Subtitles for Episode 98 – Hometown Girl (Part 2)

看来上次那个办法挺管用啊
It seems the method we used last time worked pretty well.

你指什么呢
what are you referring to?

让麦苗姐赶走那个幺妹
The method Mai Miao used to drive Yao Mei away.

自从麦苗出现了
Since Mai Miao appeared,

那个妖怪再没来过
that witch has never come again.

看来你也讨厌她
It seems you also dislike her.

那样的人没有一个人喜欢
No one likes that type of person.

谁说的
Who says so?

现在来的这个人就喜欢
The man who likes her is right here.

爷爷好
Hello Grandpa.

爷爷好
Hi Grandpa.

你们好 你们好
Hello there.

打扫卫生呢
You’re cleaning up.

哟 打扫的真干净
Oh the room is so clean and tidy.

女孩子就是心细
You girls always do your jobs meticulously.

幺妹有些日子没来了
Yao Mei hasn’t come for many days.

不来才好呢
She’d better not come.

幺妹是个好姑娘
Yao Mei is good girl.

值得你去追求
She deserves to be chased by you.

她现在可能忙的高兴呢
She might be busy working happily right now.

我喜欢她
I like her.

有空的话给她打个电话
Give her a call when you have time,

让她到这儿吃家乡饭来
telling her to come for a native style meal.

那我试着找找她的电话啊
Ler me try and find her phone number.

多照顾照顾她
GIve her more concern.

女孩子在外面 容易受人欺负
Girls away from home are likely to be bullied.

她不欺负别人就不错了
She would be good enough if she didn’t bully others.

什么呀
What did you say?

我是说您放心
I said you should rest assured.

如果她在外面遇到什么麻烦
if she met some trouble on the street,

我肯定会保护她的
I would definitely go to protect her.

她来了
She is coming.

保护我
I need protection.


Who?

我的钱呢也都赔光了
I’ve lost all my money in business.

还被房东赶出来
I was driven out by my landlord.

在街上流浪了一天
I wandered on the street the whole day today,

连饭我都吃不上
not eating anything.

我正准备爬上一个老高老高的大楼
Then when I was ready to climb a very tall building.

饿了一整天
You were starved the whole day.

还能爬上老高老高的大楼
Could you still climb a very tall building?

人家那儿有电梯
There are elevators in it.

我就上了顶层
I got on top of that building.

结果我正准备闭上眼睛往下一跳
As I closed my eyes and was ready to jump off.

没事儿 没事儿
It’s all right.

发现我被自己的鞋带绊倒了
I found I was tripped up by my shoelace.

我这一低头啊
I looked down.

看着我踩得黑糊糊的鞋带
and saw the darkened shoelace under my foot.

我就想起了我的小勇哥
Then I thought of Brother Xiaoyong.

黑糊糊的鞋带让你想到了小勇
The darkened shoelace reminded you of Xiaoyong.

你要注意个人卫生了
You should pay attention to your personal hygiene.

我是想起了小勇哥
I mean I recalled how Brother Xiaoyong.

小的时候给我系鞋带的时候的场景
tied my shoelaces when we were small kids.

我就这么一琢磨
I started to think that

有我小勇哥和爷爷在
I had Brother Xiaoyong and Grandpa.

我干吗要轻生呀
Why should I make light of my life?

我想我要是来找他们
I figured if I went to ask them for help.

他们也一定会收留我的
they would definitely take me in.

孩子 你这么琢磨就对了
Honey it is right to think that way.

给我张纸
Give me a paper tissue.

不过我不想白吃饭
But I don’t want to eat without payment.

我要想自食其力
I want to earn my own living.

我想你们也一定会支持我
I’m sure you will support me.

当然
Of course.

如果我要是想自食其力
If I want to earn my own living.

要想在餐馆打工
I’d like to work at your restaurant.

我想你们也一定会同意 是吧
I guess you will definitely agree right.

当然
Of course.


Ah?

怎么 你有意见
What? You don’t agree?

当然 没有
Of course I do.

勇哥 这是明天要推出的新菜调味酱
Xiaoyong this is the sauce for the newly launched dish.

你尝尝嘛
You want to taste is,

太忙了
I’m too busy,

这么好吃的东西 值得尝尝
It’s delicious and worth tasting,

没时间吃
I have no time to eat,

哎 等会儿
Eh, wait a moment,

咱们店要推出新菜了
Why I know nothing

我怎么不知道
about the new dish our restaurant has launched?

你一个大经理
A great manager like you

这点小事儿你就甭管了
should not worry about such a trivial matter.

再说了 我办事儿你还不放心呀
Besides with me in charge you should be at ease.

这是我的餐馆
This is my restaurant.

推出新菜这种大事儿
Launching a new dish is an important matter.

你怎么能擅自做主呢
How could you have made the decision without my consent?

我这不是感激你收留我
I just wanted to do more work for you,

想为你多做点事儿嘛
to show my gratitude for taking me in.

你也别难过啊
Oh don’t be upset.

是我的错 我不应该那么凶
It’s my faul.t I shouldn’t have been so hard on you.

要不我把新菜给你做出来尝尝
How about letting me cook the new dish for you to taste?

幺妹工作很努力嘛
Yao Mei works so hard.

这个值得同情的人
She is worthy of our sympathy.

表现得很不错
Her work performance is pretty good.

老板对她也不错哦
Our boss is also very kind to her.

可千万别让麦苗误会了啊
Eh, make sure not to let Mai Miao misunderstand me.

苏珊 麻烦你帮我跟麦苗解释一下啊
Susan, I have to trouble you to explain it to Mai Miao.

勇哥 新菜做好了
Xiaoyao the new dish is ready.


Oh.
苏珊 你没觉得这个幺妹哪里不对劲吗
Susan, don’t you find anything wrong with Yao Mei’s behavior?

什么意思
What do you mean?

我老家有一种鸟
There is a kind of bird in my home village.

专门把蛋下到别人的窝里
The bird always lays its eggs in the nest of another bird.

然后再慢慢地强占这个窝
Then it gradually invades this nest.

谢谢给我补充鸟类知识
Oh thank you for enriching my knowledge on birds.

谁给你补充鸟类知识了
Who enriched your knowledge on birds?

刚才讲的不是鸟吗
Didn’t you just talk about birds?

我说的不是鸟 是人
I didn’t mean birds but some person.

刚才讲的明明是鸟
Obviously you talked about birds just now.

我跟你真是说不清楚
I can’t make it clear to yo

咱们还是各忙各的吧
Let’s be busy working separately.

去忙吧
Sure, go ahead.

***

Yāomèi shì gè hǎo gūniáng,
幺妹 是 个 好 姑娘,

zhídé nǐ qù zhuīqiú.
值得 你 去 追求。

Yaomei is a nice girl who deserves to be chased by you

“值得”后边加上动词或小句
“Zhídé” followed by a verd or a clause

表示说话人认
means that you believe

做某事有好的结果 有意义或有价值
something is worth doing.

刘雅 没想到在这儿碰到你
Liu Ya I did’t expect to memt your here.

真巧啊
How fortuitous it is.

是啊
Yeah.

我来看看有没有什么好的英语光盘
I came here to see if there are some nice English DVDs

给儿子买一点
to buy for my son.

我一般都买英语动画片
I usually buy English animations

内容有意思 孩子很喜欢学
which are interesting and children like to learn.

嗯 你这办法不错 值得一试
Yeah it’s a good idea and worth trying.

你们今天去参观博物馆了吗
Did you visit the museum today?

去了 上午去的
Yes we went there in the morning

下午四点才回来
and got back at four this afternoon.

你觉得怎么样
What do you think of it?

值得去参观吗
Is it worth visting?

非常好 博物馆很大
It’s pretty good. The museum is very large.

展品非常丰富
And there are lots of exhibits.

我了解了很多新东西
I learned many new things.

***

你这个椅子要擦干净
You should wipe this chair clean.

还要擦出光亮来
Wipe it till it shines.

你别老光擦面
Don’t just wipe the seat.

擦擦椅子腿
You should also wipe the chair legs.

看看椅子腿多脏啊
Look how dirty these legs are.

难道你洗澡的时候光洗脸呀
Do you only wash your face when you take a bath?

我现在就想用抹布给你洗脸
I really want to clean your face with this rag.

哎 您这是拖地呢还是画画呢
Hey are you mopping the floor or drawing a picture?

拖地呀
I’m mopping the floor.

你连毛笔和拖把都分不清楚吗
Can’t you tell a writing brush from a mop?

你们俩别总凑在一起
You tow don’t always mingle together.

各干各的
Go work separately.


Yes.

我说你这是怎么拖地呢
How are you mopping a floor?

你不会吗 来 我教你
You don’t know how?
Let me teach you.

我当然会拖地了
Of course I know how to mop a floor.

那你干吗向我请教啊
Then why did you ask me how.

谁向你请教了
Who asked you how?

我是说你拖地拖的不干净
I mean you are not mopping the floor cleanly.
这怎么拖地呀 那么不干净
How did you mop the floor?
It’s still very dirty.

哎呀 你就别跟我推让了
Oh you shouldn’t refuse to let me help you.

来来来 坐那儿休息会啊
Come on Sit there to take a rest.

小勇哥 你来了
Brother Xiaoyong you’re here.

啊 怎么了这是
Yeah What is this all about?

我就想让她休息会儿
I just want her to take a rest.

我多干点
I’d like to do more work so as

这不是为了报答你和爷爷嘛
to repay you and Grandpa for your kindness.

那你也别累着啊
Dont’t get too tired.

看见了吧 我是怎么拖地的
Do you see how I’m mopping the floor?

学着点 拿着
You must learn. Take it.

她不也是来打工吗
Isn’t she also a worker here?

干吗呀那么凶
Why is she so ferocious.

她可不止是来打工的
She isn’t here just to work.

我说你们俩干着干着活怎么还聊上了
Why did the tow of you start chatting while working ?

一点儿规矩都没有
You’re not observing the regulations.

要是我以后当上了老板娘
When I have become the proprietress here,

可得好好调教调教你们俩
I’ll let you know how to be qualified workers.

老板娘 她不是
The proprietress? Isn’t she

她就是那只抢别人窝的鸟
the bird that invades the nest of another bird?

别忘了帮我把货发了
Don’t forget to help me to send out the goods.

把我那个货款给我收回来
and collect the payment.

还有 还有两份合同
Also two contracts

应该是今天或明天就应该能收到了
should be received either today or tomorrow.

他会给你送过去 好
He will deliver them to you.
Okay.

她不是破产了吗
Is she bankrupt?

怎么还在谈生意
Why did she still talk business?

会抢别人窝的鸟
The bird that can invade the nests of other birds
当然也会骗人了
of course can also cheat.

哎呀 笨小勇遇到狡猾鸟
Oh, the stupid Xiaoyong has met this cunning bird.

这下麻烦了
He is going to be in trouble.

***

Nǐmen liǎ bié zǒng còu zài yīqǐ.
你们 俩 别 总 凑 在 一起,

gè gàn gè de
各 干 各 的!

The two of you shouldn’t be together all the time.
Do your job separately!

在汉语中这是一种固定结构
In Chinese It’s a fixed structure

用来表示每个人自己干自己的事
meaning that cach one does something alone.

要注意的是
Note:

这个结构中的动词必须是单音节的
The verb in this structure should be monosyllabic.

这家店的冰淇淋特别有名
The ice cream of this shop is very famous.

每一种看起来都很好吃
Each type looks delectable.

你想要什么 我请你
What do you want?
It’s my treat.

不用了 咱们还是各付各的吧
No Let’s go Dutch.

小雪 你第三题的答案是多少
Xiao Xue what’s the answer to the third question?

58
58

第四题呢
What about the fourth question?

你们俩干吗呢
What are you doing between you two?

各做各的题
Work on your questions on your own.

不要对答案
Don’t exchange the answers.

***

不好意思 我去趟洗手间
I’m sorry. I have to go to the toilet.

这是谁呀 你们关系不错嘛
Who is he?
Your relationship is quite close.

怎么了 你管得着嘛
So what?
It’s none of your business.

就是好奇
I’m just curious.

有一个电影你看过没有啊
Have you ever seen a movie

叫《好奇害死猫》
called “Curiosity Kills the Cat”?


Ah?

哎呀 人家回来了 赶紧走
Oh he is back. Go away quickly.

那死猫走了
The dead cat is going away.

需要加菜跟死猫说一声
If you want any more dishes, just tell me the dead cat.

小勇哥 那个麦苗真是你女朋友啊
Brother Xiaoyong, is Mai Miao really your girlfriend

怎么可能啊
How can she be

怎么可能不是啊
and not be my girlfriend?

那我怎么就从来没看你俩约过会呀
But why I have never seen you date once?

尤其是今天
And today in particular,

你看她根本就不想理你
she didn’t brother to talk to you at all.

谁说的
Who says she didn’t?

你没听见她刚才叫我死猫吗
Didn’t you hear her call me Dead Cat?

小勇哥 你干脆放弃她选择我
Brother Xiaoyong, you should simply give her up and shoose me instead.

这个问题咱们已经讨论过了
We’ve discussed this question before.

我打算维持原判
I’m going to adhere to my principles.

可是
But,

本判决为终审判决 不得上诉
The verdict is final and not appealable.

小勇哥 其实我根本就没破产
Brother Xiaoyong, actually I am not bankrupt.

我这么做吧
I said I was

就是为了能天天跟你在一块
just for being able to be together with you every day.

我现在还准备放弃我自己的生意
Now I’m ready to give up my business.

投资入股跟你一起开餐厅
and invest in your restaurant.

没破产
You aren’t bankrupt?

你还是回去卖服装吧
You’d better go back and sell your clothes.

您要赶我走
Are you going to drive me out of here?

当初可是您让我留下来的
It was you who asked me to stay in the first place.

我当时以为你身无分文
I thought you were penniless then.

谁知道你比我们还有钱
I didn’t know you have more money than we have.

爷爷 你怎么不想想啊
Grandpa, why don’t you give it a thought?

如果我要是嫁过来
that if I’m married to your family,

我这钱还不都是您和小勇的
all the money will belong to you and Xiaoyong?

诱惑来了 爷爷顶住啊
Here comes the temptation.
Hold out Grandpa.

咱们得尊重小勇的意见
We should respect Xiaoyong’s opinion.

说的好
You can say that again.

他能有什么意见呀
What opinion could he have?

爷爷 我早给您计划好了
Grandpa, I’ve carefully made a plan for you.

我觉得呀这儿特适合开一个高档餐厅
I think the place here is most suitable for a top-grade restaurant.

而且这是爷爷一直以来的一个理想不是
Isn’t that your long-cherished dream, Grandpa?

您要不是为了锻炼一下小勇哥
If it were not for your decision to toughen Xiaoyong,

您这高档餐厅早开起来了
you would have long set up your top-grade restaurant.

为了拉扯他呀
In order to bring him up,

我是放弃了不少机会
I did give up a lot of opportunities.

所以呀 您不能再这样牺牲了
So you mustn’t make any more sacrifices.

就这么定了
It’s all set.

这个高档餐厅呢一开张
Once this top-grade restaurant opens,

您就是这儿的总经理
you’ll be the gengral manager here.

完了 爷爷说不过她呀
It’s done for. Grandpa can’t match her eloquence

看来这个老板娘是当定了
It seems she’ll be the proprietress for sure.

不能妥协
We shouldn’t give in.

每个人都有每个人的生活
Everyone has their own life.

为什么要让她左右
Why let her control our lives?

麦苗 你怎么来了
Mai Miao why did you come?

我带她来的
I brought her here.

我就讨厌这种霸道的人
I despise this kind of domineering person.

我要去跟她决斗
I want a duel with her.

等一下
Wait a moment.

我有比打架更好的主意
I’ve got an idea better than a fight.

这个是从刘雅那边借来的戒指
This is a ring I borrowed from Liu Ya.

这样的
My idea is like this.

小勇哥呢
Where is Brother Xiaoyong?

他在那儿
He is there.

他们俩怎么又和好了
Are they reconciled to each other again?

何止和好了 注意好
Not just reconciled. Look carefully.

亲爱的 你答应收下它
My dear if you agree to accept it.

就代表你答应和我订婚了
it means you agree to be engaged to me.

我答应
I agree.

哎呀 我的妈呀
Oh my goodness.

好了好了计划成功了
Okay, okay, our plan has proved successful.

她被气跑了
She left in anger.

听见了吗
Did you hear that?

嘘 让我再幸福一会儿
Let me be happy for another moment.

苏珊 我们走
Susan, let’s go.

哎呀呀 腰
Oh, My waist.

Advertisements