Subtitles for Episode 99 – Ceramics Class

最近 我迷上一件很有情调的事情
Recently I’ve got fascinated by something chic.

我也很喜欢有情调
I also like chic things.

怎么样
What do you think of this?

这个大杯子真别致
This big glass is very elegant.

什么杯子呀
It is not a glass.

这明明是个花瓶
Obviously it is a vase.

苏珊 送给你
Susan,it is for you.

太谢谢你了
Thank you very much.

正好我可以插花用
I can put flowers in it.

还有这个
And also this thing.

这个盘子真漂亮
This plate is so beautiful!

什么盘子呀
It isn’t an ordinary plate.

这明明是挂在墙上的
Obviously it is to be hung on the wall.

梅子 送给你
Meizi,it is yours.

谢谢麦苗姐
Thank you,Mai Miao.

还有一个这个
And also this.

这是什么呀
What is it?

我知道 这是挂坠
I know this is a pendant.

恭喜你 回答正确
Congratulations! Your answer is correct.

为了表示鼓励你 这个送给你吧
As an encouragement,I give it to you.

这个也太
It is too …

嫌难看呀
Too ugly?

不难看 只要你送的我都喜欢
No,it is’nt. I like whatever you give me.

这些都是麦苗亲手做的
All these are hand-made by Mai Miao.

麦苗姐 你太厉害了
Main Miao, you’re so great.

最近呀我在一家陶艺吧学陶艺
I’ve been learning ceramics making at a ceramucs bar.

原来你去了陶艺吧
Actually you went to learn ceramics.

学陶艺很辛苦
Learning ceramics is hard.

我每天很晚才能回家
I can’t go home ever day until late into the night.

那今天晚上能回家吃饭吗
Will you come home for dinner this evening?

我也说不好
I can’t say for certain

也许还会很晚吧
Perhaps I’ll be home also very late tonight.

我表现得机会来了
The chance to please her has come.

没事儿 这个真可爱
It’s okay.It is really very lovely.

麦苗 我已经等你半天了
Mai Miao, I’ve been waiting for you for a long time.

小勇 你真让我感动
Xiaoyong,I’m deeply moved.

你冷不冷
Are you cold?

只要见到你我就不冷
No, T’m not cold as long as I can see you.

小勇 勇哥 你真好
Xiaoyong,you’re so nice.

麦苗 你看
Mai Miao,look,

我还戴着你送给我的挂坠
I’m still wearing the pendant you gave me.

真不好意思 每天都得麻烦您送我
I’m sorry to trouble you to see me home ever day.

别那么说
Don’t say that.

上课的时候呀咱们一块儿切磋陶艺
We discuss ceramics together in class.

这不是下课了嘛
Now it’s after class.

那我就充当护花使者
I’m glad to an escort for you.

那改天我请你喝茶
I’ll invite you to a tea some day.

别那么客气
You don’t have to.

那我就送到这
Shall I say goodnight here?

谢谢你 再见
Thank you,See you tomorrow.

走了
goodnight!

别怕 是我
don’t be scared. It’s me.

小勇 你在这儿干吗
Xiaoyong? What are you doing here?

吓死我了
You scared me to death!

我来接你 怕路上有危险
I’m waiting for you to make sure you’re safe on your way home.

你没看见我有护花使者吗
Didn’t you see my escort?

看见了
Ah, I did.

万万没想到 你竟然有护花使者
To my surprise,you had an escort!

这也太 太让我感到欣慰了
I’m really very,very pleased about it.

他是谁 干什么的
Who is he? What dose he do?

你们认识多长时间了
How long have you konwn him?

统统保密
It’s all secret.

你告诉我吧
Please tell me.

我不会跟他过不去的
I won’t be hard on him.

人家又没有招惹你
He hasn’t offended you.

你干吗跟人家过不去
Why should you be hard on him?

我跟他做朋友
I want to make friends with him.

你们做不了朋友
You can’t be friends.

为什么
Why not?

不告诉你
I waon’t tell you.

他不就是喜欢陶艺嘛
He just likes ceramics,right?

我也喜欢呢
I like it,too.

我还戴着你送给我的挂坠呢
I’m still wearing the pendant you gave me.

身子呢
Where’s the body?

小勇 你这么不珍惜我送给你的礼物
xiaoyong,you don’t care for the gift I gave you.

别生气 肯定是掉哪儿了
Don’t be angry. It must have fallen somewhere.

肯定是掉哪儿了
It must have fallen somewhere.

掉哪儿了
Where has it fallen?

你呀自己在这慢慢找吧
You take time to look for it.

我回家了
I’m going home now.

麦苗 那你明天晚上有时间
Mai Miao,if you have time tomorrow evening.

去我那吃饭吗
Can you eat dinner at my place?

我也说不好
It’s hard to say for certain.

我给你煲汤
I’ll cook soup for you.

你就别费心了
Don’t bother.

麦苗
Mai Miao.

我是掉哪儿了
Where has it fallen?

***

Wǒ yě shuō bu hǎo.
我 也 说 不 好。
It’s hard to say.

在汉语口语中“我也说不好”
In spoken Chinese, “wo ye shuo bu hao”

表示说话人对某些事不敢肯定
means it’s hard to say.

乐乐 这周六是咱们环保小组的活动时间
Le Le, this saturday is the time for our Environment Protection Group.

同学们想请你爸爸来给大家讲一讲环境保护的问题
Our classmates want your dad to give us a talk on Environmental Protection.

好 那我回去跟我爸爸说一声
Okay.I’ll talk to my dad when I go back.

可是 他这周六能不能来我现在也说不好
But whether he could come or not,it’s hard to say.

难道你爸爸周六也要上班吗
Dose your dad have to work also on Saturday?

他最近特别忙
Recently he has been very busy.

正在为一个环保大会做准备
preparing for an a conference on environmental protection.

我不知道他到时候要不要加班
I’m not sure whether he’d work extra hours then.

麦苗 咱们都等了二十多分钟了吧
Mai Miao, we have been waiting more than 20 minutes now.

可不是 这车怎么还不来呀
Yes, How come the bus hasn’t arrived?

师傅 您知道301路车多长时间来一趟吗
Sir,do you know how frequently Bus 301 arrives here?

这可说不好
It’s hard to say.

有的时候十几分钟就有一辆
Sometimes,it comes about every quarter of hour.

可是有的时候半个多小时才来一辆呢
But sometimes, the interval can be as long as over a half hour.

***

挂坠马上就粘好了
The pendant will be glued together at once.

老板 你消消气啊
Boss, cool down.

我要学陶艺
I want to learn ceramics.

老板
Boss.

完了 这回彻底是粘不上了
It’s done for. You can’t glue the parts together now.

赶快打扫一下
Clean up the floor quickly.

别让麦苗看见了
Don’t let Mai Miao see this.

梅子
Meizi.

那儿一块
There is a piece over these.

这是怎么了 俩木头人
What’s happened? Two wooden figures?

哎呀 你们在练气功呀
Oh,are you practicing qigong?

这个 我刚刚做了一个重大决定
I’ve just made an important decision.

我要学陶艺
I’ll learn ceramics.

你要学陶艺
You want to learn ceramics?

你才没那艺术细胞呢
You don’t have that sort of art cells.

我有
I do.

我做的凉拼盘 刻的萝卜花客人都舍不得下筷子
The assorted cold dishes I prepared and the turnip flowers I carved are all highly appreciated by the customers.

那都是艺术品
They are all works of art.

那你餐馆这么忙
You’re so busy attending to your restaurant.

哪有时间去学陶艺呀
You have no time to learn ceramics.

我可以把工作交给苏珊
I can hand the work over to Susan.

梅子 还是交给你吧
Meizi,I’ll let you do the work.

谢谢老板
Thank you, boss.

你们俩干嘛呢
What were the two of you doing?

这姿势那么奇怪呢
The postures were so strange.

别直愣愣地站着了
Why are you stangding there stupefied?

店里有什么喝的
Do you have anything to drink here?

除了果汁就是茶
We have tea, in addition to fruit juice.

果汁和茶都可以
both fruit juice and tea will be okay.

哎呀 对不起
Oh, I’m sorry.

我突然想到果汁和茶都没了
It dawned on me that all the fruit juice and tea have run out.

小勇 你什么意思啊
Xiaoyong, what do you mean?

那苏珊 我们走
Susan, let’s go.

小勇啊 我有点儿事儿想跟你说
Xiaoyong, I’ve got a word with you.

是吗
Really?

好啊你小勇 你居然把脸都给摔碎了
Oh, Xiaoyong,you even broke its face.

不是 麦苗 你别生气
Not really.Mai Miao,don’t be angry.

等我学出徒了 我再亲手做一个送给你
When I’ve learned the craft,I’ll make one myself for you.

不是麦苗
Mai Miao!

麦苗 我
Mai Miao!I…

你什么时候去学啊
When are you going to laern the craft?

这是什么呀
What is this?

这是我亲手为你做的挂坠
This is the pendant I made myself for you.

你戴上一定很漂亮
It’ll look very pretty on you.

这么难看的挂坠啊
What an ugly pendant it is!

苏珊 要给你戴你戴吗
Susan, if I gave it to you, would you wear it?

我不会 很丢脸
No, I wouldn’t. It would make me lose face.

苏珊 你有没有审美眼光
Susan, do you have an eye for artistic beauty?

你自己手艺不好
You are not skilled all.

你怎么能怪别人呢
How could you blame other people?

我这儿还有更好的
I have still better ones here.

这是我第一次做的
This is the first one I made.

有那么难看吗
It isn’t that ugly.

这是我第二次做的
And this is the second one I made.

鼻子还没装
I haven’t put on its nose yet.

还不如第一次呢
It is even worse than the first one.

这个 半成品
This is an unfinished one.

这个是我的手
This is my hand.

麦苗 送给你 我的手
Mai Miao,it is for you, my hand.

这个 老师已经夸我有进步了
The teacher praised me, saying I was making progress.

小勇啊 你就在这儿慢慢进步吧
You take your time to make progress here.

我跟苏珊就先走了
I and Susan are leaving.

别走
No.

现在给你们看本人最杰出的作品
Now let me show you my masterpiece.

鸭子
A duck?

大雁
A wild goose?

有点儿想象力好不好
Could you be a little more imaginative?

你们眼里怎么能除了鸭子就是大雁呢?
Why are you thinking of ducks and geese only?

告诉你们吧
Let me tell you

这是一只美丽的白天鹅
this is a beautiful white swan.

这哪儿是白天鹅啊
This is not a white swan.

明明就是跟你一个颜色嘛
It is obviously the same color as you.

我还没上色呢
I haven’t applied any color to it yet.

这还湿的吧
It is still wet.

刚做的 还没干
I just made it. It is still not dry.

其实我觉得还挺好看的
Actually I find it very pretty.

哎哟 可爱 湿湿的小天鹅
Oh, what a lovely ,wet, little white swan!

小勇 那你就把这个白天鹅给晒干了 上好颜色之后再给我们看
Xiaoyong, after you have this white swan dried and applied color to it, show it to us again.

我跟苏珊就先走了
I and Susan are leaving now.

好好 行行 慢走啊你们
Okay, okay. Take care.

慢走
Take care.

哎呀 辛亏还没上颜色 还没晾干
Oh, fortunately it has no color and is not dry yet.

还有机会再见一次面
I’ll have another chance to see her!

谁让你在这摆摊的
Who allowed you to sell things on the street?

赶快把东西收了跟我走
Put your things away. Come with me.

不是 我不是摆摊的
No, I’m not a street vendor.

***

Chúle guǒzhī, jiùshì chá.
除了 果汁, 就是 茶。
It is either juice or tea.

在汉语中“除了A就是B”表示只有A和B两者存在
In Chinese,”chúle le A jiùshì B ” means it is either A or B.

麦苗 你进步真快呀
Mai Miao,you’ve made rapid progress.

还差得远呢
But still a lot of room for improvement.

你看我做的这几个作品除了花瓶就是盒子
Look,these few works of mine are either vases or boxes.

我还不会做别的
I’m still unable to make other things.

可是你看 你做的这个花瓶和这两个盒子多漂亮啊
But look at this vase and the two boxes you made. How beautiful they are!

真的吗
Really?

朋友 今天一晚上你坐在这儿除了抽烟就是喝酒
My friend, you’re been sitting here all the time tonight either smoking or drinking.

一定有什么烦心事吧
There must be something upsetting you.

我的女朋友跟我谈了五年的恋爱
My girlfriend has been with me for five years.

今天突然跟我提出分手
But today she suddenly said she wanted to part with me.

为什么呀
Why?

她嫌我挣钱太少了
She said I didn’t earn enough money.

这样的女朋友吹就吹了吧
It isn’t a bad thing to break up with this kind of girlfriend.

***

好 得了 吃饱了
Okay,I’ve eaten to my fill.

你慢走 下次来我还给您打折
Goodbye. When you cone next time,I’ll give you a discount again.

找我就成啊 找我就成
Just let me know when you come.

老板回来了
My boss is back?

哎哟 这我这几天没来
Oh, I’ve been away for a fwe days.

餐馆格外干净啊
The restaurant has been kept so clean and tidy.

梅子 你太让我放心了
Meizi,with you in charge, I’m at ease.

我琢磨着你要是再不学徒回来是不是把餐馆转让给我
I was figuring whether I should have your restaurant transferred to me if you haven’t finished your apprenticeship.

嘿 野心还不小
Hey, you’re so ambitious!

我宣布正式学成归来
I announce that I’ve completed my training.

这两天有没有人打听我
Has anyone come to inquire about me these past few days?

有 有卖鱼的 有卖菜的 有卖
Yes,people who sell fish,people who sell vegetables and who sell…

停 麦苗
Knock it off. Mai Miao?

根本没来
She didn’t come at all.


Sit down

梅子 先给我来壶茶
Meizi,brew pot of tea for me first.

来了
The tea is ready.

等等 我来
Wait. Let me do it.

您啊就别跟我客气了
Oh,you’re just being too courteous.

当了这么长时间的护花使者
You’ve been my escort for so long.

我请您应该的
I’m obligated to invite you to dinner.

还是我请你吧
Let it be my treat.

我见过这么多女孩子呀
I’ve seen so many girls.

你是最有灵气的一个
But you’re one of the brightest.

过奖了过奖了
I’m flattered.

我轻易不夸别人
I seldom praise people.

小勇 这是一位贵客
xiaoyong, this is a distinguished guest.

可要好好服务啊
Please serve him well.

你们认识呀
You know each other?

啊 那个我是她朋友
Oh, I’m her friend.

幸会幸会
I’m pleased to meet you.

幸会
I’m pleased to meet you.

小勇 这位也是一位陶艺高手
Xiaoyong, he is a master of ceramics.

以后有问题要多向人家请教
You may ask him for advice if you any questions.

不谦虚的说我现在也是一个高手
I’d like to say immodestly I’m also a master now.

梅子 上作品
Meizi, show them my works.

来了
Yes,sir.

怎么样
What do you think?

我准备把餐馆的餐具全换成这个系列的
I’m planning to replace all the utensils here with this series.

行啊你小勇 进步不小
Terrific,xiaoyong.You’ve made remarkable progress.

不过在我们胡老师面前你呀这就是小学生水平
But before my teacher, Mr.Hu,your works are merely up to the level of elementary students.

胡老师 你不是麦苗的同学呀
Mr.Hu,you’re not Mai Miao’s co-trainee?

这是我陶艺老师
He is my ceramics teacher.

哎哟 不好意思啊 班门弄斧了
Oh,I’m sorry to show off before a real master.


Move them away

等等 从这件作品可以看出你非常有天分
Wait. From this work, I can see you’re quite gifted.

要不收你为徒
Well, I’d like to accept you as my student.

真的吗
Really?

哎呀 那我跟麦苗就是同学了
Oh, then I and Mai Miao would be co-trainees.

太可惜了
What a pity!

麦苗硬说自己没有天分
Mai Miao said she wasn’t so gifted.

这不准备学吉他去了
She is now going to learn how to play the guitar.

啊 那我 我也学弹吉他
Ah? Then I’ll also learn how to play the guitar.

小勇 你是我见到非常难得的一个人才
Xiaoyong, you’re one of the few potential talents I’ve ever met.

你这双手啊非常适合做陶艺
Your hands are very suitable for making ceramics.

我觉得我更适合弹吉他
I think they are more suitable for playing the guitar.

陶艺
ceramics

吉他
the guitar

陶艺
ceramics

吉他
the guitar

我看你啊最适合炒菜
I think you’re most suitable for cooking dishes.

我听麦苗的 还是炒菜去吧
I’ll take Mai Miao’s advice. I’d better go cook my dishes.

Advertisements