Subtitles for Episode 85 – Dragon Boat Festival

来了 来了来了
I’m coming. I’m coming.

哎 罗斯 快请进
Oh, Ross. Come on in quickly.

那个
Well…

那个 苏珊在那儿呢
Well, Susan is there.

罗斯来了
Hi, Ross.

来来 罗斯 来 来 坐
Come on, Ross. Sit down.

你来干吗了
What did you some here for?

当然是来找你了
Of course, he came here for you.

苏珊 你
Susan, you…

我没时间接受你的邀请
I’m too busy to accept your invitation.

你没看出来吗 我在忙
Don’t you see I’m busy right now?

干吗用叶子包米呢
Why are you wrapping rice in leaves?

你这个不懂呢
You don’t understand

这是中国的一种特色食品
this is tradtional Chinese food,

叫粽子
called zongzi.

包种子
You’re wrapping “zhǒngzǐ” -seed?

这么大的种子往哪里种啊
Where are you going to sow this huge seed?

往肚子里㮔
We’re going to sow it in our stomachs.

这个呀叫粽子
It is called “zǒngzǐ”,

不叫种子
not “zhǒngzǐ” – seed.

Zōng zóng zǒng zòng 粽子
“Zōng, zóng, zǒng, zòng,”.

对喽 粽子是端午节的特有食品
Yes, zongzi is the food eaten on the Dragon Boat Festival.

罗斯 你知道端午节的来历吗
Ross, do you know the origin of the Dragon Boat Festival?

知道
Yes.


Ah!

我就不是外国人
I’m not a foreigner here.

罗斯真是幽默得可爱
Ross’s humor makes him so lovely.

谢谢谢谢谢谢
Thanks, many thanks.

请告诉可爱的我
Please tell the lovely me

什么叫端午节
what the Dragon Boat Festival is.

这个端午节呀
The Dragon Boat Festival Duan Wu Jie

是中国的一个传统节日
is one of China’s traditional festivals.

每到这一天呢
On this day,

家家户户都要包粽子啊吃粽子
every family makes and eat zongzi.

有的地方还要喝雄黄酒 赛龙丹
And in some places, people drink rice wine and hold dragon boat races,

人山人海 非常热闹
drawing huge crowds of people, a scene of excitement.

我也想包粽子
I also want to wrap zongzi.

你小心我会把你包成粽子
Be careful not to let me wrap you into a zongzi.

在山的那边 海的那边
Beyond the sea over that mountain,

有一群蓝精灵
there is a group of Smurfs.

我回来了 哟 包粽子呢
Hi, I’m back. Oh, you’re making zongzi.

罗斯来了啊
Hi, Ross.

对了 那个明天是端午节
Well, tomorrow is the Dragon Boat Festival.

到家里来吃粽子 千万别忘了啊
Come to eat zongzi. Be sure not to forget it.

忘不了
No, I will not.

别 别把我包成粽子
Don’t wrap me into a zongzi.

大伟 快 大伟
Dawei, come here quickly.

好 来了
Okay, I’m coming over.

大伟 你能看出哪些粽子是我包的吗
Dawei, can you tell which zongzi are wrapped by me?

那我看看哪个像你啊
Let me see which zongzi looks like you.


What?

不是 哪个像你包的
No. Which zongzi look like the ones you wrapped.

哎哟 我还真看不出来
Oh, I really can’t.

不错 不错 包得真好
Not bad. You wrapped them pretty well.

比你头一回包饺子可强多了
You did much better than you first made jiaozi.

啊 包饺子
Oh, making jiaozi!

我还记得第一次包饺子的时候
I still remember the first jiaozi I made.

我包的饺子多像一个小怪物
It looked like a little monster,

把别的饺子吓了一跳
startling all the other jiaozi.

这个粽子怎么能做熟
How to boil there zongzi?

跟饺子一样
The same way as jiaozi.

下水一煮就熟了
Put them into the boiling water.

跟饺子一样
The same way as jiaozi?

对 哎哟 苏珊
Yes. Oh, Susan,

我那《动物世界》开始了
the Animal World has started.

我赶快去看啊
I’m going to watch it.

跟饺子一样
The same as jiaozi?

过年的饺子要放一枚硬币啊
Jiaozi for the New Year’s Eve should contain a coin

他们怎么全都忘了呢
Why did they forget it?

公元年​​前340年
In the year 340 BC,

楚国大夫屈原面临亡国之痛
dismayed by the defeat of his country Chu, Qu Yuan, a poet,

于5月5日悲愤地投汩罗江自杀
committed suicide by droning in the Miluo River on the Fifth day of the Fifth month.

人物对这位爱国诗人十分崇敬
People highly esteemed this patriotic poet.

为了不让鱼虾吃他的身体
In order to prevent the fish and shrimps eating his body,

就用竹筒装米 投入江中
they threw bamboo tubes filled with rice into the river.

粽子就是这儿来的 对不对
This is where zongzi came from, right?

对对
Yes, yes.

哇塞 罗斯都成中国通了
Wow, Ross has become a China expert.

哎呀 怎么比我还通呢
Oh, he is even better than me.

罗斯 你手里有什么呢
Ross, what’s that in your hand?

你干吗藏起来
Why are you hiding it?

没什么呀
Nothing.

好啊罗斯 你居然敢打小抄
How nice, Ross! You have a note in your hand.

罗斯 被女士们当场抓获
Ross, you were caught red-handed by the ladies.

我好同情你哦
I sympathize with you.

我认罚 我认罚
I agree to be punished.

那怎么罚呢
What kind of punishment you want?

狠狠地
A severe punishment.

多罚我吃几个粽子吧
Can you punish me by forcing me to eat more zongzi?

***

Gànmá yào yòng yèzi bāo mǐ ne?
干吗 要 用 叶子 包 米 呢?
Why should leaves be used to wrap the rice?

【干吗】

在汉语口语中
In spoken Chinese,

“干吗”一般用来询问原因或理由
“gànmá” means why.

小勇 小勇
Xiaoyong! Xiaoyong!

在这儿呢 找我什么事
I’m here. What are you here for?

你现在能给我讲讲
Can you tell me the story

端午节吃粽子的故事吗
about eating zongzi at the Dragon Boat Festival?

现在 干吗这么着急啊
Right now? What’s the hurry?

我现在有事
I’m busy right now.

明天早上告诉你 行不行
I can tell you about it tomorrow morning, okay?

也行
Okay.

今天麦苗在学校 哎哟
Today at school Mai Miao… Aw!

怎么了
What’s the matter?

没事 没事
Nothing, nothing.

刚才你干吗不让我说你受伤的事啊
Why did you stop me from talking about your injury just now?

我是怕舅舅 舅妈担心
I feared Uncle and Aunt would worry about me.

***

太好吃了
Very nice.

这个粽子真好吃啊
The zongzi is really delicious.

慢点吃哦 别噎着
Be careful not to get choked.

那个包着硬币的粽子
Whose lucky mouth will bite

会被哪一个幸运的嘴巴咬到呢
the zongzi that contains a coin?

哎哟
Ouch!

哎呀 你运气真好
How lucky you are!

这是什么
What is this?

怎么是一个枣核呢
How come it is a jujube kernel?

那你以为是什么
What else do you think it could be?


I…

在粽子里边有红枣
The zongzi contains jujubes.

那自然就有枣核了
So it is only natural to have jujube kernels.

这就叫做啊
This is really a situation in which

吃粽子不吐粽子红枣核
those who eat zongzi do not spit jujube kernels,

不吃粽子倒吐粽子红枣核
but those who do not eat zongzi spit jujube kernels.

哎哟 还是挺疼的
Ouch! That really hurts!

怎么没有别人“哎哟”了呢
Why no one else utters “ouch”?

什么意思啊
What do you mean?

真奇怪
It’s so strange!

怎么没有人再叫”哎哟”了
Why no one else utters “ouch”?


What?

我们为什么要“哎哟”啊
Why should we utter “ouch”?

吃到幸运粽子的人请举手
Anybody who has eaten the lucky zongzi, please raise your hand.

什么
What?

快说怎么回事儿
Tell us quickly what it is all about

看得我们着急
so as to save us being worried.

没关系
It doesn’t matter.

现在放进去还来得及啊
It is still not too late to put it in.

幸运粽子好了
The lucky zongzi is done!

就是这样子
That’s it.


What?

苏珊原来你用硬币制造了一个幸运粽子
Susan, did you create a lucky zongzi with a coin?


Yes.

哎呀 你怎么把粽子当成年夜饺子了
Oh, how could you take zongzi for the New Year Eve’s jiaozi?

怎么
I’m wrong?

这个饺子和粽子啊那是两码事儿
Jiaozi and zongzi are two different things.

中国人没有往粽子里包硬币的传统
Chinese don’t have the tradition of putting a coin into zongzi.

哎哟 我还以为你们忘了
Oh, I thought you had forgotten it.

我还想给你们一个惊喜
I throught I should give you a surprise.

哎呀 真抱歉
Sorry.

哎呀 算了 放了就放了吧
Oh, that’s okay.

不过大家吃的时候当心一点
But we should be careful when we eat.

这个糯米呢包上硬币不容易被发现
A coin wrapped in sticky rice is hard to find.

很容易硌牙
It is likely to hurt the teeth.

还好 现在没有人硌牙
So far so good. No one’s tooth has been hurt.

您那个不算
Yours didn’t count.

您那个是拿枣核硌的
Your teeth were hurt by a jujube kernel.

对不起大家
I apologize to you all.

没关系 不就是一枚硬币吗
It doesn’t matter. It is just a coin.

大不了就吃进肚子里
At worst, someone many have swallowed it.

就当是存银行了
It may be considered money saved in the bank.

就是没有利息
Only there is no interest.

等等 等会儿 爸爸
Wait, wait, Dad.

那个不等吃进肚子里啊
That thing should not be swallowed.

我听刘雅说过
I heard from Liu Ya that

这硬金属啊经过消化道 进入肠胃
if a piece of hard metal enters the stomach and intestines,

会引起剧痛
it will cause drastic pain.

还好没有人吃下去
Fortunately no one has swallowed it ye​​t.

除非像罗斯那样狼吞虎咽
Unless someone gobbled like Ross.

哎哟
Ouch!

他配合得还挺好
He cooperated perfectly!

就是 小伙子 你有表演天赋
Yes, young man, you have a genius for acting.

哎哟
Ouch!

哎哟 演起来还没完
Ouch, could you stop acting?

别开这样的玩笑
Don’t joke with us

省得我们担心
to save us the trouble of worrying about you.

我没有开玩笑
I’m not joking.

我 哎哟 是真的肚子痛了
Ouch! My stomach really hurts!

***

Nǐ kuài shuō zěnme huí shì,
你 快 说 怎么 回 事,

shěngdé wǒmen zhāojí.
省得 我们 着急。

Tell us quickly what it’s all about to
save us trouble of worrying about you.

【⋯⋯,省得⋯⋯】

在汉语中 “⋯⋯省得⋯⋯”句式表示
In Chinese, the “… shěngdé…” sentence pattern means that

做了某件事或不做某件事
doing or not doing something

就可以避免发生后边所说的某种情况
can prevent something that follows from happening.

欢迎免费品尝
Welcome to taste it free!

小姐 这种饮料好喝吗
Miss, does this beverage taste good?

当然好喝 你尝尝
Of course it does. Taste it, please.

您一定会喝一杯想两杯
You must want another glass of it after the first.

谢谢
Thanks.

那我不尝了 省得以后麻烦
I’d better not taste it to avoid trouble in the future.

妈 我回来了 这是我同学…
Mom, I’m back. This is my classmate.

阿姨好 我叫王朋
Hi, Auntie! My name is Wang Peng.

你好 乐乐 你们去楼上吧
Hello! Le Le, go and play upstairs.

王朋 你爸爸妈妈知道你在这儿吗
Wang Peng, do your parents know you’re here?

不知道
No, they don’t.

你给家里打个电话吧 省得他们担心
Make a phone call to your home so that they won’t worry about you.

***

罗斯 坚持住
Ross, hold on.

救护车马上就到
The ambulance is coming soon.

哎呀 这要是刘雅在家就好了
Oh, how I wish Liu Ya was home.

嗨 妈 刘雅在也没用
Oh, Mom, Liu Ya can’t do anything even if she is home.

就罗斯现在这个问题呀
Considering Ross’s case,

就得马上到医院去洗胃去
he has to go hospital to have his stomach washed.

可是那么大的硬币能洗得出来嘛
But can a coin that big be washed out?

你这是疼得还是吓得呀
Are you really painful or just scared?

我看呀两种都有
I think both.

行了行了 别再问了 省得他紧张
There, there. Don’t ask him anymore so that he won’t be nervous.

哎哟
Ouch!

苏珊
Susan!

你不舒服 你别说话
You are not feeling good. Stop talking.

因为吃你的那个大硬币馅的粽子
Just because I ate that coin-containing zongzi,

我就变成这样子
I’ve got so painful like this.

哎哟 但是我不怪你
Ouch! But I don’t blame you.

你不要内疚
You mustn’t feel guilty.

我本来不内疚
I’m not feeling guilty at all.

不过我现在听你的话
But now having heard what you said,

开始内疚了 对不起 对不起
I’m beginning to feel guilty. I’m sorry.

你不要内疚 我不怪你
Don’t feel guilty. I don’t blame you.

但是
But…

如果你有什么要求你尽管说
If you have any request, just say it.

我想 借你的肩膀靠一竹土中卜
I just want to learn against your shoulder.

这个嘛 好吧
Well, okay.

然后 再摸摸我的头
Then please touch my head.

啊 好吧
Ah? Okay.

我回来了
I’m back.

我饿了
I’m hungry.

可怜的罗斯
Poor Ross,

你现在好一点儿了吗
are you feeling any better now?


Yes.

这奇怪了啊
It’s so strange.

这摸脑袋还能治肚子疼
Touching the head can cure my stomachache.

哎哟
Ouch!

这粽子里怎么还有这玩意啊
How could there be such a thing in the zongzi?

哎 我的牙硌坏了
My tooth is broken.

你们看他干吗呀
Why are you all looking at him?

不可思议啊
This is just inconceiveable!

硬币把小伟的牙硌了
The coin made Xiaowei’s tooth ache.

罗斯怎么肚子疼啊
But how come Ross is having a stomachache?

奇怪啊
It is strange indeed.

我的肚子好像没有那么疼了
My stomach seems less painful now.

忘了告诉大家
I forgot to tell you that

我一吃多就肠胃不舒服了
I have abdominal discomfort whenever I eat too much.

是吗 我真想敲你的头
Really? I want to knock your head off!

Advertisements