Come over here. Let me tell you something.

你看啊 水 电
You see, water electricity…

哎 谁呢
Hey, why there is no more water!

我关了
I turned it off.

为什么
Why?

我爸爸说呀
My dad said

一天中 洗脸洗手涂香皂的时候不关水
if you leave the water on while applying soap,

一天能浪费六十升的水
you’ll waste 60 liters of water each day.

行了 行了
Enough is enough!

那个香皂沫都进到爷爷眼睛里了
The soap foam has entered my eyes.

快开开 快
Turn it on quickly!

爷爷 下次你得答应我
Granpa, you must promise me

洗脸洗手的时候涂香皂
when you apply soap next time,

必须得关水龙头
you must turn off the faucet.

好 我答应 我答应 开开
Okay, I promise you. Turn it on.

哎呀 多漂亮呀
Wow, it looks so good!

等天冷了我再去买它几件
When it gets cold, I’ll buy a few more.

乐乐 乐乐
Le Le, Le Le,

这羊绒衫不能用纸箱子装
you can’t put your cashmere sweater in a carton box.

会受潮发霉的
It will get mildewed in damp weather.

我一会儿就要仍
I’ll throw it away in a moment.

凭什么呀
Why?

不环保
It isn’t environmentally friendly.

这可是纯山羊绒 绝对天然的
It is pure goat wool, completely natural.

就更不环保了
It is even less environmentally friendly.

妈妈 您想啊
Just imagine, Mom,

要做羊绒衫哪
making cashmere sweaters

就得养无数只羊
requires the raising of countless goats.

那无数只羊得破坏多少的草场啊
How many grasslands have been destroyed by these goats?

那我以后就少买衣服
Then I’ll buy fewer clothes from now on.

预期少买不如不买
Rather than buying fewer clothes, I will not buy any at all.

***

在汉语中
In Chinese,

“与其A不如B” 表示在对两件事情
“yuqi A, buru B” means to compare two things

进行比较之后做出选择
before making a choice,

指出不应该选择A 而应该选择B
pointing out that B should be chosen rather than A.

这车怎么还不来呀
Why, the bus hasn’t come yet?

咱们都等了快二十分钟了
We’ve been waiting nearly 20 minutes.

可不是 老李 咱们别等了
Right. Lao Li, we’d better not wait anymore.

与其在这儿等着
It’s better to walk back slowly

还不如慢慢走回去呢
than wait here endlessly.

都等了这么长时间了
We’ve already waited so long.

咱们在等会儿吧
Let’s wait a bit longer.

说不定车马上就来了
Perhaps the bus is coming soon.

你等吧 我自己走回去
You can wait, but I’m going back on foot.

哎 你等等我
Hey, wait for me.

小伟 后天就是情人节了
Xiaowei, they day after tomorrow is Valentine’s Day.

我想送麦苗一件礼物
I’d like to give Mai Miao a gift.

你帮我出个主意 送她什么好
Can you come up with an idea for me what to give her?

什么 后天就是情人节
What? The day after tomorrow is Valentine’s Day?

哎呀 我还没给肖静准备礼物呢
Oh, I haven’t prepared a gift for Xiao Jing yet.

你别急 先说我的事
Take it easy. Let’s talk about my gift first.

你说 买条丝巾怎么样
What do you think of a silk scarf?

麦苗的丝巾已经很多了
Mai Miao already has enough silk scarves.

我觉得与其送她丝巾
I think it’s better to give her a teddy bear

不如送她个玩具熊
than a silk scarf.

***

有那么严重吗
Is it that serious?

只要乐乐在家
As long as Le Le is home,

咱爸就不敢洗脸了
Dad doesn’t dare to wash up.

我这后半辈子啊
In the latter part of my life,

也就没有新衣服穿了
I will not have any new clothes to wear.

这小伟以后啊
And Xiaowei from now on

就得在床上坐着跟坐月子似的
will remain bedridden like a new born baby’s mother,

喝红糖水儿了
drinking only brown sugar water.

哎呀 看来在我的教育下
Oh, under my education,

这个乐乐的环保意识还是增强了啊
Le Le has surely strengthened his environmental protection awarenss.

小雅 你们就忍忍吧啊
Xiaoya, you guys have to go one refraining yourselves.

我这个刚下班我饿了
I just come off work and I am very hungry.

你看这红烧牛肉 看着就好吃
Wow, the braised beef looks so delicious!

哎哎 你干吗呀
Hey, what are you doing?

吃牛肉是吗
You want to eat the beef?


Yeah.

您知道养牛要破坏多少草场吗
Do you know how many grasslands would be destroyed by the beef cattle?

这个破坏草场
The destruction of grasslands

对这个生态环境是非常不好的
is against environmental protection.

是啊
Yes.

您看 我妈妈都有进步了
Look, my mom is also making progress.

以后咱家不吃牛肉
We’re not going to eat beef from now on.

哎哎 乐乐 你爸爸我最爱吃的就是肉
Hey, Le Le, I like eating beef best.

您要给大家做榜样
You ought to set an example to the whole family.

哦 对了 那个汽车尾气呢
Oh yeah, the automobile exhaust fumes

会影响全球气候变暖
cause global warming.

所以我决定明天把车给卖了
So I decide to sell the car tomorrow.

儿子 这个讲究环保是对的
Son, protecting our environment is correct.

但是在这个世界上
But there isn’t anything in the world

没有绝对环保的东西
which is absolutely environmental friendly.

你不能因为环保
You must let environmental protection

破坏了正常的家庭生活
disrupt our normal family life.

那您是不是想继续吃牛肉啊
Do you still want to eat the beef?

对呀
Yes.

环保要从小处做起 您说的
You said we should start from small things in environmental protection.

哎哎哎 我还饿着呢
Hey, Hey, I’m still hungry.

你看 难得乐乐有环保意识
It isn’t easy for Le Le to have got such a strong sense of environmental protection.

您哪就忍忍吧啊
You’d better refrain yourself.

Advertisements