Subtitles for Episode 91 – The Porcelain Vase

就要开始了
It’s going to start now.

这不己经开始了嘛
It has already started.

我说的是 《古董鉴宝》 栏目
I mean the treasure-appraising show,

不是这个嗯嗯唧唧的
not the moan and groan sort of program.

什么嗯嗯唧唧的
What moan and groan?

这是音乐会现场直播
It is the live broadcast of a concert performance.

现场直播你到现场看去
You should go to the concert hall instead of watching it on TV.

你别捣乱啊
Don’t make trouble.

这个电视干吗就非得你一个人把着啊
Why do you always dominate the remote control?

我这是把艺术大门
I’m a gatekeeper of the arts.

你给艺术看门
You can be a gatekeeper.

那也不能拦着我鉴赏古董啊
But you can’t prevent me from watching the antique show.

咱家有古董吗
Do we have any antique?

你鉴赏也是白鉴赏
Watching the show is just a waste of time.

你怎么知道咱家没有古董
How do you know we have no antique?

哪儿呢 哪儿呢 拿给我看看呀
Where is it? Show it to me.

你怎么就非得要惊动
Why do you stubbornly want me to disturb

咱家这个暗藏的宝贝呀
our hidden treasure?

吹 吹吧你
You’re bragging. Go on bragging.

好 我这就把宝贝给你请出来
Okay, let me present the treasure to you.


Please.

老刘啊
Hi, Lao Liu.

出去旅游 已经在火车站了
You’re traveling and already at the railway station?

没问题 好 再见
No problem. Goodbye.

祝你一路顺风
Have a nice trip?

你等着
You just wait.

吹吧你就 吹 使劲吹
Go on bragging. Go on.

妈 谁在哪儿吹呢
Mom, who is bragging?

你爸
Your dad.

他非告诉咱家有一个暗藏的宝贝
He keeps saying there is a hidden treasure in our home.

是真的啊
Is it true?

你还真信哪
Do you believe it?

不 不 不信
No, no, I don’t believe it.

这不得了嘛 你让他吹去吧
That’s it. Just let him go on bragging.

宝贝请来了
I’ve invited the treasure here.

这 这
Is this…

这就是我珍藏了多年的宝贝
This is the treasure I’ve kept for years.

你看看着色泽 看看这纹理
Look at its color and texture.

你看看着色泽 看看这纹理 纹理
Look at its color and texture.

别捣乱 这这这是传家宝
Don’t mess with me. This is our family heirloom.

传家宝
Our family heirloom?

不行了 我同学电话
I’m splitting my sides. A call from my former classmate.

哎 什么事儿
Yeah. What did you say?

啊 你要去美国
You’re going to America?

那好 那等你回来咱们再聚吧
Okay. Let’s go together after your return.

祝你一路平安啊
I wish you a safe journey.

小伟呀 特大性新闻 爆炸性新闻
Xiaowei, extremely big news, startling news!

哟 你们二位也在这儿呀
Oh, you two are also here!

需要我们回避吗
Do we have to withdraw from here?

不不不 不需要 不需要 完全不需要
No, no, unnecessary, absolutely unnecessary.

我回避 我回避
I’ll withdraw.

我回避什么呀
Why withdraw?

反正都不是外人啊
Anyway, none of us is an outsider.

我告诉你啊 咱家有一件宝贝
Let me tell you there is a treasure in our home.

宝贝
A treasure?


Yes.

什么宝贝
What treasure?

你连咱家邮件宝贝你都不知道
You don’t know there is a treasure in our home?

有件传家宝
We have an heirloom.

传家宝
An heirloom?


Yes.

咱家有传家宝
Do we have a family heirloom?

一个瓶子 在咱爸哪儿呢
A bottle. Dad keeps it.

走 去看看
Let’s go have a look.

快 走
Yeah, let’s go.

一个瓶子
A bottle?

快去看看 快快快
Come on. Let’s go have a look.

***

送别时 如果你想用汉语
When you’re seeing someone off

对临行的人说句祝福的话
and want to say farewell in Chinese,

你可以说“祝你一路顺风”
you may say “Zhu ni yi lu shun feng!”

或者“祝你一路平安”
or “Zhu ni yi lu ping’an!”

我们还可以简单地说“一路顺风”
Or you may simply say “Yi lu shunfeng!”

或者“一路平安”
or “Yi lu ping’an!”

小雅 这次我出差得半个月
Xiaoya, I’ll be away on business for half a month.

家里的事就辛苦你了
You have to take care of the family all on your own.

你放心地走吧
Just take your trip withour worries.

我会照顾好家里的
I’ll take good care of the family.

乐乐 你要听妈妈的话
Le Le, you should be obedient to Mom

要帮妈妈干活儿
and help Mom do some house chores.

我知道了
I will.

爸爸 祝您一路顺风
Dad, I wish you Godspeed.

我和你爸出去旅行这几天
I and your dad will be traveling for a few days.

你们要照顾好自己
You must take good care of yourselves.

吃饭别凑合
Don’t eat makeshift meals.

您就别担心我们了
Don’t worry about us.

你们两路上照顾好自己就行了
Please take care of yourselves on the way.

好 我们会的
Sure, we will.

时间不早了 回去吧
You’ve been here long enough. Go back now.

好的 一路平安
Okay. Have a nice trip!

***

老伴儿 你从哪儿把这瓶子找出来的
Old man, where did you get back that porcelain bottle?

床底下
Under the bed.

你还知道这瓶子是怎么来的吗
Do you know the origin of this bottle?

那怎么能忘得了啊
How can I forget it?

记得咱们结婚的时候
I remember when we got married,

没有钱大办婚礼
we had no money for a big wedding ceremony.

就请亲戚朋友吃了几块糖
All we did was to give our relatives a couple of candies each.

这糖啊还不是最贵的
The candies were not the most expensive kind,

但是它是最甜的
but they were the sweetest.

那时候我们家也没有钱
At that time, my family had no money either.

我爸爸就给咱们送了几件小摆设
My dad gave us a few knickknacks as gifts.

这就是其中的一件
And this is one of them.

后来这个瓶子就一直跟着咱们
The bottle has thus been with us till this day.

后来咱们这个小家
Later, we

有了房子 车子 儿子 孙子
had our own apartment, cars, sons and a grandson.

这个瓶子见证了咱们家
This bottle has witnessed

步步高的幸福生活
the steady rise of our family’s happy life.

就冲这 这瓶子也是个宝贝
Just because of this, this bottle can be counted as a treasure.

爸 来
Dad, come here.

你们两这是干什么呀
What are you doing, the two of you?

爸 我听说咱们家有一件传家宝瓶
Dad, I heard we have an heirloom in our family.

听说 听谁说
You heard? Who told you?

我告诉他的
I told him.

我看见了 但是没看清
I saw it, but I didn’t see it clearly.

看见了
You saw it?

看见就看见了呗
So what?

爸爸 这件事儿可是发生在咱们家
Dad, this is a big event taking place

文化生活中的一件大事儿啊
in our family’s cultural life.

这说明古董就在我们身边
It shows that we have an antique right by our side.

这多让人激动啊
How exciting it is!

爸爸 您拿着那个古董
Dad, you can take that antique

要是参加电视台的那个鉴宝节目
to participate in the TV show Treasure Appraisal,

万一让专家鉴定出
If the experts find it

这个宝贝价值连城 是吧
to be invaluable treasure,

那咱们家
then our family…

不是 那个那不就是说明您是这个藏宝人嘛
no, it will indicate you’re the keeper of this treasure.

您也可以在电视台精彩亮相啊
You’ll be able to go on television.

哦 还是算了吧
Oh, forget it.

爸 您别算了呀
Dad, why forget it?

功名富贵如同过眼烟云
Fame and wealth are as transient as a fleeing cloud.

做人要低调 低调
We should keep a low profile in life.

小伟 我明白了
Xiaowei, now I understand.

咱爸呀是担心拿到电视台以后
Dad fears that if he takes it to the TV station

专家一看不够档次
and the experts find it to be not up to par,

自讨没趣
he might invite public contempt.

我看哪 爸是担心
In my opinion, Dad fears that

怕让人专家给鉴定出来是假的
if the experts find it be a fake,

他丢不起那人
he might lose face.

你们两个人呀可以随便想
The two of you may give free rein to your imaginations.

爸 你先让我看看那宝贝
Dad, why not let us take a look at the treasure first?

我还不知道它长什么样呢
I have no idea what it looks life.

我也没看清呢
I didn’t see it clearly either.

你们两老追着我干什么呀
Why are you pestering me?

我告诉你们
Let me tell you

那个东西没什么可看的
this thing is not worth a look.

父亲大人啊
Dear father,

您看我们从小长到大
ever since my childhood,

也不知道咱们家有这么一个传家宝
I have never known we have an heirloom.

我们就是特别的好奇
We’re just being curious.

哎呀 舅舅 您就拿出来给我们看看吧
Oh, Uncle, please take it out to let us have a look.

对对对
Yes, yes.

对 你看看他们着急得快变成蚂蚁了
Look, they are anxious like the ants

热锅上的
on a hot pan.

要不是苏珊和麦苗
If it were not for Susan and Mai Miao,

我就不让你们看
I would never let you have a look.

赶紧谢谢人家
Say thanks to them, okay?

谢谢 谢谢
Thanks, many thanks.

太谢谢了啊
Many, many thanks.

还得谢谢你妈
You should also thank your mom.

谢谢啊
Thanks, ah?

哦 你爸当宝贝似的
Yeah, your dad has been keeping it like a treasure.

给他塞到床底下了
He has put it under the bed.

我得爬进去给你们拿出来
I have to crawl inside to get it out.

谢谢妈 谢谢老妈 谢谢
Thank you, Mom. Thanks indeed.

就这个瓶子 随便看吧
It is just this bottle. See it for yourselves.

等等等等 女士优先
Wait, wait. Ladies first.


Wow!

看出什么了吗
Did you find anything special?

很古老
Very ancient.

很中国
Very Chinese.

该轮到你们哥俩观赏了
Now it’s you guys’ turn.

哎 我急得有点儿印象
Eh, it seems I have some impression of it.

我小时候玩捉迷藏的时候
When I played hide-and-seek when I was a child,

我差点儿没把它砸了
I nearly smashed it.

什么
What?

看完了没有
Have you finished looking at it yet?

看完了我该收起来了啊
If you have, I’m going to put it away.

爸爸 慢慢慢慢
Dad, wait a moment.

您说这么好的东西
This thing is really nice.

它是哪个年代的呀
But what historical period does it belong to?

自己看落款
Look at the seal on the bottom.

清朝 明朝
The Qing Dynasty? The Ming Dynasty?

元朝的
The Yuan Dynasty?

没有落款
There is no seal.

那你两眼放什么光啊
Why are you staring at me like that?

这你就不懂了吧
You just don’t understand.

凡是古老的东西都没落款
All ancient things bear no seals.

你看春秋战国时候出土的文物
Do those unearthed relics from the Spring and Autumn and Warring States Period

哪有落款的呀是吧
bear any seals?

春秋战国时期
The Spring and Autumn and Warring States Period?

去现在有两千多年的历史
That existed more than 2,000 years ago.

两千多年的历史
More than 2,000 years ago?

那么古老啊
It is so ancient!

我真想拥抱它
I really want to embrace it.

抱着它 就感觉好像
It feels so good to embrace it,

抱着一段悠久的历史一样
just like embracing an ancient history.

小 小伟 你还是给我吧
Xiaowei, give it back to me.

我有件事儿我差点忘记问你了
I’ve got something I nearly forgot to ask you.

什么事儿啊
What is it?

我还是问爸爸吧
We’d better ask Dad first.

爸 我强烈呼吁
Dad, I strongly appeal to

把咱们家这古董迅速拿到电视台
you all to take our family antique to the TV station

去参加古董鉴宝活动
to take part in the treasure appraisal activity,

让权威的专家给一个权威的鉴定
and have it appraised by some authoriative experts there.

爸 你看咱们家好不容易有这么一个古董
Dad, it isn’t easy for our family to own an antique.

我特想了解它
I really want to know its value.

对 一定要让公众都知道它的价值
Yes. We must let the public know its value.

您不能把这么好的东西
You shouldn’t put such a nice thing under the bed

从床底下掏出来然后又塞回去吧 对吧
again after my mom took it out here, right?

打住
Cut it out.

我脑袋都大了
I’m dazed.

这个古董啊你们愿意干什么干什么吧
This antique is now at your disposal.

我们不管了
We leave it to you.

不管喽
You can do whatever with it.


Yeah!

小伟 咱们带着这个古董
Xiaowei, hurry, let’s take this antique

马上去电视台报名参加《古董鉴宝》栏目
to the TV station for the Treasure Appraisal program.


Let’s go.

好 走走走
Okay, let’s go.

哥 你等等
Brother, wait a moment.

咱们把它放在箱子里更显高贵
We should put it in a box to make it look more valuable.

你这个主意好
It’s a good idea.

不带这样的
You can’t do that.

什么破盒子呀这是
What a shabby box it is!

怎么了 怎么了
What’s the matter?

什么这么向啊
What a big sound?

声音这么脆呀
And the sound is so crispy!

你们一定要挺住
You must grin and bear it.

对 传家宝碎了
Yes, the family heirloom is broken.

***

在汉语口语中
In spoken Chinese,

“差点儿”可以用来表示某种事情
“chadianr” is used to mean nearly

几乎实现但没有实现
or almost do something

或者几乎不能实现但终于实现了
or fail to do something.

“差点儿”的否定形式是“差点儿没”
The negative form of “chadianr” is “chadianrmei”.

当表示不希望实现的事情
When we want to say

几乎实现但没有实现是
something bad nearly becomes a reality,

用“差点儿”的肯定形式和否定形式
we may use either “chadianr”

意思相同
or “chadianr mei”

苏珊 这次考试你有考得不错吧
Susan, did you do the exam pretty well?

还行 你呢
Not bad. What about you?

这次我没好好儿复习
I hadn’t reviewed well enough.

考得不好 差点儿没及格
I did badly in the exam. I nearly failed to pass.

及格了就行呗
It’s okay to pass the exam.

好了 别再想考试的事了
Well, don’t think about the exam anymore.

走 咱们一起去吃午饭吧
Let’s go for lunch.

老唐 我得出去一趟
Lao Tang, I need to go out for a bit.

刚才老刘打电话来说
Lao Liu just called and said

团里有事找我
there is something at the theater needing my presence.

你出去的时候可得小心点儿
You must be careful when you’re out.

外边的路挺滑的
The roads are very slippery.

刚才我去买菜 就差点儿摔倒了
When I went shopping just now, I nearly fell.

好的 我知道了
Sure, I will.

***

是这样
I see.

先不要告诉他们
Don’t tell them for the moment.

叫他们难受难受 也好吸取教训
Let them be upset so as to learn a lesson.

小伟 别难过啊
Xiaowei, don’t be so upset.

我听人家说了
They told me

这古董碎了以后
if an antique is broken,

这碎片更值钱
its shards are more expensive.

你看 这碎片我估计就能换一个别墅
I guess this shard is worth a villa.

这块碎片 我估计就能换一辆汽车
This shard, I guess can be worth a car.

这块碎片最少得换部手机
And this shard is worth at least a cell phone.

你们不要难过
You shouldn’t be upset.

我们一点儿都不难过
We’re not at all upset.

是吗 太好了
Really? Terrific.

本来这个瓶子不值钱
This bottle isn’t worth anything.


What?

嗯 是啊
Yes, it’s true.

舅舅说他只是一个纪念品而已
Uncle said it was only a commemorative bottle.

Advertisements